v1.4 and v2.0 installed side by side

Thread: v1.4 and v2.0 installed side by side

v1.4 and v2.0 installed side by side

I seem to be having a few issues that I'm unable to sort out. I'm hoping someone who has both versions (or maybe all three) of Prepar3D installed side-by-side.

When I had only Prepar3D v1.4 installed, installing Orbx products via the migration tool went without a hitch. Everything worked appropriately through the FTX control panel as it should.
    Now that I have Prepar3D v2.0 installed, (same drive, same path, different folder names) I'm having issues where I can't install Orbx into the second (v2.0) installation so I can have the same FTX control panel options for the newest release. When I checked in the root folder of each version I was expecting the EXE's to be named differently. IE: Prepar3d.exe and Prepar3Dv2.exe. Or something like this. Unfortunately the EXE's are both named Prepar3D.exe. I'm not sure, but I think that may be causing the problem of my not being able to install the Orbx sceneries into the new version because they are installing into the original install of v1.4.

Considering the situation, how do I go about getting the scenery installed into v2.0?

Big Mike posted a link to the info I was needing in another topic here. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=4126
    This is a bit technical but worth a try.
    Last edited by OleBoy; November 29th, 2013 at 08:10.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    If I were in your place, I would go straight to the people who made the addons and ask them. They would know first hand what to do. That's my humble two cents. I am sure at their forums they have already found many ways to do this.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hi Bill

The link I posted above that Big Mike shared here in the forums, worked slick as a whistle. Prepar3D v2 is now a resident of the Orbx products.
    There's an elevation problem at KHQM, and almost all the trees (globally) are being displayed as an upright cross as if two planes are rotated 90 degrees to each other that the tree textures are on. The link above also mentions how to fix that. However, after several attempt of the method they describe, it did nothing. The OP stated that it was a temporary fix until LM releases an update.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Hi Bill

The link I posted above that Big Mike shared here in the forums, worked slick as a whistle. Prepar3D v2 is now a resident of the Orbx products.
    There's an elevation problem at KHQM, and almost all the trees (globally) are being displayed as an upright cross as if two planes are rotated 90 degrees to each other that the tree textures are on. The link above also mentions how to fix that. However, after several attempt of the method they describe, it did nothing. The OP stated that it was a temporary fix until LM releases an update.
    Hi there,

I'm glad you found my guide useful, I was getting tired of editing the scenery.cfg file manually and decided to do something to "assist" the Orbx installer :-)

I updated the guide with screenshots to help the less computer savvy and it's available here:

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/1...x-scenery.html

Have a great weekend.

Best regards,

Jerome
    Last edited by jzimmermann; November 29th, 2013 at 15:56.

Your little tutorial worked nicely Jerome. Thanks for your time and efforts in putting it together and publishing it.