A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: Update of Bismarck13's Bristol Bombay I took Bismarck13's (William Dickens) Bombay and simply did some refining to it. I created new skins with panel lines..basic servicable panel lines, nothing super sharp or detailed...just enough to give the plane some character. I revamped the DP file, using the Ground Crew British Weapons pack. There are 4 skins in this pack. The first is just a revamp of the original desert scheme that came with the plane. The second is a desert scheme Air Ambulance. Third is a Cargo variant in overall RAF Dark Green. Lastly is a Dark Green and Medium Sea Gray camo scheme...not accurate but looks nice. The Air Ambulance Skin: I attempted to recreate the Bombay in the markings of No1 Air Ambulance Unit, RAAF, based on an image sent to me by Hewman. Unfortunately, I was not able to do so in a manner that satisfied me. The Red Cross insignia on the sides of the fuselage should have No 1 Air Ambulance Unit RAAF in a semi-circle on the top half of the insignia...I was not able to produce that lettering in a curve with any of the software I have...or at least not with results that were good enough to use..they tended to be blurry and uneven. Secondly, the real RAAF Air Ambulance had the Red Cross insignia wrapped across the bottom of the fuselage..again, the results from many attempts to achieve this were less than stellar..very blurred, very streaky. So, I opted to include my first rendition of an Air Ambulance....it may not be totally accurate, but it looks good. And I think most simmers would rather have a good looking plane that is not quite on par with history than to have a historical skin that looks like crap. ________________________ A great big thank you to Bismarck for creating this fine aircraft. While it is not a super significant aircraft in terms of usage during WW2, it is a nice addition to the CFS2 line up of avaiable aircraft. Bismarck has produced many many aircraft that fit in this mold...planes that history and most model makers have over looked. Thanks also to Peperez and Hewman for supplying info on the colors and markings used on the Bombay. Thanks to the folks at Ground Crew for making and sharing their incredible British weapons pack. Very nicely modeled bombs in that pack. ________________________ Please refer to the original read me file by Bismarck13 (William Dickens). This is his work, and his rules aplly above all others. For my part...these skins are free ware. Feel free to tweak them to your own liking. Heck, if you want I will be glad to share my paint template if you want to repaint the plane in a way of your choosing...just shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you the Photoshop 5.0 files (can be used in Paintshop Pro as well). _________________________ Use these files at your own risk. Any loss or damage that may arise from the use of these files is yours to deal with. _________________________ Thanks for downloading my work....such that it is. Enjoy! OBIO

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bristol_Bombay_update.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.