S-100 Class Schnellboote.zip

Thread: S-100 Class Schnellboote.zip

Blog Entries

S-100 Class Schnellboote.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Ships

Description: The Schnellboote or more commonly E-boat or S-boat became the mainstay of the german navy during WWII. Over 293 S-boats were constructed and used not only by Germany but Spain, China, Denmark, Great Britain ( Post war ) and the USA ( also Post war ). Developed in the mid 1920s as anti submarine patrol boats and given the designation UZ, the S-boat went on to become one of the best and most feared of all small patrol craft. After the War, the S-boat was used extensively by the Danish Navy in the Balkan sea as a patrol craft where it was used for keeping tabs on Communist ships, and for covert operations.

This model is a facsimile of a late WWII S-100 class S-boat and has a top speed of 44 knots @ 1600 RPM. It is a beta release and therefore not complete. I am still developing the 2D panel for it and will be making corrections to a couple of small texture mapping issues. to enter the Wheelhouse from the bridge, simply press "A". Shift-A takes you back too the bridge.. A GPS is included to help you navigate. Pressing F-2 will put the boat into reverse, but coming out of reverse is a bit more complex as i havent solved that issue yet.. To exit reverse Press Ctl-F1 and wait for the boat to slow down, then move the throttle forward, pressing ctrl-F4 to rotate the props back to full position.. "E" opens the torpedo doors, but i havent animated the torpedo's yet. Ctrl-E starts the engines.

Have fun.. I hope you like it.

Pam

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit S-100 Class Schnellboote.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I'll test the reverse with my throttle as it's calibrated for reverse thru afterburner via FSUIPC. Any bugs will be posted on the club page.:salute:
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet