About to go back to FS9....

Thread: About to go back to FS9....

SOH-CM-2023

About to go back to FS9....

I kept having Visual.fx Crashes on my FSX install. So I uninstalled (twice now) and ever since, Any third party and even default dll files do not work. Any of the default dll gauges do not show, and things like FSUIPC4, Instant scenery and Accufeel no longer work.

I might say the heck with it and take Lionheart's advice and got to P3D.... or reload FS 9 so I can fly...
    You can't take the sky from me...

FSX is definitely a dead-ender but, perhaps when Lockheed can shed any encumbrances acquired with FSX, it'll be a whole new ballgame.

As with everything....pays to mention what OS etc. you use.
    Updating to IE10 hosed my FSX install [wouldn't run] ... in Win7 64 Ult .... but going back to IE9 cured it.

SOH-CM-2023
    Running Win 7 64 bit. I haven't been online since Dec 1st until last week. One of the re installs was before I got my internet back and still had the dll issue. While IE is on my system, I use chrome as my default browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Running Win 7 64 bit. I haven't been online since Dec 1st until last week. One of the re installs was before I got my internet back and still had the dll issue. While IE is on my system, I use chrome as my default browser.
    MS Update may have installed IE10 recently. Whether or not you use it won't make a difference.... though in my case I did...but 'not for long' - reverting to 9.

Recently there was an 'important' update that quaintly changed to 'optional' when it started hosing systems...at about the same time as 10 ...

Yes if you allow auto updates you will ingest the IE10 update.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Brian,

You can 'try' Prepar3D for a mere $10.00. Get the 1 month only purchase. Download it. Takes all night as its 10 Gigs. Get it installed, see what you think. 30 Days to play.

Also, get that PDF on how to trick out the settings by that guy at AVSIM. That helps as well. Count on 35 FPS average, with super intense scenery down to 12 FPS.

I love love love it...

EDIT: They also just came out with the newest Max 2012 64bit SDK system. They show you have to make materials, etc. Alot of advancements.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Take lionhearts advice. I went back to fs9 for about an hour, couldn't stand it. Got p3d and haven't looked back.

Did you do a CLEAN uninstall?

I suspect you didn't.... there are more than likely fs core files still present preventing reauthorisation of dlls, like the fsx.cfg from the last build....

What OS are you on? you need to locate the folder containing the fsx.cfg (appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx in win 7) and remove the entire thing before reinstalling or things get loco...

Pretty simple after that.

FS9 with UT,GEX,REX and other enhancements is still a very viable sim. I use it in preference to both the other two. Just an all round more satisfying experience.
    P3D is the future but not yet too many annoyances for me. Try it though, but I would not be so quick to buy it yet as I have a sneaky feeling Version 2 is about to be released in the not too distant future.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Master of Disaster
    P3D! fsx has always been trash! fsx is by far the worst game I've ever purchased!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Updating to IE10 hosed my FSX install [wouldn't run] ... in Win7 64 Ult .... but going back to IE9 cured it.
    Interesting. I am running Win7 Home Premium 64bit and IE-10 and have no problems with my FSX. Don'tcha love computers!

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    P3D! fsx has always been trash! fsx is by far the worst game I've ever purchased!
    Tell us how you really feel
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Funny really... P3d is at the moment, is just fsx tweaked, patched, upgraded and polished... Nothing you can't do with fsx RIGHT NOW if you know how. Emperor's new clothing... So whining that its the worst game ever is ignorance.

Bet you were one of the people that said MS Flight was heaven on earth, fs11, and the next best thing since sliced bread.... Till they released it.

To abuse another proverb, heard the one about the house with golden windows? (pun possibly intended)

Quote: 'Did you do a CLEAN uninstall?'

It's not FSX, or IE11, or 3rd party SW. Or OS version. Or whether it's 3rd time uninstall. Or whether it's tuesday. It's YOU. Nuff said.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    PS: 'golden windows'.... (egg) yokes?
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

I kept having Visual.fx Crashes on my FSX install. So I uninstalled (twice now) and ever since, Any third party and even default dll files do not work. Any of the default dll gauges do not show, and things like FSUIPC4, Instant scenery and Accufeel no longer work.

I might say the heck with it and take Lionheart's advice and got to P3D.... or reload FS 9 so I can fly...
    Would you mind elaborating on the visual.fx crashes? And could you give us the details on your rig please? Also, are you sure you have the latest drivers installed on your machine?

Back in the FS9 days, I used to have quite a few of those crashes happen to me. After quite a bit of searching and help from knowledgeable friends, it was clear that it was a problem with inf files and drivers of my rig. (first one I built myself)

You also might want to check the latest updates installed by windows update and checking the eventviewer. That would give you some details on the causes of the crashes!

Hope you get it sorted out!

Dumonceau

SOH-CM-2014
    You'll get it sorted Brian. For me, after running P3, I'll not be going back to FS9. With FSX, I was so PO'd by all the bugs and niglets and pink runways and jumping planes and disappearing clouds and things, that I was about to quit FSX work altogether and go full X-Plane. I was asked to go to a developers seminar back east sponsored by X-Plane to bring in FS devs. Before quitting, I tried P3 from hearing about it on Facebook and after trying it, I loved it.

smooooooth...

You will have 'no' updates. The latest P3 is it. Download and install and try.

Since you are a developer, you qualify for $10.00 a month. If they come out with the 64bit version of P3 in 3 or 7 months, you will not be out of alot of funds.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Funny really... P3d is at the moment, is just fsx tweaked, patched, upgraded and polished... Nothing you can't do with fsx RIGHT NOW if you know how. Emperor's new clothing... So whining that its the worst game ever is ignorance.

Your post itself is ignorant.

Tweaked, patched, and upgraded adds up to quite a bit of difference between both offerings. P3D (LM) and FSX both have a TON of knowledgable developers that I'm sure know more than you....or maybe not. Maybe you can clue everybody in to how one goes about getting everything P3D has into FSX "RIGHT NOW", since it's apparent you have the keys to the castle.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Your post itself is ignorant.

Tweaked, patched, and upgraded adds up to quite a bit of difference between both offerings. P3D (LM) and FSX both have a TON of knowledgable developers that I'm sure know more than you....or maybe not. Maybe you can clue everybody in to how one goes about getting everything P3D has into FSX "RIGHT NOW", since it's apparent you have the keys to the castle.
    :isadizzy:

and of course yours is not much better.

Everyone keep yourselves under control. Sometimes its best to hold your tongue when you don't like what someone else has posted.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Even with its quirks, the stuff that's being developed for FSX is astonishing! I've even tried to resurrect an old aircraft to FSX standards thru my artwork and effects. It just looks better!

Anyways give this a try... a guide to completely remove/install FSX for Win 7.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/...stall-fsx.aspx

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Even with its quirks, the stuff that's being developed for FSX is astonishing! I've even tried to resurrect an old aircraft to FSX standards thru my artwork and effects. It just looks better!

Anyways give this a try... a guide to completely remove/install FSX for Win 7.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/...stall-fsx.aspx

This has been EXTREMELY helpful. Off to go commit mayhem on my computer. Back in a few hours to let you know what happens....

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Strange, I upgraded to IE10 a few days ago and had no problems (Except retrieving all my passwords... :isadizzy.

(Nothing really new so far in IE10 either, except for a spell checker and some added animations..)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2014
    One of the guys in the Prepar3D section had installed some Addons and it turned out it had replaced stock special effects and the effects werent working with his graphics card. He had to reload P3D from his installer to get the effects back. Messed up ALOT of things in his sim.

This might be what happened.

SOH-CM-2023
    Well... three total reinstalls and still no dice with FSX. P3D downloaded, installed and working... Now I just need to start loading all my FSX addons....

Gotta say, Bill. Your Aclaim is SWEET!!!!

Well... three total reinstalls and still no dice with FSX. P3D downloaded, installed and working... Now I just need to start loading all my FSX addons....

Gotta say, Bill. Your Aclaim is SWEET!!!!

I see this all the time at Guru.com... one setup works like a charm and someone with the same system... havoc!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"