B-24 texture

Thread: B-24 texture

Hybrid View

B-24 texture

I was surfing various websites devoted to FS2004 the other nite and saw a texture for the Alphasim B-24 in Navy PB4Y-1 colors (two-tone blue over white). Like a jerk I failed to download the thing and now I can't find it. As I recall the aircraft was a navalized B-24J because I recall a nose turret in the screenshot. I can safely say this was NOT a Privateer because I also recall two vertical stabs, not one. Does anyone know if this texture is available yet for the Alphasim B-24? Thanks

I think what you're looking for is "Impatient Virgin" by Brian Hill. He uploaded it both here and at Avsim (where I found it) according to his readme. The filename is Impatient_Virgin.zip.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Thanks

Well done Craig - you were absolutely correct, that is indeed the airplane. Once again the Marines have come through and the situation is well in hand!!

Mike S.

SOH-CM-2024
    Did Brian ever do an FSX version for Alphasim's FSX version of the B-24?

That's a beautiful scheme and I downloaded it for here when i got my Alphasim package. I know technically that PBY-1's had ERCO front turrets, but only a real old-time rivet counter like Helldiver would care. :d

I have been looking over all of the repaints at AvSim and FlightSim just to see what has been done. Jesus, I had no idea! :isadizzy: I am glad I did, because two repaints I had planned to do are already done and I do not want any redundancy.

Anyhow, I plan to do a "false" PBY-1 named "LADY LUCK" and after seeing Brian's PBY, I said "BOOM", there's my color mask! Thanks Brian, I upsized your textures to 2048 so I could use them for a 2048 mask layer. I have not tried to use your texture (yet) for an FSX model, but should I do so and if you do not have FSX, if they look okay like they do in FS9 (the wing shadows will have to be eliminated for FSX), I shall upload here to SOH giving full credit to you and the fact that I only adapted them to FSX .dds textures. None of the Dash L textures are required in FSX, only the nine Dash t painted textures, which all will have to be resized to 2048 and Flipped Vertically. No problems with the Alphas since they are all one shade; they do have to be resized to 2048, however.

It's a beautiful paint Brian, it would really stand out with bump textures to bring out the rivets. As I said, I would have to do a little work to texture1 and texture2 to erase the wing shadows, which are created on their own in FSX. If one has been done for FSX I would surely like to download it.

Caz

Cazzie,

I've installed it in mine for FSX, and it looks OK. The wing shadowing might explain why the colors look just a tad rich, but I thought it was just me. I think it would be great to have more Navy paints (shameless plug). My Dad flew in PB4Y-2s, out of Jacksonville (I think) during WW II. He was a Seaman with an aerial gunner's rating, and instructed other crews.

@ Mike S. My pleasure. As you can see from my avatar I have dual loyalties.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR