Looking for P-61 Blackwidow
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for P-61 Blackwidow

Looking for P-61 Blackwidow

anyone know where i can download a standalone p-61 blackwidow for cfs3? had one for cfs 1 & 2 yet to find one for cfs3, also anyone know where i can download all of the fdg aircraft? you can hit me up on here or email me at defcon4_1982@yahoo.com. thnx

There was some mention of doing one for CFS3 in the past but currently there isn't one. I don't think anyone ever started one but if so they never finished it.

I did the radar for a Black Widow project that someone mentioned they were working on, but it never was published that I know of.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...15462&catid=13

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ighlight=radar
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I think Nachtpiloten showed screenies of a started P-61 project with a poll as to whether people would support it as a payware project and also I think Dave Boynton started one.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Yep

I have one that needs the interior done. Just never had the motivation to finish it, like so many others..... sad really. I looked the other day and I have a Gekko. Dianna, H6K5, 152H, me410, p-47N, FW200, all just in various states of finish..... Oh b17 too.

wow!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    ...Just never had the motivation to finish it, like so many others..... sad really....
    Impressive list of interesting aircraft!! :salute:
    BTW No, not that sad - I think most of us have a large number of half-finished projects on our HDs. There's so much to do and sometimes it's just more fun to start something else/new... It takes discipline to finish a project or to get through the difficult/boring bits. And it's still just a hobby for most, you know!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

hey dude send me the unfinished one lol i will find a cockpit that works for it lol
    I have one that needs the interior done. Just never had the motivation to finish it, like so many others..... sad really. I looked the other day and I have a Gekko. Dianna, H6K5, 152H, me410, p-47N, FW200, all just in various states of finish..... Oh b17 too.

Not wishing to volunteer anyone for anything but would Steve Seybolt be interested in finishing stuff up especially the Japanese stuff,it would be cool for Rising Sun?.

Blog Entries
    BTW No, not that sad - I think most of us have a large number of half-finished projects on our HDs. There's so much to do and sometimes it's just more fun to start something else/new... It takes discipline to finish a project or to get through the difficult/boring bits. And it's still just a hobby for most, you know
    I'd agree with that Joost, the initial enthusiasm of starting a new model pretty quickly wanes with the realisation of just how bl**dy long its going to take!

Would be nice to see the P61 finished though it's been on the wanted list of a lot of cfs3'ers for a long time.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    BTW No, not that sad - I think most of us have a large number of half-finished projects on our HDs. There's so much to do and sometimes it's just more fun to start something else/new... It takes discipline to finish a project or to get through the difficult/boring bits. And it's still just a hobby for most, you know!
    Wow a Black Widow, it would be great especially in RS. I only wish I had half the talent you guys have :salute:
    CHEERS

Blog Entries
    Ted - I won't spend anymore time on this if you intend finishing your model anytime soon, but the Fightertown Design CFS2 model will import into cfs3 and has a very relaxed copyright.

So as a stop-gap and if there's enough interest I'd get this sorted. I'd need help from all you chaps with the air/xdp/cfg/mos files etc.

Perhaps a few of us could get this into the air as a team effort? (It would only be the basic model!)

donation ware -----yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cant wait

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    YES!!! Finally!! been wanting one for years!!
    *****PLEASE!! send me what you have.
    I am on the road in the Eastern frontier, Will return to the Shire in a few days..
    Thanks..

I think

The model I have will not be done anytime soon. We should team up on yours. One thing i did notice is that yours seems to have normal ailerons, as the actual had these cool airbrake/deflector things. What is holding me back is the interior, this always takes 3x the amount of effort and time as the exterior. I have a bunch of 3d American gauges as does Steve. Mine has a xdp and damage profiles.

Let me know.

What is holding me back is the interior, this always takes 3x the amount of effort and time as the exterior.
    You're not kidding.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Interiors!:isadizzy:
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Blog Entries
    The model I have will not be done anytime soon. We should team up on yours. One thing i did notice is that yours seems to have normal ailerons, as the actual had these cool airbrake/deflector things. What is holding me back is the interior, this always takes 3x the amount of effort and time as the exterior. I have a bunch of 3d American gauges as does Steve. Mine has a xdp and damage profiles.

Let me know
    Roger that Ted, I'll drop you an email later.

I see what you mean about the control surfaces, the ailerons are also the flaps and when used in that mode there's some small outboard ailerons that take over that function. Plus with all the other flaps and spoilers on it, it does look a bit funky! There's a very nice fs9 model in which all this works, I don't think we have the range of animations open to us though

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Hello!! Would someone send me this PLEASE..
    Thanks..

Blog Entries
    Be patient furry one.....

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Be patient furry one.....

Well

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Roger that Ted, I'll drop you an email later.

I see what you mean about the control surfaces, the ailerons are also the flaps and when used in that mode there's some small outboard ailerons that take over that function. Plus with all the other flaps and spoilers on it, it does look a bit funky! There's a very nice fs9 model in which all this works, I don't think we have the range of animations open to us though
    I have animated the one I have fairly close to the actual plane. Just need to use key frame options. Since you can have the built in animations for flaps, ailerons etc but you can also have additional ones key framed. Now there are some limitations mind you but for instance with the dorniers and heinkel the ailerons also drooped when the flaps were activated. I just used key frames to make that happend (Oh, in the 217s the horizontals also drooped and I modeled that).

Ted

Not claiming to know much of what you are talking about, but I know the Groundcrew Bf 110G had drooping ailerons when the flaps were lowered and they did it only using the flap and aileron animations (you don't have to press any other buttons at least). Maybe a similar arrangement will work on the P-61?

Wink How to

First make a dummy and name it l_flap_key, (or what ever you are working on), move it to the position you want it to be say right in the middle of the span of the l_aileron, then attach it to the left wing. Next orient the dummy to align with wind dihedral and other surface areas (taper etc). Be sure that the pivot for the dummy is aligned to world and centered to object before you start! Then animate the dummy, say you think that the aileron will deflect 15 degrees so set the first animation key at zero and move the key frame slider to 15. Using your rotate gizmo, move the dummy just the way you want it. Return to zero key frame and attach your aileron to it. Then move the animation key frame and wonderful, the aileron will deflect 15 degrees when the flaps are lowered. The aileron will also continue to pivot to act like the control surface it needs to be even if the flaps are lowered. You can do this with flaps,ailerons, and ..... need to look in the cfsexport dle file in the gamx plugin folder to see what other key frames are supposed to be there. You can also look in the SDK, but be aware some of the key frames were never activated in the sim.

Nice and easy. You can be very creative to get the plane to do things you want it to.... well mostly, on a good day, once in a while, ok sometimes....

Tally Ho!

Who luvs ya baby - Ok what TV show's main character said this? Man I'm bored today.....

Nice and easy. You can be very creative to get the plane to do things you want it to.... well mostly, on a good day, once in a while, ok sometimes....
    NachtPiloten, If you add a g-max passenger/co-pilot to a aircraft would it be possible to make him look left and right do you think. considering that said guy would be in the VC, hierarchy, And would need a keyboard command as well.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

Members who have read this thread: 24