FSX native freeware Cessna 310Q released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSX native freeware Cessna 310Q released!

We're these two paints ever uploaded??
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    We're these two paints ever uploaded??
    Apparently not. I did a search for "mikew" in our downloads section and got two pages but the 310 wasn't in that group. I also checked Avsim and Flightsim.com, nothing there either. Too bad, those are really nice looking skins.

very nice model!:thumbup:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Does anyone know how to contact "mikew"? I PM'ed him but haven't gotten a reply and I'd like to track down the two liveries he posted pics of in this thread, as would several others. As mentioned, I have looked through SOH Downloads section and didn't locate them, also checked flightsim.com and Avsim to no avail. Any help in locating the liveries or getting in contact with Mike to see if he ever posted them would be appreciated.

Yeah... I'm here! I had some computer issues a while back and ended up building a new box. These paints are on a flash drive somewhere. I'll see if I can find them and package them up. Sorry for not uploading when I first did them but attention got focused elsewhere! Thanks for the comments and interest!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Yeah... I'm here! I had some computer issues a while back and ended up building a new box. These paints are on a flash drive somewhere. I'll see if I can find them and package them up. Sorry for not uploading when I first did them but attention got focused elsewhere! Thanks for the comments and interest!

Mike
    Wonderful Mike. Thanks for replying! Looking forward to doing some "Sky King" adventures, lol.

Ed you are a star to be so persevering - and Mike thanks for uploading these great paints. Do some more!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Am definitely looking forward to the Sky King paints, Mike. One of my favorite shows from my youth. Thank You for doing them and sharing them.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Yes - I too am checking to see if these have been posted - thanks!

Perhaps I should convert the "Q" to a "B".
    The early 310's look pretty cool I think.
    New fin, tip tanks, no rear window and the exhausts exiting above the wing.
    Any takers?
    I have never seen that TV show, it didn't came over here, but have heard a lot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Any takers?
    I have never seen that TV show, it didn't came over here, but have heard a lot about it.
    Rob, I'm sure that any additional versions of the Iconic Cessna 310 would be well received. I, for one, would look forward to any that you feel willing to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Yes - I too am checking to see if these have been posted - thanks!
    I'm hoping he's able to find them after all this time. He said they were on a thumbdrive somewhere, but they haven't been posted so that may not be a good sign.

Any takers?
    I'd be happy to take one, Sir - as you say, there are often significant changes over the life of a type and all too often it is the later models that developers focus on. It would sure be nice to have a 50s edition 310 if you we're inclined to produce one, Rob.

Well, Rob, that would be nothing short of outstanding. Absolutely have been beguiled by the lines of the older - any short nosed - 310. The long nosed ones (I have the Milviz) leave me cold and look like a different airplane. It - "feels good but just too ugly" - to fly (reminds one of .. lol). It stays in the hangar.

The "B" would be great of course.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N5WgUszzvi...Aircraft+4.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../9/2488979.jpg

The later Song Bird I think was a "D" which was a crossover in looks as it had the early rounded nose with swept rudder but older "tuna" tip tanks.

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwik...ngbird_III.jpg

http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...reg-eilers.jpg

Probably my personal favorites are ones with the aerodynamic tanks up to before they added the rear window and larger cabin, like the Dreamfleet "Charley Mike" 310L (my first payware ever).

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/previe...EAL/FLIGHT.jpg

http://www.check-6.com/gallery/img/g...10_jwilson.jpg

I can remember when the 310 first came out. The B model with the upright tail was my favorite back when I was a young cadet in the CAP.

Any takers?
    I'd love to see one of those Rob! I got my multi engine rating in one in 1976 when I had maybe 150 hours or so. I was sooooo far behind that thing with an image in my brain of hanging on to the yoke with my hands while my feet trailed out behind! Sky King I wasn't!

cheers,
    steve

Just found an episode of "Sky King" called "Sky Robbers"on "youtube"
    Worth a look for the formation of Grumman Cougars at a supposed air show.
    The 310 looks like a "B" to me, I could be wrong.
    That's the one I'll go for I think.

Just found an episode of "Sky King" called "Sky Robbers"on "youtube"
    Worth a look for the formation of Grumman Cougars at a supposed air show.
    The 310 looks like a "B" to me, I could be wrong.
    That's the one I'll go for I think.

Yes Rob, would love some more versions of the 310.

The Sky King show used two different aircraft. The original Song Bird was a Cessna T-50 Bobcat, (Kirby Grant's personal aircraft!) which was replaced by the Cessna 310B in 1956, when the T-50 became unsafe to fly. These two aircraft are reported to be the only aircraft used by the two fan sites for the Sky King series. However, one of the 2011 Oshkosh visiting aircraft was a restored 1960 C-310D, N6817T, serial #39117, painted as the Song Bird III, and stated to be the last aircraft used in the show. My memory is rather foggy, so I don't remember if there were two different 310s, though I do remember the T-50 as well as a 310. I was to young to notice the difference between a B and a D back then. Since the page that had most of the shows available for viewing some years ago has been taken down, we can't check them for sure. The entire series is now available for purchase from the website mentioned below. I was there in 2011 and got a couple photos of this plane. Here is a web page showing it. http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y-king#slide-5

Also, most sites say there were 136 shows filmed, with #73-136 being lost in a fire, Gloria Winters (Penny Marshall) and Ron Hagerthy (Clipper) both stated in 2008 that only 72 shows were filmed. http://skyking.com/
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thank you for all the photos, I've started converting my Cessna 310Q into the "B" model but there is quite a lot of work involved, could take a while.
    Any more information on the 310 used in that show would be gratefully received.

This is the only Cessna 310 I have flown in, so I would be happy to paint that one! September 19th 1973, Elstree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1081925F.jpg  

Here is a web site with some very useful comparison data on the different models:

https://www.twincessna.org/twin-cessna310.htm

Mike? Any luck finding the repaints?

Sorry, I've been working on a remodeling project on the house so flight simming has been low on the priority list. That being said, I did find the Sky King repaints. I only have the psd files so will have to get them ready for use in the sim. Please be patient just a little longer and I'll upload them.

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Sorry, I've been working on a remodeling project on the house so flight simming has been low on the priority list. That being said, I did find the Sky King repaints. I only have the psd files so will have to get them ready for use in the sim. Please be patient just a little longer and I'll upload them.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Sorry for bein' a pain. Glad you found them.