Repaints of Gary Burns' Jeep
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repaints of Gary Burns' Jeep

Banned
    Blog Entries

Repaints of Gary Burns' Jeep

For the last few days, I have been mastering/learning paint.net from a dear friend and fellow SOH here and now I want to tease you with some of my first
    repaints of anything ever and show you what I have completed and can be available if that is if I can get permission from Gary Burns to upload my repaints.
    I have tried to contact him aka (Gary 20), I contacted ICKIE an Rami seeking help/permission to upload my repaints. I have contacted Mr Burns via PM here
    (don't have any other contact info) and not received any replys. There isn't any readme with email address or contact info in his basic Jeep file. So, I am just as anxious
    to share the fruits of my labor and you may be to enjoy them. I want to share something here that represents my first attempts at learning the art of repainting.
    Now there was no paint kit and the basic files would not allow me the extra detailed markings like I would of wanted to add.

So for now, all I can do is show you examples of what I have done and wish to upload to SOH. If you like these pictures and want the repaints, maybe you can join me and try to
    contact MR Gary Burns and tell him that I am seeking permission to upload my repaints.

I plan on doing a USAF version soon. Please don't PM me for a "BETA TEST" that has already been done.
    I need you to help (where in the world is Gary Burns) me so that I can share (upload) these with his permission.

Thank you and enjoy the pictures.

Cool. Have not heard from G. Burns in a long time.

Al Lee Jeep

Maybe this will help you. Quote: (In (General) section of aircraft cfg): 'CFS Jeep now in FS9. Original 3DS model by Al Lee, with complete re-do on FSDSv3.5 by Gary Burns (2007)'.

Also: 'I have extensively searched the internet for the original author of the 3DS file over a period of several months, but I still dont wish to be disrespectful, if you know of the original author of the 3DS model could you please contact me to advise. Best wishes, Gary20, Gary Burns.'

Perhaps you should look for Al Lee as he is the original modeler? Just my 2 cents. I don't think anyone would object to upload of repaints, as long as you state you TRIED to contact Al Lee or Gary Burns to obtain 'permission'.

By the way: it 'works' just as good in FSX Acceleration as in FS9. My 'forte' is vehicles. I have nice FDE's for this Willy's jeep.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Edit: Al Lee (2010) email: allee737 at hotmail dot com
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by napamule View Post
    I have nice FDE's for this Willy's jeep.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    If you wouldn't mind, like try out your FDE for GB Willy's Jeep. I have a serious of repaints myself, but never could get a hold of Gary. Will give AL Lee a call.

I will make a video of Butch's (FSX68), Jeeps over the weekend.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by napamule View Post
    Maybe this will help you. Quote: (In (General) section of aircraft cfg): 'CFS Jeep now in FS9. Original 3DS model by Al Lee, with complete re-do on FSDSv3.5 by Gary Burns (2007)'.

Also: 'I have extensively searched the internet for the original author of the 3DS file over a period of several months, but I still dont wish to be disrespectful, if you know of the original author of the 3DS model could you please contact me to advise. Best wishes, Gary20, Gary Burns.'

Perhaps you should look for Al Lee as he is the original modeler? Just my 2 cents. I don't think anyone would object to upload of repaints, as long as you state you TRIED to contact Al Lee or Gary Burns to obtain 'permission'.

By the way: it 'works' just as good in FSX Acceleration as in FS9. My 'forte' is vehicles. I have nice FDE's for this Willy's jeep.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    I would like a copy of your FDE as well Thanks
    :salute:

Blog Entries
    Will try later to get the repaints, as they show being invalid downloads.....
    I have also tried to get with Gary or Al for permission to post my repaints.....
    Never did hear back from them.....
    Watch in future for military repaints of the new jeep.....

Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    if that is if I can get permission from Gary Burns to upload my repaints.
    I have tried to contact him aka (Gary 20), I contacted ICKIE an Rami seeking help/permission to upload my repaints. I have contacted Mr Burns via PM here
    So for now, all I can do is show you examples of what I have done and wish to upload to SOH. If you like these pictures and want the repaints, maybe you can join me and try to
    contact MR Gary Burns and tell him that I am seeking permission to upload my repaints.
    I need you to help (where in the world is Gary Burns) me so that I can share (upload) these with his permission.
    Sorry FSX68
    I didnt realize I was a wanted man until I saw your post.
    No permission necessary on my part. Please modify as you wish.
    I still have the original 3ds files if anyone wanted to make improvements or additions.

Best wishes

gary

Quote Originally Posted by gary20 View Post
    Sorry FSX68
    I didnt realize I was a wanted man until I saw your post.
    I still have the original 3ds files if anyone wanted to make improvements or additions.

Best wishes

gary
    Hey Gary, we've been looking for you for awhile about the Jeep. Wish I knew how to use them (3ds)!

Follow Me Version...

Quote Originally Posted by gary20 View Post
    Best wishes
    gary
    How about a retro Follow Me version then? One variant which you can use to drive around in, and another one you can call up to actually guide you to a runway or a parking position (adding this as an option to the DvoFollowMe package). Here are two WIPs:

Do you have the source files Manfred? I did some repaints awhile back, but the mapping is an issue.

Yes I got the .3ds and am in the process of remapping.

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    How about a retro Follow Me version then? One variant which you can use to drive around in, and another one you can call up to actually guide you to a runway or a parking position (adding this as an option to the DvoFollowMe package). Here are two WIPs:

Cool idea! I'll race ya, LOL

Best, Michael

Helpity!! Wow that's a cool looking model. Tell us more ...

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Helpity!! Wow that's a cool looking model. Tell us more ...
    LOL, it's a scenery object for my upcoming Afrika Korps scenery. It's just under 9k of polys with one main texture. I do plane to put a figure it it and make it drivable to go along with the scenery. If you want to see more, I am about to update the scenery thread.

Look forward to your remap of gary's jeep, can never have enough jeeps IMO.
    Best, Michael

Ah, hadn't seen that thread and the vehicles in it. They look great - will they be driveable?

Noticed that windscreen swivel and radiator grills look a bit different in the screenies of the Jeeps shown here.

Piglet's Chevy would also fit the period nicely, wouldn't it?

I'm always fascinated how one does these things!

http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/mo...rt-1--cg-17309

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Cool idea! I'll race ya, LOL

Very nice, Who ever seen a nice clean Jeep on the front lines.....
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Clean Jeep

The war is over - or haven't you heard? I know Canada is in the boonies, but.. (ha).

A shiny Jeep is now possible, and is 'as real as it gets'. Don't touch it. Hands off. Scrape mud off your boots (in fact-remove them and put in this plastic bag). No smoking. No coffee.

We went 'the long way home' as the fields are being irrigated and the water (full of pesticides, etc) get on the road-I hate that. And, when we arrive, you need to help me with tarp to cover it. Boy is my new jeep tons of fun or what?
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Progress report... note grill, tire tread (painted), remap, specular shine, self-shadowing (DDS textures). Also got braking lights, and reverses nicely. Not yet finished though.

Blog Entries

Icon22 Bravo! but before you get too far...

it is a good time to correct the stenciled markings...
    Look at some photos of WW2 jeeps, tanks, etc. (for appropriate markings and lettering)
    Instead of using a "pres a porter" stencil font... create your own...
    it is really easy with the block lettering style used then...
    At any rate... first class rendering on this jeep... very nice job...
    G.

Great news, remapping the jeep will allow for great texturing.
    Funny thing, I also made a big load of new jeeps (static though) for a Solomon update :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7x.../Jeep-Series#/

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Sounds great Mark!I can't wait to hear more about the Solomon update, as it is my favorite scenery ever!I'm about to go hit Shortland in an F6F.

New tires, shine, and headlights. Now all is needed is Jeep sound! Hint, hint!

At the beginning of the video (Jeep) and at 11:09 (Jeep) sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCNAPhnmQ7A

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Great news, remapping the jeep will allow for great texturing.
    Funny thing, I also made a big load of new jeeps (static though) for a Solomon update :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7x.../Jeep-Series#/

Cheers,
    Mark
    Man, it's raining willys, LOL. Nice lineup Mark!!
    Appreciate the offer and right back at ya. Got some new Solomon area objects you might like including a couple of great japanese soldiers
    Best, Michael

Members who have read this thread: 1