IRIS A-10 pilot
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRIS A-10 pilot

IRIS A-10 pilot

Ok.....going to try this again here because I've yet to get a response from IRIS. Can someone tell me how to make the pilot disappear on the ground....short of photo editing. I know its possible because I have screenshots I took without a pilot. I also believe wheel chocks go into place. I know how to make the boarding ladder open.

To make the pilot disappear: FSX Payload manager - set pilot weight to zero. (Quick Start Guide page 5)

To hide the pilot legs in the VC: Radar Homing And Warning System (RHAW) control panel - T button: Left click to hide the pilots legs. Right click to bring them back into view. (Quick Start Guide page 7)
    The devs do write those manuals for a reason you know

I went through the manual and didn't see it....sorry. No need to be a wise ass.

Thanks for raising the question, Skyhawk.

I recently purchased their A.D.F. and couldn't figure out how to remove the pilot from the external view. Now I know.

I couldn't remember how to remove the pilot's legs, either. I did find it in the manual on page 47 as part of the RHAW.

Memory ain't so good. Gotta remind myself to make notes, only I forgot where I put the paper and pencil. :salute:
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

Memory ain't so good. Gotta remind myself to make notes, only I forgot where I put the paper and pencil. :salute:
    I'm in the same boat. :salute:

Always so much nicer when the developer makes it possible to remove the pilot......at least for me it is.

Thank you hschuit for providing the answer to the question in a very easy to understand and useful manner. I didn't find it condescending at all. Perhaps "wise ass" is a term of endearment, I hope it is because I don't think it's polite to flame someone who provides the help you're asking for.

Taff.
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Thank you hschuit for providing the answer to the question in a very easy to understand and useful manner. I didn't find it condescending at all. Perhaps "wise ass" is a term of endearment, I hope it is because I don't think it's polite to flame someone who provides the help you're asking for.

Taff.
    There was no need for this comment......"The devs do write those manuals for a reason you know"

He knew exactly how he meant it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Always so much nicer when the developer makes it possible to remove the pilot......at least for me it is.

Is that a "Willow Grove" Jet?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

One of my favorite addon aircraft for FSX ... so well done! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Is that a "Willow Grove" Jet?

Yes sir it is, a unit that is close to my heart. My friend of mine did the artwork on the real bird.

The A-10, the beauty thatll whip your butt if you treat her wrong

Yes sir it is, a unit that is close to my heart. My friend of mine did the artwork on the real bird.

Cool, they were at Al Jaber (Kuwait) the same time our 16's were there. Somewhere I have a picture of me standing next to one of them (had to jump out of the truck real fast, have my buddy shoot one, then I got one of him and we jumped back in the truck, lol). My friend, who is now retired, is originally from Philly. . .me from South Jersey. . .so we had to get the shots, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

My best friend was a weapons guy for the squadron. He has been there a few times himself.....and knowing him....he got shots of your aircraft...lol......I trained him well. We are both big time aviation photographers and I actually talked him into joining the guard which he is in the next couple years will hit 20. Wish I could have done the same but health prevented that.

I am toying with doing a couple more paints together for the PANG and possibly sending out to close friends and such.

Teeny weeny hijack...

Hear the story about the test of a B-1 Lancer dropping bombs on moving ships, as a possible deterrent against pirates? I think the 'Hog would be a much better solution than the Lancer; more firepower that's better directed, can take hits from small arms, and can stray far from the Warthog Pen if need be.

Just a thought...

Attachment 93766

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Teeny weeny hijack...

Hear the story about the test of a B-1 Lancer dropping bombs on moving ships, as a possible deterrent against pirates? I think the 'Hog would be a much better solution than the Lancer; more firepower that's better directed, can take hits from small arms, and can stray far from the Warthog Pen if need be.

Just a thought...

Attachment 93766

Yep....saw an image of that. With the A-10 looking to be on the chopping block my guess is that's the USAF trying to justify the A-10 cut.

Blog Entries
    Every A-10 pilot I have ever spoken with says it is still one of the top battlefield weapons systems to be dealt with...sure would like to see a more realistically dirty cockpit.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I'm in the same boat. :salute:
    Part of my problem is that there are so many great factoids to record from everyone in our respective circles. A scrap of paper here, a jot of a note here, and pretty soon it's looking like a bookkeeper's
    receipt box at tax time! I need to do a mass organization of all my notes into a binder, properly cataloged so that when I decide to fly a particular aircraft, they are there. Fortunately, we have a
    pretty good roster of folks that have longer memories than those of us who don't!!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Teeny weeny hijack...

Just a thought...

Attachment 93766
    In Tom Clancy's RED STORM RISING, they used A-10's using Mavericks as anti-ship platforms. Gotta reread that soon.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    In Tom Clancy's RED STORM RISING, they used A-10's using Mavericks as anti-ship platforms. Gotta reread that soon.

When deployed to the Gulf we used the same Mavericks on our P-3's for the exact same mission. I never thought I'd see the day as a aircrew Ordy that I would be loading Mav's on a P-3.

I'm looking for the Iris A-10 HD paintkit!

Available???

Thank you!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    I'm looking for the Iris A-10 HD paintkit!

Available???

Thank you!

Zsolt
    Typically paintkits are available for download from where you bought the aircraft.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Typically paintkits are available for download from where you bought the aircraft.
    :ernae:
    Yes, I know...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I don't think IRIS made the HD kit public instead they put out a lower res copy. they did this so that those they made painting deals with had the HD kit.....I may be mistaken. I have the grey HD kit but never got the green one.

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post

Taff.
    What he said! Really, folks! When someone answers a question with accurate information about the worst that should ever be done is read the data, get from it what helps you, and reply not at all. Again, that is the worst I think should be done.

Ken