PMDG DC-6... It's alive !
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PMDG DC-6... It's alive !

PMDG DC-6... It's alive !

No, not in a sense that you can go and grab it just right now, but check this out! :

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426609-...-unique-twist/

Anybody not familiar with this amazing project, check this out too ( click the pics! ) :

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361760-...-is-a-classic/

EXITED!!!!

cheers,
    jan
    Last edited by Javis; November 20th, 2013 at 19:51.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    What they need are some Arctic Canadian Pilots. Calling Buffalo.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Phooey ... took its time , be good to finally see this model rather the today's typical button pushin machines which .. well PMDG .. yep superb ! Its good to see this outfit really show its real metal ! Finially ! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Great news!!

For me the PMDG DC-6 is still the most anticipated release

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

For me as well Tim, time to get a SSD, and do a complete re-install of Windows 7 and FSX!!
    You think we could apply for beta, we know a bit about the DC2....

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Jan,

Hi matey, I'm calling you on a twice per week basis, but only get your voicemail.
    I'm working in Amsterdam now, would like to come over for a beer, if that's OK.

Best, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Jan,

Hi matey, I'm calling you on a twice per week basis, but only get your voicemail.
    I'm working in Amsterdam now, would like to come over for a beer, if that's OK.

Best, Rob
    Hoi, Rob! Sorry bout the phone but the beer is cold!

I've sent you a PM.

cheers,
    jan

A very beautiful model, but a bit too difficult for me to fly to justify the purchase....

What sounds good--the beer invite or the DC-6B? Personally, both sound great to me!!!

Kent

I think I'm reading faaaaaaaar to deep into this, but does it look like we might one day see a DC2/3/4/7 also?,

"the first of our upcoming PMDG Classics series of products. The first product in this line will be the Douglas DC-6."

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    A very beautiful model, but a bit too difficult for me to fly to justify the purchase....
    Pretty much the same feeling with me Huub. I have the JF/AH DC-6 and feel that is enough of a handful for me. PMDG are way over priced for my liking.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    What sounds good--the beer invite or the DC-6B? Personally, both sound great to me!!!

Kent
    If you're willing to travel the ocean for it, you're welcome to a pint or two, Kent.

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Timbohobo View Post
    I think I'm reading faaaaaaaar to deep into this, but does it look like we might one day see a DC2/3/4/7 also?,
    One could ponder about the fact that the current FSX DC-2 model is already too much nearing PMDG quality for PMDG to warrant a new project like that. I think the same goes for the freeware DC-3 model ( provided that an authentic vintage VC of the same quality as the external model will be added, which is likely to happen ). And wouldn't you think that the DC-4 and -7 are too much related to the DC-6 for PMDG to take any of these as a new classic project ? Although they stem from the same family, the're very different to eachother. I have a hunch that the next PMDG 'Classic' project might well be equipped with kerosene burners rather than recip engines for propulsion. I haste to say that i'd love to see PMDG stay with the latter for their 'Classic - In between' projects. It might well very much depend on the success of the forthcoming DC-6...

That's only in light of my 2cents, of course.

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    PMDG are way over priced for my liking.
    That's probabely because you don't have any of the PMDG airliners in your hangar, Pat ?...

PMDG is in a league of its own. Can't be compared with anything else regarding airliners ( Ok, A2A B377, surely ). Yes, pricing is in a league of its own too but that's only fair if you ask me. All their offerings are worth every penny.

The JF DC-6 is lovely, re JF classic airliners the VC is one of their best. I would've been satisfied with it for a long time to come. But when i read the annoucement of PMDG doing a DC-6 ( almost two years ago now.... ) it was very fortunate that i happend to be buckled up at that moment otherwise i would've fell right out of my pilot seat ! A dedicated vintage propliner aficionado's dream come true !

I'm willing to pay any price they'll ask. I know it's going to be worth every penny and more.

But, hey, that's only me.

cheers,
    jan
    Last edited by Javis; November 23rd, 2013 at 06:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    PMDG is in a league of its own. Can't be compared with anything else regarding airliners ( Ok, A2A B377, surely ). Yes, pricing is in a league of its own too but that's only fair if you ask me. All their offerings are worth every penny.

[...] But when i read the annoucement of PMDG doing a DC-6 ( almost two years ago now.... ) it was very fortunate that i happend to be buckled up at that moment otherwise i would've fell right out of my pilot seat ! A dedicated vintage propliner aficionado's dream come true !

I'm willing to pay any price they'll ask. I know it's going to be worth every penny and more.

But, hey, that's only me.
    I'm with you too, Jan! And I couldn't agree more!

The PMDG 737 and 777 are both wonderful addons and worth every cent. Given the fact that the DC-6 in one of my all-time favorites it's hard to curb my excitement

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I welcome ALL vintage commercial aircraft, whatever type or form, I gotta have em all

In fact any multi-engine vintage.... be it military or civvy

That's probabely because you don't have any of the PMDG airliners in your hangar, Pat ?...

cheers,
    jan
    Actually Jan I have the Jetstream 41. I purchased that when I was still working but now that my only income is from an aged pension I need to watch my pennies. While I live on my own I still have to justify spending $60 to $80 on a FS aircraft. Prior to retiring I had no problems buying FS stuff. I love what ORBX is producing but need to be fussy as to what I buy.

Finally anything I purchase the manufacturer must gaurantee it is supported in P3D.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Actually Jan I have the Jetstream 41.
    Ok! So you must know about the PMDG quality, right ?..

The J41 also proves that not all PMDG products are priced in the $60-$90 region. Like the J41 the DC-6 is also outside of the common PMDG contemporary jet airliner offerings so the pricing might well indicate that too. It's all a matter of what tickles your fancy, isn't it. It seems that atleast half of the flightsimming world has been waiting for the PMDG 777 while the other half probabely couldn't care less (including me...)

I purchased that when I was still working but now that my only income is from an aged pension I need to watch my pennies. While I live on my own I still have to justify spending $60 to $80 on a FS aircraft. Prior to retiring I had no problems buying FS stuff. I love what ORBX is producing but need to be fussy as to what I buy.
    Fully understand of course !

Finally anything I purchase the manufacturer must gaurantee it is supported in P3D.
    I really hope PMDG will come to their senses and steer away from their current non supporting stance towards P3D. So for the moment you can keep your money in your pocket, Pat. Or... you must belong to the ever so fanatic propliner lover camp, like me...

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Given the fact that the DC-6 in one of my all-time favorites it's hard to curb my excitement
    Same here! :-)

My heart skipped a beat when i read an update announcement by PMDG boss Robert Randazzo on the Avsim frontpage the other day. All about the 777 forthcoming upgrades and 744 v2. Nothing, nada, not even one word about the DC-6.... I knew it! It has been scrapped ! This was too good to be true !

Pretty nasty trick by Mr.R..... When i checked the PMDG forum to investigate further it was only by coincidence that i clicked the post i linked to in this thread. I don't know if it was on purpose but Mr.R carefully omitted 'DC-6' in the topic title. It possibly was the 'unique twist' that triggered my curiosity. Can't tell you how pleased i was to read the content of his post. I hope Mr.R won't play a trick like this again because i'm not sure if i'll survive...

What's your speculation, Tim ? Will we find this wonder underneath the Xmas tree ?

cheers,
    Jan

Blog Entries
    Well...I'm going to have to bite on this one.

Considering the complexity of running a four engine radial and the demands on the engineer, I'm going to have to train my wife. lol
    Just getting this aircraft to altitude is a major undertaking. With real time systems integration it's going to be off the chart.

Seriously, if this aircraft is a fly by the book quad radial it's going to be super demanding for a single sim pilot. With the PMDG modeling ethic built in, this will certainly be a magnificent piece of equipment. I'm going to remain a two sim guy once the new LM sim is installed, but if I have to fly the DC-6 in FSX I'll just struggle through. Poor me.

Crank up the stereo baby....this one's going to sound good!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I really hope PMDG will come to their senses and steer away from their current non supporting stance towards P3D. So for the moment you can keep your money in your pocket, Pat. Or... you must belong to the ever so fanatic propliner lover camp, like me...

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan, I am not a great fan of those screaming banshsees, tubeliners or flying cigars or whatever people want to call them. The only ones in my sim with the exception of the iFly 737NG are the default big jets. I like to keep cool wit those big fans either in front of me or on the wings.

I love flying GA or Warbirds.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Seriously, if this aircraft is a fly by the book quad radial it's going to be super demanding for a single sim pilot.
    I have a hunch PMDG might provide us with a virtual crew to help us master this beast, like with A2A's accusim B-17 and B377. The're both a joy to fly but still keep you on your Qui-Vive.

Crank up the stereo baby....this one's going to sound good!!!
    You bet!