Restauravia Dassault Mirage IIIB Released - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Restauravia Dassault Mirage IIIB Released

It would be nice smoke and AB effect
    Unfortunately do not have
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Great video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=0B4AFQziQlo

how to apply for French ATC/LSO control?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    And as if the orange paint would be different......

Attachment 11142

or this was it the other version?

Here some reference pics:

http://flickrhivemind.net/flickr_hvm...arch_type=Tags

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at..._III_Fanta.jpg

The orange line is too long! thx for the feedback, fixes in sight!
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Great video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=0B4AFQziQlo

how to apply for French ATC/LSO control?

Start with page 21 the manual. And enter the ILS frequency to get the voice sounds using the GCA popup, not just the panel gauges. Also requires RFN scenery be installed and activated.

It would be nice smoke and AB effect
    Unfortunately do not have
    This was covered in depth with discussion for and against when the model was first released.
    This is an ATAR-9B engine, not a lot of smoke and not a lot of flame visible during the day.
    Not sure which thread it was though but instructions for adding AB were provided.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    This was covered in depth with discussion for and against when the model was first released.
    This is an ATAR-9B engine, not a lot of smoke and not a lot of flame visible during the day.
    Not sure which thread it was though but instructions for adding AB were provided.
    Hi Frank,

Thanks for your info!
    I would like to know what is between the two models is the difference?
    What was the early and late version (base model and CEV)

Zsolt

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your info!
    I would like to know what is between the two models is the difference?
    What was the early and late version (base model and CEV)

Zsolt
    Since the IIIB didn't have the rocket motor it had as a ventral strake. The CEV (Centre d'Essais en Vol - Flight Test Center) model, and perhaps unique to the serial number they painted, has a built up ventral fairing instead of the strake similar to that of a rocket motor housing. Following the IIIB/C all Mirage III/5 versions with or without the rocket motor had a ventral fairing for the rocket motor or just fuel and sometimes a camera. I can't see any difference in the cockpit between the two models.

The IIIB model they didn't include was the IIIB-RV (Ravitaillement ev Vol) with the practice refueling probe in place of the nose mounted pitot tube. This version was assigned to the Mirage IVA bomber training unit CIFAS 328 for practice making refueling hookups.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Since the IIIB didn't have the rocket motor it had as a ventral strake. The CEV (Centre d'Essais en Vol - Flight Test Center) model, and perhaps unique to the serial number they painted, has a built up ventral fairing instead of the strake similar to that of a rocket motor housing. Following the IIIB/C all Mirage III/5 versions with or without the rocket motor had a ventral fairing for the rocket motor or just fuel and sometimes a camera. I can't see any difference in the cockpit between the two models.

The IIIB model they didn't include was the IIIB-RV (Ravitaillement ev Vol) with the practice refueling probe in place of the nose mounted pitot tube. This version was assigned to the Mirage IVA bomber training unit CIFAS 328 for practice making refueling hookups.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Frank!

The IIIB & The IIIC had the ATAR9B, right?
    The IIIE the 09C and on request the 9K-50, but the IIIR? I readed that some of the Swiss IIIS & IIIRS, had the SEPR944 for take off and a 9K-50...
    Last edited by mirage3; August 11th, 2014 at 05:37.
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Fixes done...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot102.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	11166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot103.jpg 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	11167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot104.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	11168
    Thanks for the Feedbacks
    Miro

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post

Name:	ScreenShot102.jpg 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	11166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot103.jpg 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	11167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot104.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	11168
    Thanks for the Feedbacks

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    The IIIB & The IIIC had the ATAR9B, right?
    The IIIE the 09C and on request the 9K-50, but the IIIR? I readed that some of the Swiss IIIS & IIIRS, had the SEPR944 for take off and a 9K-50...:screwy:
    I think the engine type(s) for the R was very much the same as the E, early build had the 09C and later the choice of the 9K-50 was included by Dassault. The SAAF for example got the 9K-50 in their late build IIIR2Z.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Thx Jens
    Miro

Speaking of engine variations, the Commonwealth Aircraft Factory (or Corporation as they became) built up an Avon powered IIIO before sanity prevailed and the powers that be reminded them of how much time the Avon Sabre project consumed.
    Apparently the one off Avon Mirage was an absolute hot rod, in retrospect, the problems that AMD caused with spare parts and their 'AMD only' tools, along with difficulties in obtaining cannon rounds, might have made the 'Made in Australia' Avon version a better long term proposal.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon26 Ladies and gentlemen..... 2 argentinian Mirages

wow very nice. so we have 2 argentinian MIIIB (mine and yours)
    Miro

Today i started repainting, and following Cristoph (F-4F) i do an "what if?" USAFE Lakenheath repaint. It will represent the scheme of an F-15C (84019).
    Next days will finish and post the screenshots!
    Bests

Miro
    Miro

Hi folks,
    at the moment i have serious problems with my internet. It is unbelievable how dependet we are today from these things.
    Further more real life keeps me very busy these days:-)
    None the less i try to make some painting in my freetime. If i have the possibility, there will be another upload in the near future:-))

With best regards

Christoph

By the way. I used a NASA paint for a starfighter as inspiration.

Simply wow.
    Miro

Nice "What If" repaint

Thank you.
    There are one or two tweaks to do. But mainly it is done.
    Should I stay with 014 on tail and on fuselage like on the original paint?
    Looks a bit "wrong" to me when its there two times.
    Sadly I don't no, why they made it this way.
    Furthermore I have decided to leave the upper wing area in this metal paint.
    The starfighter had a wight area, but this looks not that clean.
    On the undersight I have to do a compromise, couse of the flap-rod-housing.

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by F-4F View Post
    Thank you.
    There are one or two tweaks to do. But mainly it is done.
    Should I stay with 014 on tail and on fuselage like on the original paint?
    Looks a bit "wrong" to me when its there two times.
    Sadly I don't no, why they made it this way.
    Furthermore I have decided to leave the upper wing area in this metal paint.
    The starfighter had a wight area, but this looks not that clean.

Christoph
    That was the first thing I noticed was the two "014" so close together. I'd remove it from the tail so you have more orange for visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by F-4F View Post

Christoph
    A great 'what if' Christoph! It's possible to paint the two elevon actuating rod covers if that's what you mean; they're on MB302.

Name:	Mirage ARDU 1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	11336

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 11