Luscombe N71633...

Thread: Luscombe N71633...

Luscombe N71633...

....at Greenville, Alabama, circa 1978.

RD

Hello,

I like this scenery with the Luscombe. Thank for shearing this screenshot with us.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

This must bring back a lot of good memories for you Randy. Ain't it great when we at least can recreate some of them in our virtual world?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    This must bring back a lot of good memories for you Randy. Ain't it great when we at least can recreate some of them in our virtual world?
    It surely does...my grown son was only about 3 years old then. The Luscombe was capable of handling simple airbatics. Thanks to Full's(Craig) update of Bill Lyons Luscombe, I can relive some of those memories.

Benoit, I'm glad you liked the screen shot.

RD

My Old Luscombe

My '46 8A Luscombe "rag wing" registration number was: N71738. What a great time we had together while I was building up time way back in '56 - '57....:salute:......

SBP/aka papaecho715.
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    My '46 8A Luscombe "rag wing" registration number was: N71738. What a great time we had together while I was building up time way back in '56 - '57....:salute:......SBP/aka papaecho715.
    Mine was a 8A ragwing also. Continental 65 hp with the old "armstrong" starter. I really hated that I had to sell it. Unfortunately, the last owners totalled it in a ground accident. Injuries were serious but not life threatening as best I can find out.

Attached is another WIP of Greenville. I plan to send it to a friend for "beta" testing. I will then decide, based upon interest in the scenery, whether to upload it or just send it via e-mail to those requesting a copy.

Stay tuned.

RD

Blog Entries
    Nice screens their Randy.....

Back in the hanger after an enjoyable flight.

RD

Luscombe 8A

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Mine was a 8A ragwing also. Continental 65 hp with the old "armstrong" starter. I really hated that I had to sell it. Unfortunately, the last owners totalled it in a ground accident. Injuries were serious but not life threatening as best I can find out.

Attached is another WIP of Greenville. I plan to send it to a friend for "beta" testing. I will then decide, based upon interest in the scenery, whether to upload it or just send it via e-mail to those requesting a copy.

Stay tuned.

RD
    Yep, mine had the C65 and the "armstrong" starter, too. If I was alone for the days flight I'd keep the tail wheel tied down while engaging that type of starter and insure the throttle was cracked just a very small bit. She was bare metal with blue trim. She could be unforgiving at slower air speeds, (start of t/o roll and landing roll out) with the high and narrow gear placement if one was not very rudder petal active. N71738 had been ground looped and over on her top side but restored to airworthy status. That's how I bought her for the good price of $1000 back in 1956.

SBP/aka papaecho715
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    Yep, mine had the C65 and the "armstrong" starter, too. If I was alone for the days flight I'd keep the tail wheel tied down while engaging that type of starter and insure the throttle was cracked just a very small bit. She was bare metal with blue trim. She could be unforgiving at slower air speeds, (start of t/o roll and landing roll out) with the high and narrow gear placement if one was not very rudder petal active. N71738 had been ground looped and over on her top side but restored to airworthy status. That's how I bought her for the good price of $1000 back in 1956. SBP/aka papaecho715
    The CFII who checked me out in mine told me that you don't quit flying a Luscombe until the engine is shut down and the chocks are in place.
    I believed him. Managed to never ground loop it. Some really great memories. I only paid $4000.00 for mine in 1978.

RD

Obie311 explained to me why you can't have a retro airport scenery without a retro looking fuel station....Well....it just don't look right with a modern fuel pump.

RD

Great shots RD. The field is looking great. Thanks for posting the pics.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Great shots RD. The field is looking great. Thanks for posting the pics.:salute:
    Thank you. Here's a wide angle shot. Sorry for its quality but I don't have one of those photo accounts to link you'll to so you can see the original.

RD