Looking for a Native FsX aircraft? Start here! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a Native FsX aircraft? Start here!

Great stuff! The pilot looks a bit out of place if you ask me..
    Anneke

Thanks for the intel! I installed this one a couple days ago and everything was okay but for actrually showing up in fsX. This is the first "P3D only" gal I've installed and wasn't aware of the reason for being invisible That one tiny fix and she is all over the wee airport next to a big bay I call home -- Bowerman Field in Washington.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Graig sent me that model over a year ago to try out. At that time it was for FSX and worked perfectly except for the GPS display which wasn't interactive, otherwise it looked great in FSX. At that time he was unsure about releasing it due to it's connection with "Flight" and other entities so I kept it but never posted anything about it's possible release. Glad to see it's finally out there. Always liked that airplane and the "Flight" version is by far the best available. I guess the popularity of P3D and the latest upgrade prompted the P3D only version but now I guess I can have both, lol.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Great stuff! The pilot looks a bit out of place if you ask me..
    Wallace Breen from Half-life 2!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Wallace Breen from Half-life 2!
    Easily changed though with some minor retouching to remove the facial hair and darken the remaining hair. A change of clothing and some sun glasses and he looks more appropriate. You can also use a totally different face (younger).

Had some FPS issues with the Icon.
    Used DXTBMP to remove mips, any 32 bit 888 saved as DXT5.
    Same FPS as default C172 now.

P.S.
    No flaps modeled, commented out flaps section in aircraft.cfg.

Also changed eyepoint to prevent interior clipping looking left.
    eyepoint= 4.2, -1.0, 1.1 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

Livery 0 doesn't show, should be Livery_0.
    I see no visual difference between that and Livery_8, but that might be a difference between FSX DX9 and DX10, or FSX and P3d.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Easily changed though with some minor retouching to remove the facial hair and darken the remaining hair. A change of clothing and some sun glasses and he looks more appropriate. You can also use a totally different face (younger).
    No change of clothing yet but removing the facial hair and darkening makes quite a difference.

[QUOTE=Cees Donker;913532]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post

I retried it from both sites with the same result.

Cees
    Bartel BM-4/5 Training Aircraft Package
    I see it's up again at Avsim, different file size, maybe has been updated.

Also by same author, RWD-13, think I'll give that a look.

Edit: see both at Simviation too, there they have (upg) at end of description. Must mean upgraded.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I would like one or two volunteers to help, or possibly take over maintaining the spreadsheets. My work and personal life are taking up a lot of time, while my interest in things flightsim related is fading.
    Job requirements are a google account or Gmail address and a basic requirement of spreadsheets.

Anyone willing to help send me a PM.

If there are no takers I will unstick this thread and just let it fade away I guess.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 89