Grumman F7F Tigercat by Milton Shupe

Thread: Grumman F7F Tigercat by Milton Shupe

Grumman F7F Tigercat by Milton Shupe

Hello People,

Am I correct when I think that someone ported over the magnificent Grumman F7F Tigercat by Milton Shupe to FSX?

I've searched the library, but cannot find it in the US planes section.

Could anyone point it out to me please?

Thanks in advance,

Dumonceau

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-F7F-Tigercat Pay attention to post #7, and the readme in the download...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...n-F7F-Tigercat Pay attention to post #7, and the readme in the download...Don
    Thx Don!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Hello People,

Am I correct when I think that someone ported over the magnificent Grumman F7F Tigercat by Milton Shupe to FSX?

I've searched the library, but cannot find it in the US planes section.

Could anyone point it out to me please?

Thanks in advance,

Dumonceau
    I will be revisiting the F7F very soon for a complete redo except the exterior model. When done, I have several people interested in converting it to FSX Native. Meanwhile, if you want to download one just pay attn to the readme for FSX.

For the F7F-3, get the Jan 18th version and the Required Update dated Feb 5th on page 3 of this link.
    For the F7F-1, get the file dated March 10th.
    Remove the aforementioned gauges.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&page=3
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thx Milton! Now I have them all!!

Regards,

Dumonceau

Blog Entries
    Just revisiting this lovely old lady ...

Wondering if anyone has managed to get the smoked/almost opaque canopy textures (both from VC looking out and spot view looking in) sorted in DX10. I've run the fixer, but somehow the textures didn't get converted.

Thanks - still a great model for a WIP ...

dl

same as with the beautiful Bearcat...grey glass
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    same as with the beautiful Bearcat...grey glass
    Milton and I worked on the F-8 Bearcat before the 2014 RTW Race to update the VC and make a few minor changes elsewhere. As you've found, the canopy glass was dark/actually opaque if I remember right at night when you turned the panel lights on. While most canopy/VC glass has it's own texture, the one for the F-8 is a small, almost minute square on the same texture as the fuselage if I remember right. It took a fair amount of trial and error to finally pinpoint the small square but if anyone is having a problem with the canopy glass. . .look closely at that texture. . .it's in there.

Falcon - I appreciate that, unfortunately I am not versed in the area of texture manipulation...I have tried using the tutorials and most touted freeware programs for the purpose but so far I am unable to make
    heads or tails of it. It remains sorcery and wizardcraft as far as I'm concerned....sadly.

If there is an adjusted texture file that allows the Bearcat to work in FSX DX10 Fixer mode I will happily download it - aside that it remains unusable for me...same as the Ti'cat ...

and these are very important Grumman airframes IMO
    enter..the Sandman

Falcon - I appreciate that, unfortunately I am not versed in the area of texture manipulation...I have tried using the tutorials and most touted freeware programs for the purpose but so far I am unable to make
    heads or tails of it. It remains sorcery and wizardcraft as far as I'm concerned....sadly. . . . . . .
    You might try the F-8 Bearcat uploaded by Milton last year. It should be in the SOH downloads section and would be the latest and greatest version. It contains all the changes/corrections we made prior to the Race and will have the canopy glass fix included.

this is the one I tried - but if there was a texture replacement for the glass, I could not 'see' it
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=f8f-2xmod.zip
    enter..the Sandman

this is the one I tried - but if there was a texture replacement for the glass, I could not 'see' it
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=f8f-2xmod.zip
    Checking it now. . .I'll get back to you in a bit.

Try this texture:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Checking it now. . .I'll get back to you in a bit.

Try this texture:

that took care of it! - thank you very much
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Just revisiting this lovely old lady ...

Wondering if anyone has managed to get the smoked/almost opaque canopy textures (both from VC looking out and spot view looking in) sorted in DX10. I've run the fixer, but somehow the textures didn't get converted.

Thanks - still a great model for a WIP ...

dl
    Try this one ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Thanks Milton and Ed - works like a charm.

Any chance she'll get ported over fully? Gorgeous model!

dl

dl
    I second that request!!

Johan

Also looking forward to this late 40's Grumman twin from the Shupe & Co Ironworks !

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=MALLARD
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

dl
    Thanks DL et al. My intention was to revisit the F7F-1, -3 single and 2-seater, and 3N to finish them off properly. These models were done back in late 2011 for the 2012 RTWR and the VC was "thrown together", mapping was quick and dirty.

These models are great otherwise but need some TLC to finish them off properly before any FSX native conversion.

Unfortunately we had a setback for 18 months that held up everything. Now I am sitting with 4-Harpoons, 3-Lodestars and a Vega Ventura, a Grumman Mallard, 2-Fleet 50 (3 models each), and the Aero Commander 680S awaiting textures and interior treatment.

With HMS Bounty now out the door (final release this week), we will be back on the Harpoons to wrap them up. Unfortunately there are simply not enough quality texture artists interested in doing FS9 aircraft these days so we will just have to muddle through the process one at a time.

EDIT: I have been chomping at the bit to get after the A-20 Havoc for over a year now but as you can see, that simply is not possible now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    No worries - and thanks for the reply Milt.

Knowing it's somewhere on your radar, even if way far back, it comfort that maybe an FSX model could materialize. Are the FSX Grumman "Stoofs" anywhere on the list?

dl

No worries - and thanks for the reply Milt.

Knowing it's somewhere on your radar, even if way far back, it comfort that maybe an FSX model could materialize. Are the FSX Grumman "Stoofs" anywhere on the list?

dl
    Euroastar350 converted a few of the S2F's: here is the S2F-1: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=85127

Here is the S2F-3: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=69546

Don't be confused by the fact they do not acknowledge the original designers in the description. :-/

I think he is working on the C1A now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm, unsettling, disappointed, I guess that credit appears to not have been given - maybe there's more to it - probably not the place for it here. I think I'll just avoid the topic altogether.

In any event, thanks for confirming the F7F information - good luck on the ongoing projects - and thanks again for all the gifts of your work.

dl