FSX Douglas C-47 V2.zip

Thread: FSX Douglas C-47 V2.zip

FSX Douglas C-47 V2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX American Aircraft

Description: This is a re-worked version of our 2011 FSX C-47 Skytrain. The new models feature a modern VC, a realistic slow radial engine start, a paratrooper/cargo drop door, a Control Panel, a fuel and payload manager, failure conditions, improved engine textures, and new cameraviews focusing on props and engines. Sound is aliased to the default DC-3. Three Expansion Packs will become available separately from Sim-Outhouse, including a custom sound set by Ted "Tufun" Wolfgang, and a paintkit and two weathered VC texture sets by Gordon "Gman" Madison. Earlier paints need to be adjusted to catch the new nose and engine mappings (conversion kit included in this basepack). Models by Manfred Jahn, flight dynamics by Alexander M. Metzger, gauges, animations, and failure conditions by Hansjoerg Naegele. Startup smoke effect by Ted Wolfgang.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX Douglas C-47 V2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Blog Entries
    Good working with you sir. :salute:
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Great looking airplane! :salute:Thanks... However it won't start.
    I printed out the Engine Start Procedure and followed it to a tee, but the engines still won't start.
    Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alan

FSX/Acceleration
    Win 7
    64 bit

2wheelsup, did you get better at starting by now?

Since yesterday I actuall manage to get her going on the first try, but it took me about a dozen attempts to get there.
    - I use the VC views that show me the right/left engines, together with the engine panel (Shift-3) so I don't have to hunt around for switches all the time
    - Prepare airplane, following the checklist: parking brakes set, turn on battery, set throttles to 10%, Mixtures to Auto Rich (about 82%), Props full forward, strobes on
    - Right engine first: check any related systems off (ignition, fuel pump, carb heat, primer, starter, generator) - now the following steps should be done in quick succession because waiting too long with the fuel pump running will flood your carburator *
    1. switch fuel pump on
    2. prime for five seconds (might be optional, but didn't hurt so far)
    3. press starter button, count nine blades turning through (three engine revolutions) **
    4. set ignition to both
    5. with luck, engine might start to fire - if not hit the starter again until it does
    6. prime it for a couple of seconds, until the RPM is safely rising through 600 or so
    7. turn on generator
    8. in a small plane you would now turn off the boost pump, to make sure the mechanical one is working properly - the boost pump gets turned on again after runup, for takeoff. Don't know about the C-47 though, have to read a real PoH yet
    - Repeat same for left engine

(*) If that happens, turn pump off and open the throttle for that engine for a handful of seconds, then start over. If you move the mouse over the starter field in the Shift-3 dialog, the mouseover gives you a hint of the state of affairs...

(**) It should be noted here that I changed the starter torque in the aircraft.cfg to 1.50 from the original 2.00, so that it turns the engine a little slower, looking more realistic (not that I've seen a real C-47) and making it easier to count the prop blades as they get turned through.

I have two more general questions:
    - Is there a way to get a 2D popup panel of the Garmins? Or could this be added?
    - I installed the VC repaints that are available in the add-ons section, and the definitively improve the somewhat sterile look of the original - but would it be possible to get higher-resolution panels? Especially the overhead ones are a bit rough..

Having said that: This plane is astonishing! Thanks to all involved for making this available, it is a lot of fun to fly, although if I were you I'd bundle it with the TW sound package from the start - the default sounds just suck in comparison

Now, another Buffalo Airways livery (http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6158/...d1f5dbe183.jpg), and maybe a civilian DC-3 version, and I would be ecstatic
    In the meantime, here are two nice shots of the C-47:

Yes, I did get er going. Awesome plane.

Thanks,
    Alan