VIRTAVIA SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIRTAVIA SALE

VIRTAVIA SALE

HU....Virtavia 50% Off sale underway at the usual places.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Last month, it was "i really must pay off my credit card bill", now Virtavia do this to me, whats a man to do :mixedsmi:
    cheers ian

Thanks for the HU Duckie!!! I just grabbed the He-111, one I have had me eye on for a long time. Also considering the B-24 Liberator.

BB686 (Insert American Flag here...)
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Just bought the B-47 and Neptune myself
    cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Last month, it was "i really must pay off my credit card bill", now Virtavia do this to me, whats a man to do :mixedsmi:
    cheers ian
    Man I hear yah!! lol.

couldn't resist, downloading the Skyray and Prowler as we speak, don't tell the missus!!

Jamie

Yep, I think I finally need to grab the giant Martin Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    BB686 (Insert American Flag here...)
    *Running over the Horizon laughing like a maniac*

i'm like Ian, paying off my bills.. but my thinking is "Sod it...." so i'm eyeing up a few

thanks for the H/U! :salute:

Just grabbed the Supermarine Scimitar... quite an unusual but nice looking plane. Handles like a dream and complements my British Cold War jet collection of Hawker Hunters, the Supermarine Swift, and a host of EE Canberra's.

BB686:USA-flag:

Does anyone have the Hawker Hunter by Virtavia? I'm tempted, but the reviews are not all that spectacular. Any comments on it, in particular the VC?
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I have the Alpha/Virtavia Hunter.... I always thought it was a good representation of the real plane, from what I have read and the photos I've seen. Not a lot of repaints out there for it tho... The VC suits my purposes, The gauges are clear and very readable. The jet flies easy enough and looks very nice in the spot. Keep in mind that the system I am running it on has a 4.0GhZ Processor and 1GB of dedicated video memory. Since re-installing FS9, I haven't placed the Alpha/Virtavia Hunter back in yet, but I definitely have plans to.

The freeware alternative is Dave Garwood's superb Hunters. I complemented my Alpha/Virtavia Hunter with Dave Garwood's versions that Alpha/Virtavia model didn't offer.

EDIT: I just went over to the Pilot Shop at Flightsim.com. At $6.25 you cant go wrong!

I picked up the Skyray - added a couple of nice RCN and RN repaints from AvSim - and the Yak-52, which I wanted ever since I saw a tailwheel version of it on YouTube (the nosewheel version is butt ugly IMO), but for some reason the instruments aren't showing up. Put the gauge CAB in the gauges folder but that did nothing, then I tried adding the CAB to the panel folders of each of the three versions but still no joy. Finally I opened the CAB and placed all the files in the panel folder but the panel still remains blank. The panel's there, just no instruments. Any hints?

I don't know if any one else flies the Yak-52 but I think the aircraft CFG needs some tweaking. Seems I roll forward only a few yards and I'm airborne and climbing steeply.

N.

Charter Member 2016
    Yeah, they kinda screwed up the FS9 Yak 52 a bit. Copy and replace the entire panel folder over... and then check the aircratft.cfg to make sure it's all aliased right.
    But it's a beautiful plane. I got it a while back... haven't regretted it.

Oh, and the nose-wheel version kinda grows on a person... give it some time.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Thats a good price for the Alpha Hunter, only £6, i have it myself and i prefer it to the DG model, just seems a little smoother and a little more refined, as for repaints, i have about 25, although some are FSX
    repaints converted to FS9 with dxtbmp, and there are quite a lot more out there if you want to try converting yourself, search for Bruce Martin over at Avsim for many FS9 and FSX repaints

Attachment 86664

Charter Member 2016
    Does any one have any opinions on the Blackhawk helicoptor?

It looks beautiful, I want it, but I'd like more screenshots - and how does it fly? I'm not a very good helicoptor pilot, so if it's much more difficult than the default Robinson or the JustFlight Schweizer 300, I might not be able to handle it!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Personally I prefer Dave Garwood's Hunter to the Virtavia version, but at £6 I guess you can't go far wrong; Dave's price is still a little better though! ;-)

I bought pretty much everything FS2004 back in the Alphasim days so, unless I purchase for the Dark Side, sadly not much here for me; having said which, I'm tempted by the Hind and/or the Seaking for my occasional forays into FSX!! I would have recommended the Sea Vixen for anybody, like BB686, looking for some Cold War heavy metal but it seems not to be in the range at present - pity, because it is a rather sweet little model.

EMatheson, the Blackhawk is sweeeet. Bit more of a handful than the defaults, but worth the effort; and, like yourself, I'm far from decent in flying the choppers. Plenty of repaints for it at Flightsim too, which is always a plus.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Personally I prefer Dave Garwood's Hunter to the Virtavia version, but at £6 I guess you can't go far wrong; Dave's price is still a little better though! ;-)
    I re-installed the Alpha Hunter lastnight, and was pleasantly reminded of what a sweet model it is. I also re-installed Dave Garwood's T6 Hunters, and the FR.10's, as well as the export variants of the F.6. The two planes complement each other nicely, both having advantages and features that the other may or may not have. Dave Garwood's Hunters are excellent models and are still flown regularly in my sim. Like the man said... the price is right.

Thoughts on the C-17 and the Seaking for FS9?
    Duckie

I joined the club,picked up the Caribou.:ernae:
    Might go back to get the Ka-50 in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    I joined the club,picked up the Caribou.:ernae:
    Might go back to get the Ka-50 in a couple of days.
    You'll like the Ka-50, takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of the flight characteristics, it's a blast. Takes off and lands pretty much like a helicopter, but get that baby cooking along and you can roll and turn like a plane. (Actually, looping it is more like a flip, be sure there is sufficient distance between you and the ground!). I found some repaints for it at Flightsim, including fictional USMC, British Army, German Air Force... etc. There's a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Thoughts on the C-17 and the Seaking for FS9?
    Did the Seaking package for FS 2004. Love it; definitely a plus that Virtavia stopped selling multiple packs for the SeaKing. As for the C-17, I have the Area 51 that comes in both FS2004 and FSX flavors so I can't quite justify even paying half price for only the FS 2004 version.

Savings tip: Seeing as Virtavia just started this sale, I would suggest waiting until Tuesday when PC Aviator's pilot shop discounts everything 10%, even items on sale.

Virtavia offers both FS9 and FSX versions of their models in one download over at Flightsim Pilot Shop. I have quite the lot, and they have come with models for both sims. Now, the C-17... I can't say that about because I don't have that one.

Area51's models are very nice... I have the U2-S Dragon Lady for FS9 and the visual model is outstanding.

EDIT: The Virtavia C-17 over at Flightsim pilot Shop is FS9 only. Just went over and read the docs on the plane.

Hawker Hunter

Thanks for the positive responses to my question on the Hawker Hunter guys. I'll pick it up today as well as the Chance-Vought Cutlass and perhaps the McDonnell Demon. I really like these early jets.

I've always liked Dave Garwood's series of Hunters, but for some reason my computer with Windows 7 will not open the installer for these jets. Well, I'll just use the Alphasim/Virtavia Hunter until I can figure that issue out. Anyone else having the same problem?
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Bought the FsX version of the C-17 yesterday, and for only 17.48 I'm very happy with it! Exterior textures are a bit bland, but the real thing's a big grey whale too I guess!

It flies great, not nearly as sluggish as some freeware airliners around; I've seen it do a display a few years ago and the virtual model seems able to reproduce those maneuvres quite well.
    VC is one of the best yet from AS/Virtavia and the sounds are great too.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. :salute:

awj112 - Thanks for tha savings tip! :salute:

Looks like I'll be picking up both (C-17 and Seaking) on TUESDAY!
    Duckie

Just grabbed the C-17... Very satisfied with the way it flies. Quite agile for a big jet. The rest has pretty much been covered in the previous posts here.