C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team
Page 1 of 20 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team

C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team

Thanks to ******** for the announcement the "reloaded" Dak is here... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=34&id=17656

I am so looking forward to getting the aircraft, repaints and engine sounds all together and do some flying!!

Thanks to all involved.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks to all involved people - outstanding and breathtaking work gentleman. This plane is simply a "masterpiece"

With kindest regards

Dirk

Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks

To all the people involved in this awesome project.

I hope my extra thanks makes up for those people who couldn't bothered saying thank you . Come on people, if someone can spend umpteen hours working on a freeware project the least you can do is spend 30 seconds to shoot them a thank you.

I've been installing a lot of addons this week, including a full install of FS Global Ultimate, all 125Gb of it.

Thought I would maybe have a break from the sim for a few days... but then I saw the C-47 is out! Check Supercheap Auto Catalogue and Spotlight Catalogue.

Can't wait to take to the skies again now... congratulations Manfred and team for another classic.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Downloading everything now :salute:. Hoping for other versions of the DC-3 to follow eventually. Especially the Viewmaster

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Icon5

Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. These releases are truly works of art. They will bring the sim community many hours of enjoyment. And the
    add ons that follow can only add to that enjoyment. Thank you for your dedication and perseverance in completing these beautiful aircraft. Thank You !!!!!!!!

Superb , looking forward to this <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sweet, sweet, sweet ! You guys are awesome.

Just about to install. I am not waiting for anything else. This in itself is an awesome gift!
    Thank You!
    Thank You!
    Thank You!
    Thank You!
    Thank You!
    :salute:
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Hey all, just downloaded the C-47 base pack, repaints and sound pack. Installed into FSX about 3 times, but for some reason it won't show in the aircraft menu. I assume I have done something wrong, but is there anyone who is having the same issue?

Sorry to be a downer here. :isadizzy:

Cheers,
    Sylvan
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!"

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanriv View Post
    Hey all, just downloaded the C-47 base pack, repaints and sound pack. Installed into FSX about 3 times, but for some reason it won't show in the aircraft menu. I assume I have done something wrong, but is there anyone who is having the same issue?

Sorry to be a downer here. :isadizzy:

Cheers,
    Sylvan
    Here's what I would do. Install the c-47 base pack only. Do not install any other paks. Then test in FSX. If it's fine, install one of the other paks and test again.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Ok.. had a really short spin.. I should be sleeping now.

Installed everything, the sounds, the v2 paints and higher res spec maps... wow.. it looks insane! those bump maps! :salute:

Just a quick shot.. will make some more tomorrow!

Here's what I would do. Install the c-47 base pack only. Do not install any other paks. Then test in FSX. If it's fine, install one of the other paks and test again.
    Tried it, and it worked! Then installed the paints and everything is looking wonderful! Thank you so so very much!!!!

-Sylvan
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!"

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanriv View Post
    Tried it, and it worked! Then installed the paints and everything is looking wonderful! Thank you so so very much!!!!

-Sylvan
    Glad you got the install squared away Sylvan. We'll be watching the thread and try to cover the support issues if and when they arise.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Yummy. Thank you, Gitmo and Corpus and Lack-Land/Randolph are gonna get a work out:salute:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

As someone already said, this is truly a work of art. I have it installedran it in FSX and all is working beautifully!! Thank you!!
    I haven't found the livery pack yet as all I have is the EATS textures that came with the base pack. The cockpit is too clean, it looks awesome mind you, good job. Are the two inerior texture packs that I downloaded with the C-117d compatible?
    Looks like all my future flying will be done in Basler's, C-117D's and C-47's! Thank you MJ, Gman, TuFun, JanKees and Racheal and whoever else is on that team, incredible work!

Yeah....just INSANELY GREAT! Thank you all!

Kent

Most have said it already, But I would like to extend my gratitude to Manfred and everyone else involved with this work of art .... Cheers ! Mike :ernae:

Outstanding news, d/ling now!
    THANK YOU for the gift, it is most appreciated!!!
    Best, Michael

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    As someone already said, this is truly a work of art. I have it installedran it in FSX and all is working beautifully!! Thank you!!
    I haven't found the livery pack yet as all I have is the EATS textures that came with the base pack. The cockpit is too clean, it looks awesome mind you, good job. Are the two inerior texture packs that I downloaded with the C-117d compatible?
    Looks like all my future flying will be done in Basler's, C-117D's and C-47's! Thank you MJ, Gman, TuFun, JanKees and Racheal and whoever else is on that team, incredible work!
    Alky...here's the link to the C-47 Texture Basepak.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=17613

The basic cockpit textures are the same for the DAK and C-117, but the charts are specific for each plane. Go get the skins for the DAK. :salute:
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Absolutely brilliant , the engine startup , Thank-you very much and the sound package with <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Feels big and ponderous, yet well behaved. Took a few flights out of E78, with successful landings. Should have tried a larger runway, but I've been flying from Riverside, to San Diego, and across the southern border. While at E78, up pulls this C-47. The guy says, "Want to do some T & G's. I couldn't say 'No'.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

TO ALL INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS WONDERFUL GIFT, A VERY BIG THANK YOU INDEED.:salute::salute::salute:

A huge thank you to the entire team for this outstanding plane.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)