MJ C-47 Texture Basepak.zip

Thread: MJ C-47 Texture Basepak.zip

Blog Entries

MJ C-47 Texture Basepak.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Skins

Description: Application: FSX Douglas_C-47_V2 by Manfred Jahn and team.

Included: A collection of nine 2048 x 2048 hand detailed textures for Manfred Jahn's magnificent Douglas C-47 V.2 FSX Native freeware. Two cockpit variants are included. One represents a modern cockpit with light use. The second cockpit maintains the modern layout, but shows the wear we associate with the DAK.

Copy the included texture folders to your installed Douglas_C-47_V2 file.

Default Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

IMPORTANT !!!

Copy and paste the texture.clean and texture.weather files into the same Douglas_C-47_V2 folder. These files containe the specific spec, bump, reflective and detail files for the clean or weathered looks. These fines can be interchanged for a customization of your individual skins.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MJ C-47 Texture Basepak.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I'm a bit clueless, but how do we opt for the weathered textures? Do we copy the files from the weathered folder into the texture folder of the plane we want to have a weathered cockpit?

EDIT: wait, I think I've figured it out. I just open the texture.cfg in whichever texture folder I want and change the fallback texture 1 to read "texture.weathered" instead of "texture" or "texture.clean". Is that right?

Thanks for these fantastic skins for such a fantastic plane, by the way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    I'm a bit clueless, but how do we opt for the weathered textures? Do we copy the files from the weathered folder into the texture folder of the plane we want to have a weathered cockpit?

EDIT: wait, I think I've figured it out. I just open the texture.cfg in whichever texture folder I want and change the fallback texture 1 to read "texture.weathered" instead of "texture" or "texture.clean". Is that right?

Thanks for these fantastic skins for such a fantastic plane, by the way.
    You got it right. No need to move anything in the texture folders around.
    Just change the alias to texture (the default super clean version), texture.weathered or texture.clean.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Great. Thanks. What a lovely, lovely bird. I almost never fly outside the VC, but this one is just so lovely to look at, that I've spent about half my flight time so far rotating around her from the outside. Excellent work!

Blog Entries
    As I rule of thumb I always try to fly from inside the cockpit. It's easier to reach the controls and the wings are very slippery.

Glad you got sorted out. She's too pretty to spend all your time inside so enjoy your outside views. :salute:
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit