Restauravia Mirage IIIC First Flight
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restauravia Mirage IIIC First Flight

Restauravia Mirage IIIC First Flight

This morning Restauravia have posted three images of their upcoming Mirage IIIC on the home page of their website. Looks like it will be configured with and without the SEPR 844 rocket engine.

And, they are showing some weapons. The missiles under the wing in the top image with the rocket engine running are the familiar Matra R530 and the centerline missile on the bottom image is the earlier Matra R511. The center image shows a pair of Matra JL-100 fuel tank/rocket launchers on the inner wing hard points.

My fingers are crossed for a variety of external tanks as with the Mirage IIIB and some Sidewinder and Matra Magics (on outward cranked rails) on the outer wing hard points.

Man, she looks beautiful.
    :ernae:

she certainly does!!!
    ooh, my favorite jet, just great
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks a lot for the update! Looks Gorgeous indeed. This SEPR 844 rocket engine is a terrific feature. (if performances follow)

Thanks for the update Frank! Time to get the IIIC. :salute:
    And I agree, hopefully getting the same fuel tank options as the IIIB aswell as different kind of missiles to use.

Cheers.
    Hank

Just fantastic news Frank ! Mike

It's time to take out the albums of Tanguy and Laverdure of the bookcase...

Attachment 90903

And replay some episodes...

This model is looking great.

I remember a show on TV about some Mirage pilots that I used to enjoy as a kid... what was the show actually called on English TV and is it available on DVD... I fancy a bit of nostalgia too

Matt

I see some more flying in the Swiss Alps soon!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post

I remember a show on TV about some Mirage pilots that I used to enjoy as a kid... what was the show actually called on English TV and is it available on DVD... I fancy a bit of nostalgia too

Matt
    "Fireball XL5", or am I getting confused?

Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post

Matt
    I remember that TV show, I used to love it as a kid, it was about two Mirage pilots. Was it a program made by a U.K TV company? Strange subject choice if it was. I have absolutely no idea what it was called though.

Ian.

Is this French TV show ?

<object height="480" width="640">

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/bggUq8xKxaw?hl=fr_FR&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="480" width="640"></object>

Chevaliers Du Ciel was the name of this French TV serie. 2 seasons were made.
    The English title was "The Aeronauts".
    The later movie (2005)with the same title, but flying M2000's is loosely based on the Comic books/TV series, whereas the 1967-1970 TV show was purely based on the comics.
    On the internet the serie is still available, 6 DVD's containing both made seasons, try Amazon.com.

Cheers,
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by Doumet57 View Post
    It's time to take out the albums of Tanguy and Laverdure of the bookcase...

And replay some episodes...
    They had these in my school's library. While everyone else was attending the "religion" class in fifth or sixth grade, I got to spend the time in the library reading these. It was awesome!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Chevaliers Du Ciel was the name of this French TV serie. 2 seasons were made.
    The English title was "The Aeronauts".
    The later movie (2005)with the same title, but flying M2000's is loosely based on the Comic books/TV series, whereas the 1967-1970 TV show was purely based on the comics.
    On the internet the serie is still available, 6 DVD's containing both made seasons, try Amazon.com.

Cheers,
    Hank
    Hello Hank,

I did try Amazon, and Google, but no yoy so far. Do you perhaps have a link where to buy the English edition?

Thanks.

The new one picture!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It's a shame that the Skysim Mirage IIIE is no longer available.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

Dave
    Every opportunity I get I suggest to Mark that it should be made available.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    http://mark-harper.co.uk/Mirage.htm

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    That page is at least two years old. The Mirage update (pretty far along at the time) was put on a back shelf when Mark got involved with the Aerosoft F-14 project.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    That's a shame... Well at least there's a free IIIC in the works!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    That's a shame... Well at least there's a free IIIC in the works!
    Yep. And it's a very nice one. Here's hoping they'll do a IIIE down the road as well.

I'm really looking forward to the Restauravia Mirage IIIC, especially as I have found it impossible to reinstall my legally bought copy of the Skysim Mirage. The complexity of the reinstall procedure has defeated me despite the best efforts of Flight1.

Mirage IIIc and maybe r

You can find somes news of the mirage IIIc on http://www.Pilote-Virtuel.com/ but also of a the F8-E crusader of the Royal French Navy with somes pictures of the cockpict.... A Very good work

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Restauravia Mirage IIIC, especially as I have found it impossible to reinstall my legally bought copy of the Skysim Mirage. The complexity of the reinstall procedure has defeated me despite the best efforts of Flight1.
    It should be very easy. PM me and lets go over it. If necessary we can get Mark in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by georges-andre View Post
    You can find somes news of the mirage IIIc on http://www.Pilote-Virtuel.com/ but also of a the F8-E crusader of the Royal French Navy with somes pictures of the cockpict.... A Very good work
    Ok, but directly where? Cant find it and cant wait for the new III of Restauravia great Team!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro