New York City X
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York City X

New York City X

By Drzewiecki Design!

HD texture setting.

Last edited by TuFun; November 19th, 2013 at 17:32. Reason: HD textures!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

What kind of frame rates do you get with this scenery? It looks VERY frame intensive! Beautiful scenery.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    What kind of frame rates do you get with this scenery? It looks VERY frame intensive! Beautiful scenery.

Don
    With both scenery/autogen set at extreme was about 8 fps on my AMD 965/ATI 5850 computer. Defiantly requires a super computer. Going try this in P3D V.2 when released, to see if the off load to the GPU has any improvements. Not to bad when lower the setting a bit.

Oh, forgot to mention these are HD textures, choice of either standard or HD.
    Last edited by TuFun; November 19th, 2013 at 17:31.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    With both scenery/autogen set at extreme was about 8 fps on my AMD 965/ATI 5850 computer. Defiantly requires a super computer. Going try this in P3D V.2 when released, to see if the off load to the GPU has any improvements. Not to bad when lower the setting a bit.

Oh, forgot to mention these are HD textures, choice of either standard or HD.

You know I've been running NYX with the HD textures with a GTX 780 and Core i7 Extreme. Don't look as sharp as your screens TF. Maybe I don't have my settings quite correct. But getting FPS around 20.

d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    You know I've been running NYX with the HD textures with a GTX 780 and Core i7 Extreme. Don't look as sharp as your screens TF. Maybe I don't have my settings quite correct. But getting FPS around 20.

d
    That's what I need an i7 and GTX 780. 20 fps with the complexity of this scenery is pretty good. I'm using RadeonPro with SMAA set at ultra. I should lower it to increase my fps.

This scenery is quite impressive Ted, thanks for showing it off so well here ! Mike

That's really nice, but how terrible that MS abandoned this title vice engineering true multi-core support to leverage that and be able to actually achieve good framerates with such spectacular scenery!

Ken

Now if this tech was used for flight sims...

Ditto here. Haswell i7 4770k o'clocked to 4.4 Hz with water cooling. GTX 780. Runs smooth 30 fps most places but doesn't look nearly as good as any of Ted's screens on this thread and all his others! Sharper and also better depth of color. I had "shade" on my old machine but didn't do much with it. Just seemed to make things a bit darker and slow down fps.

On the new machine, in the rush to get up and running, I just borrowed someone else's posted "recommended" settings for Nvidia Inspector, but no idea if these are optimal or not. Don't have a lot of time to A-B test all the different set-ups one can find googling.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post

d
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Ditto here. Haswell i7 4770k o'clocked to 4.4 Hz with water cooling. GTX 780. Runs smooth 30 fps most places but doesn't look nearly as good as any of Ted's screens on this thread and all his others! Sharper and also better depth of color. I had "shade" on my old machine but didn't do much with it. Just seemed to make things a bit darker and slow down fps.

On the new machine, in the rush to get up and running, I just borrowed someone else's posted "recommended" settings for Nvidia Inspector, but no idea if these are optimal or not. Don't have a lot of time to A-B test all the different set-ups one can find googling.
    Using SMAA for clarity and SweetFX for the color enhancements. Use to use Shade, but like you was on the dark side.

John (bomber_12th) has some of the best screenshots and I believe he uses Geforce cards, so might check with him for settings.

Amazing screenshots.

Re SMAA - which application are you using in FSX TuFun?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Don't want to divert thread from the great screenshots, but am interested in SMAA mentioned above.
    Would you be willing to start another thread on SMAA and indicate where to get current version, how to install, how to configure for FSX?
    (have done some Googling, their lingo hurts my pointy little head)

It's not by any chance the SMAA function via "SweetFX"?

I'm using SMAA setting thru RadeonPro for my ASUS EAH5850 DIRECTCU card. SweetFX is used for the color enhancements similar to Shade. Don't know if there is SMAA for Nvidia cards or Nvidia inspector has such settings.

Attachment 492

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    This scenery, and others from the same developer, now 50% off at SimMarket!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks for the hu Ferry! Downloading now.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Very impressive work!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi TuFun,

Try a helicopter flight around the Statue of Liberty at dusk, and see the all the tourists and the camera flashes going off.

Very impressed but a bit hard on the fps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    Hi TuFun,

Try a helicopter flight around the Statue of Liberty at dusk, and see the all the tourists and the camera flashes going off.

Very impressed but a bit hard on the fps though.
    Yep, I seen the camera flashes. Would be cool if there would be fireworks on the 4th of July.

Well I can't resist a sale, but at least on first try was quite disappointed with the performance.

I am running a Haswell i7 4770k o'clocked to 4.4 Hz with water cooling, SSD drives x 2 with a GTX 780 card and got +/- 15 fps but very choppy AND serious visual disruption from repeated low texture loading.

If this kind of system can't run it (HD for FSX loaded) what can??