Texture Max Load Editor Program

Thread: Texture Max Load Editor Program

Texture Max Load Editor Program

Try this great program,written by Steve Frost..Written a while back but still works great!

TEXTURE MAX LOAD EDITOR

"TMLE was designed to make the use of High Definition and Super High Definition textures easier. By default, FSX's maximum texture resolution is set to the 1024 x 1024 scale. TMLE can modify this to 2048 x 2048, and even 4096 x 4096, allowing you to take full advantage of HD textures. Once you set your texture scale, FSX will not change it! TMLE is not available in very many places these days, as the original Frosty Software website is no longer active."
    No more updates but the program works great! Runs in the background with no issues...

Steve gave permission to download this program from Simviation...
    Here is the link:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...ditor&x=9&y=13

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I don't understand why that's needed... you just open the fsx.cfg in notepad and change that one line... its a no brainer?

When you change graphics settings in FSX your Texture Max Load setting in FSX .cfg has a tendency to change back to 1024..
    Check it out in your .cfg

This program will stop that from happening
    Rick

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Searched it for a while---thank you,Rick.
    Mike

By golly, you're right. That nasty FSX changed my Texture Max Load setting back to 1024.

Thanks for the HU, Rick.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

if you have any one of fsdt's scenery installed, it will automatically save the entry to 4096 (or whatever setting).

I used that program early on and appreciated it, then realized there were other settings being reset to default like lod_radius and some graphics details.
    There was talk of a lod_radius preserving program, but believe it never got finished.
    When I have my fsx.cfg tweaked to my liking, I copy it to the flight simulator x files folder (where the flights are saved).
    It not only serves as a backup, but after making making changes in sim I can reload config from there if results not as anticipated.
    Not sure what fsx picks and chooses to load from it (don't think it's documented anywhere).
    Too bad there isn't a program that you can enter your 'do not change' fsx.cfg entries into to keep them intact. (blatant hint/plea to fsx programmers)

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Searched it for a while---thank you,Rick.
    Mike
    You are quite welcome!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    I used that program early on and appreciated it, then realized there were other settings being reset to default like lod_radius and some graphics details.
    There was talk of a lod_radius preserving program, but believe it never got finished.
    When I have my fsx.cfg tweaked to my liking, I copy it to the flight simulator x files folder (where the flights are saved).
    It not only serves as a backup, but after making making changes in sim I can reload config from there if results not as anticipated.
    Not sure what fsx picks and chooses to load from it (don't think it's documented anywhere).
    Too bad there isn't a program that you can enter your 'do not change' fsx.cfg entries into to keep them intact. (blatant hint/plea to fsx programmers)
    ORBX-FSX-GO could be the program you are looking for:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=1139