Ozx need help...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozx need help...

Ozx need help...

I know this may be in the wrong forum, but just read an email supposedly from Ozx forums, supposedly from JayKae, soliciting funds. Has anyone else received a similar email and if so is it legitimate? Or, has Ozx been hacked and this is the next Nigerian simmer scam waiting to happen.

Jaykae, if you're still around, please send me a PM discussing the email content.

Thanks in advance.

(edit admin: the veracity of the e-mail has now been ascertained.)
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I too, received the email mentioned, but did not open it yet. Will delete! NC

I opened but haven't go to either of the attached hyperlinks, which point to one of the sim web shops. Searching through here it appears as though JayKae hasn't posted since 2010.

Matt

I got one, too. It doesn't sound legit.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Why don't they ask Orbx !?
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

I just posted the question on their forums. Lets see if there is a response.
    -- WH

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I got the same email this morning but didn't click on the inserted link either,seems odd that JayKae would approach a situation like this in an email......OZx's servers may well have been hacked for all the registered users info.....I'll keep an eye on this thread for the response to warhorse's inquiry.

SOH-CM-2021
    It's a genuine request for help. It's on their forums, and there's a page at the shop where you can donate. I've done my bit to help out what I consider to be a very good site.

Dennis.

I sent an email to FlightSim Store to verify the account. Seems it is legit. Sent my small donation to help OZX.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Yep. It's legit. Donation sent. Hope it helps.

Should we make this a sticky??
    -- WH

I will send mine when I get home tonight. Thanks & apologies for the OT subject.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Yep. It's legit. Donation sent. Hope it helps.

Should we make this a sticky??
    Helping those in need is what SOH does. That means all flight simmers.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Made a donation as I use their image file linking facility. I hope JayKae gets another job soon.

Having verified the veracity of the e-mail I don't think it would harm to paste the contents of the e-mail here:

Dear Roger, I realise I asked you in May for a donation towards future bills of OZx and the response was amazing, the money collected from that will be able to pay for addons and the new server as it was needed but, there is a problem. Unfortunately I have lost my well paying job with a major IT company due to outsourcing, I and so many others with me were out on the street in less than 30 minutes on August 7th, 2013. I always have paid the main monthly fee for the high end server OZx runs on out of my own pocket but I cannot afford to do that as of next month, so rather than cutting it fine asking the community to help me out here just before money runs out, I am doing it early so I can guarantee OZx's future. This fee is $310USD and it will be unaffordable for me next month to be able to pay that. Even if you have a few bucks to spare, follow the link below to donate: http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=1332 That link will take you to the flightsimstore.com which is the site that takes care of all donations for OZx. I feel very awkward asking you for help but as said, to guarantee future operations of OZx it is a necessity. All money will remain in the account for use on OZx bills and costs for future purposes. That way I do not need to worry about OZx while I am looking for a new job Thank you for your attention to this email. If you feel this was a spam attempt, be assured it is not. With warm regards, Jay Kae OZx Admin
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Bad timing for me to help. But sure will donate if still needs help next month. I use their image host service as well and it´s a very good service. Wish him better days too :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I've had dozens of repaints (mostly Jankees) and some nice free scenery from OZx , so it's well worth a few Aussie dollars. Good luck!

Made my donation this morning. The least I could do.

Lucky OZ X so close , a warm breakfast on its way :birthday2<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Dear All,

Yes, it is legit, very much so, I thank you all for your donations and your kind and warm responses. This way I will not have to worry about OZx staying up and running while I look for another job!
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post
    Dear All,

Yes, it is legit, very much so, I thank you all for your donations and your kind and warm responses. This way I will not have to worry about OZx staying up and running while I look for another job!
    Ok mate, will donate later this day! And all the luck with finding another job. :salute:

Cheers,
    Hank

Thank you so much mate, it is very much appreciated
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Donated a bit. Even the excellent Goose HD Redux is worth the money alone, not mention all the nice sceneries. I hope JayKae finds a new job soon!

I have a lot that came from Ozx and a lot of Jankees repaints too! Donation done. Best wishes for an even better job.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

A day later than expected, sorry JayKae, but mission complete.

Please let us know the outcome.

Matt

Matt

I pondered on this a bit before deciding to donate a little...
    Valuable freeware site none of us should be letting go without a fight

Members who have read this thread: 0