Kaman K-Max; K1200 Helicopter

Thread: Kaman K-Max; K1200 Helicopter

Kaman K-Max; K1200 Helicopter

I'm wondering if there's any interest.
    Considering the complexity, shape, and the fact it's a helicopter, I'm considering a personal challenge as a modeling project.

Is there anyone here who has full access to a Kaman K-max who could help out by taking pictures?

Please PM

A very unique and powerful helicopter.

Always liked this oddball machine, built for a purpose against all tradition, great visibility too.

I salute you in your endeavor to model this bad boy. It is a singular design, meant for lifting really.
    It is neat, and I love some Kaman designs. I don't know if I would rather see the Kmax or a totally different copter like a newer model Bell or even an old Bell like an AH-1G.
    But, I am sure there are a lot of references available for the Kmax. If I ever run across one I will help you out however I can.

Does this mean you are done with the Aeronca K ?

Best, Paul

I love the K-MAX !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    Does this mean you are done with the Aeronca K ?

Best, Paul
    I haven't touched the model in over three months due to work. Eventually as things slow I'll have more time. Right now, between work and things I've avoided around the homestead, it may be a while. I've several projects.
    The K1200 will be a down the road, ongoing thing after the Rearwin Speedster.

It has been a while.

As time allows I'll be getting back to my models.
    Audacity and I are going to work as team to build the sounds if I can figure it out.
    Sound is a little rough, but here's a start anyway. http://1drv.ms/ZMEnXL

» Laughing « » If I could just focus «
    Considering I just installed the latest P3D, I've only skimmed through it. Distractions are many. I just follow the bouncing ball. Hopefully soon things will settle so I can get back on track.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_1ruZWJigo

Smart phones are great. NOT!!

I figure since I'm away from my pc so much I should download Tom's tutorial to this frustrating device (smart phone) as reading material. Downloading them was fairly simple, finding them within the phone file structure, and moving them to a known place on this thing was almost as frustrating as why I downloaded them.
    This should be interesting trying to read the .pdf files on the tiny screen!!
    Last edited by OleBoy; October 22nd, 2014 at 07:50.

I've read entire books on my Samsung's tiny 3.7" screen. It's a bit hard at times, but you get used to it and it's much better to carry around than a tablet.
    My new Nokia has a 4.2" screen, so things got better. If only the PDF reader would show a bit more consitency in remembering at which page I was at...

I've got the Galaxy S5, which is 5.1" and that's small to me

Don't know if this is a help or not

Mike Stone did one for FS9 with no VC

and Lasse Lindh had one with a VC on the old swedebird site, you can find an archived copy here

http://web.archive.org/web/200601092...helo/index.htm

IIRC Oleboy started one about 5 years ago but I don't know what came of it

Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    Don't know if this is a help or not

Mike Stone did one for FS9 with no VC

and Lasse Lindh had one with a VC on the old swedebird site, you can find an archived copy here

http://web.archive.org/web/200601092...helo/index.htm

IIRC Oleboy started one about 5 years ago but I don't know what came of it
    Lasse Lindh looks of done several helicopters. The only one I was familiar with was the MASH. Sorry to read of his passing. He seemed to be heavily involved in flight simulation. It's such a loss when that happens.

It was not myself that started a kmax back then. At the time, I was intimidated just opening gmax!

Lasse was a great guy and good at heli design for his time. I flew his Kiowa quite a bit even though it was never fully done. I have/had some of his project files, including the Kmax in Gmax. Thought about trying to get it flying in FSX, but could never figure out the dual main rotor animations.
    I also had a friend that started one awhile back but never finished it. Would be cool to see one flying in FSX/P3D.
    Best, Michael

Modeling and animations I have sorted, and the graphics are no issue. Mapping currently, that's a WIP that I hope to get sorted. The programming, I'm not doing. Someone will need to volunteer their time for the project before it made an appearance, unfortunately. I'm content if there is no logic coded.

I've thought perhaps about a team of people with different skills, to build models for fun, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore without the team coming apart at the seams, at some point.