Ambrosini SAI 207 and Caudron 714C1

Thread: Ambrosini SAI 207 and Caudron 714C1

Ambrosini SAI 207 and Caudron 714C1

Captains Itallo D'Attomo and Giovanni Quai authorizes JD Tinballs and me to convert their fine Ambrosini SAI 207, a beautiful light fighter. We already have two prototypes flying and could built three versions (one of the portraited planes flew with and without 20mm wing guns). Before retiring, Bismarck gave me a special version of his Caudron CR714C1 French fighter. The original plane, one of his first efforts, had some bad multilod feautures that he corrected at my model. Well, I'm no Leonardo da Vinci, but I did two repaints (Free Polish/French and Finn) that I think are small improvement over the original. I'll upload tem also and will ask Bismarck about their CR714 sources. With some modifications we could built the CR760 prototype, that used a Isotta Fraschinni Delta engine and was a terrific performer.

Cheers

Pepe

DauntlessDriver546
    That's a pretty slick little fighter ya got in mind there, pepe!

Slick and dangerous...

Quote Originally Posted by DauntlessDriver546 View Post
    That's a pretty slick little fighter ya got in mind there, pepe!
    And dangerous to fly. He is so slick that is almost impossible to decelerate it! But is fast (626KPH) and manoeuvrable. It's firepower is anemic with only two 12.7mm machine guns. The cannon armed version is heavier.

Pepe
    A site with some images:

http://www.giemmesesto.org/settori/a...207/SAI207.htm

She's a nice little plane. Thanks for the fine work Peperez. She'll look even better with a lick of new paint.

Jamie

Preparing packs

I'll upload them today.

Pepe

DauntlessDriver546
    Hmmmm... I will be wondering just how long I'll have to make my turn into final... what are the flaps like Pepe? Do they do their job pretty well?

Some SAI 207 secrets

Quote Originally Posted by DauntlessDriver546 View Post
    Hmmmm... I will be wondering just how long I'll have to make my turn into final... what are the flaps like Pepe? Do they do their job pretty well?
    You can use them to manoeuver and land (just one dot). Just land the plane as a jet, decelerating very far from the strip and managing engine and flaps as necessary to keep the plane at air. It's realistic. They were hard plane to recover from a dive...

Pepe

I just upload them

I hope you enjoy!

Pepe