Looking for a Native FsX aircraft? Start here! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Native FsX aircraft? Start here!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    This totally made my day ... until I loaded it and couldn't get it run. Noticed it had a panel.cfg missing - added one from another aircraft - so I could at least get the model to show in the menu - which it did ... but I couldn't see the plane in the previewer/hangar viewer ...

... and when I loaded the plane in the sim, it didn't show, either VC or spot view.

Re-ran the DX10 fixer, on FSX + Accell, to make sure.

Anyone else have issues with this?

Can't have too many lifting bodies ....

dl
    No panel.cfg ....no texture.cfg AND no model.cfg

I've put in all 3 and still it's invisible.
    My guess is it's an Area 51 'stealth'...

Next step is to have a closer look at all the graphic files...

Edit....flipped and switched the 'main.dds' to a triple 8 BMP and still no go.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for trying .... so sad ... wonder if this addon was supposed to be for FSX basic (not Accell???)

dl

It's been reposted today with missing files corrected.

File Description:
    The first M2-F1 I uploaded was missing some critical files. This one replaces it and is 100% complete. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please give it another try.

Here's a different sort of glider for you to try out! The NASA M2-F1 was a lightweight, unpowered prototype aircraft, developed to flight test the wingless lifting body concept. The "M" refers to "manned" and "F" refers to "flight". In 1962, NASA Dryden management approved a program to build a lightweight, unpowered lifting body prototype. It featured a plywood shell placed over a tubular steel frame crafted at Dryden. For more background info check Wikipedia!

Filename: m2-f1.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 24th September 2014, 09:17:32
    Downloads: 139
    Author: Dan Cowan
    Size: 659kb

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    File Description:
    The first M2-F1 I uploaded was missing some critical files. This one replaces it and is 100% complete. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please give it another try.

Here's a different sort of glider for you to try out! The NASA M2-F1 was a lightweight, unpowered prototype aircraft, developed to flight test the wingless lifting body concept. The "M" refers to "manned" and "F" refers to "flight". In 1962, NASA Dryden management approved a program to build a lightweight, unpowered lifting body prototype. It featured a plywood shell placed over a tubular steel frame crafted at Dryden. For more background info check Wikipedia!

Filename: m2-f1.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 24th September 2014, 09:17:32
    Downloads: 139
    Author: Dan Cowan
    Size: 659kb
    Nope...now has a 2D panel....but it's still seriously stealth...ie...invisible....

Alouette III

There is an Alouette III in the making, by MSK. But I'm not sure if this is a definitive project.
    Thread: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...ette-3.431494/
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Nope...now has a 2D panel....but it's still seriously stealth...ie...invisible....
    Odd, works for me. You using DX10?

Blog Entries
    I'm using DX10 ... maybe that's the problem (at least for me)

Odd, works for me. You using DX10?
    Nope....all I can think of is there's something in the ac.cfg or even panel.cfg that's breaking it [for me].
    I'll keep poking at it...

Blog Entries
    got it going ... restarted and reran DX10 fixer...

Well, it's basic ...

Pilot is roughly twice the size he should be, tires are more like casters than tyres (proportion-wise), and the textures have a funny see-through element - very likely due to DX10.

The instruments were a bit adapted from the actual one http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Pho...rge/E-9649.jpg, and there is no flare-rocket (that'd be cool, as I think Piglet's X-24a had a good rocket motor engine effect that could be scaled down and made to work).

FDE-wise ... hard to tell ... - did just one slew up to 9000'. At altitude, it seems to have more lift than I would have thought - but, feels about right at pre-flare. Again, it's a bit of a guess having only a couple of minutes to try.

Exterior textures, if transparency could be fixed, are not bad. VC textures are very rudimentary - don't know what if anything can be done.

All in all, I'm glad someone took a stab at the amazing lifting body model family. I'm stoked to try and port the X-24A (thought Laz did one a while back), and as far as this goes, was exposed to something called aerotow for the first time - looks like a cool find in its own right.

So thanks Mr. Cowan - a little gem in the rough, that wil likely get some good air time, and hopefully some tweaks as well.

dl

Over at Avsim - Bartel trainers.

Category: Flight Simulator X - Original Aircraft
    New! Bartel trainer aircraft package ZipDive! Download

File Description:
    The Bartel BM-4a,B M-4h and BM-5d trainers was a Polish biplane aircrafts. BM-4a was the first plane of Polish design put into production. Used from 1929 to 1939 by the Polish Air Force, manufactured in the Wielkopolska Aircraft Factory WWS "Samolot" in Poznan. All Bartel training aircrafts had very good handling, high stability and the total spin resistance, provide high security in primary training. Aircrafts constructed from wood, canvas and aluminum characterized by interchangeability of the upper and lower wings and the standardization of parts and materials.

Filename: bartel.zip
    License: Freeware, limited distribution
    Added: 28th October 2014, 12:33:51
    Downloads: 24
    Author: Rob Kowalski
    Size: 94252kb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bartel.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	14013

I get: 'A fatal error occurred', with all three planes!

I'm curious if other people get these planes working in FS.

Cees

412]Category: Flight Simulator X - Original Aircraft
    New! Bartel trainer aircraft package ZipDive! Download

File Description:
    The Bartel BM-4a,B M-4h and BM-5d trainers was a Polish biplane aircrafts. BM-4a was the first plane of Polish design put into production. Used from 1929 to 1939 by the Polish Air Force, manufactured in the Wielkopolska Aircraft Factory WWS "Samolot" in Poznan. All Bartel training aircrafts had very good handling, high stability and the total spin resistance, provide high security in primary training. Aircrafts constructed from wood, canvas and aluminum characterized by interchangeability of the upper and lower wings and the standardization of parts and materials.

Filename: bartel.zip
    License: Freeware, limited distribution
    Added: 28th October 2014, 12:33:51
    Downloads: 24
    Author: Rob Kowalski
    Size: 94252kb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bartel.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	14013[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Cees Donker;913416]I get: 'A fatal error occurred', with all three planes!

I had no problems, maybe something got scrambled in your download and try again.
    See it's on Simviation.com also if your retry from Avsim not successful.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    New! Bartel trainer aircraft package
    Thanks for the heads-up, added it to the list and started a seperate thread for it.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

[QUOTE=Paul Anderson;913424]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I get: 'A fatal error occurred', with all three planes!

I had no problems, maybe something got scrambled in your download and try again.
    See it's on Simviation.com also if your retry from Avsim not successful.
    I retried it from both sites with the same result.

Cees

I've browsed through the list for something else, but noticed that there never was a link for the 328.

https://code.google.com/p/fsx-dornier-328/

Also missing is the fokking Fokker.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-27-FSX-native
    (Me & Calclassic)

Both added; thanks Björn!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Blog Entries
    Rockwell Turbo Commander from me

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Ferry, on the payware list, the Allouette II of FSHeli.ch is missing .........

Thanks, I've updated the lists!

Hmm.. it's a pity FSHeli.ch don't update the model. It's looked very FS8 from the word go (especially the occupants)!!

Nice list Ferry Not that it matters much but I noticed while scrolling through that the Avro Lincoln is shown as being ex-Alphasim when it should be in the Virtavia section. It's close enough for folk to find it should they want it though

ATB
    DaveB

That was a bit of a problem, as all former Alphasim payware is now being sold as Virtavia, so I threw it all in under one name: Virtavia (Previously Alphasim). At Alphasim you'll only find: Alphasim: See Virtavia

That was the easiest and clearest solution for me.

I see what you mean mate but the Lincoln was never Alphasim.. it's the latest Virtavia model As I said though.. it doesn't really matter. It's but a scroll away
    ATB
    DaveB

Google Code is shutting down, so I've scheduled the 328's project page for deletion.

New Download (includes source files, so it's ~200MB):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Well, I've discovered this "P3D only" Icon A5 by Microsoft/Classic-Wings/Rara-Avis also works in FSX!

You just need to change a line in model.cfg like this:
    Code:
    [models]
    normal=A5
    interior=A5_interior_old
    In FSX/DX10 the cockpit shadows are not as nice as in P3D, but it's a fun little amphibious light-sport aircraft. Thanks Craig for backport from MS Flight.

Scenery: Freeware ORBX CBB7 Tipella (British Columbia, Canada)