RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP

Woot! Looking forward to this one. Thanks so much, Sylvain.

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi!
    It has been a very long time since I gaive some news on the RFN's Crusader project!
    The main reason was that I had no news to share, as 2015 was a really bad year for my FS projects...
    But 2016 is a different year and it seems a better year!

Since few weeks now Bernard Juniot (who did the beautiful Alize) joined the 'Sader team and took in charge the external model : he gave a huge boost to the team and the project.
    I let you make your own opinion with these 2 screen shots from FSX

regards,
    Sylvain
    Sylvain, I had been wondering about this project very much lately and of course, I have been following it since day one. I am very glad to see the project is moving forward once again and the new external shots look great! I'm still very much looking forward to eventually flying this model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes!

I was hoping you guys would be able to keep it going!

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Wow! And I was just visiting the RFN site the other day for any updates. Merci ! Mike

Nice job on all of the modelling. This will be an awesome addition to the FSX skies.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi!
    It has been a very long time since I gaive some news on the RFN's Crusader project!
    The main reason was that I had no news to share, as 2015 was a really bad year for my FS projects...
    But 2016 is a different year and it seems a better year!

Since few weeks now Bernard Juniot (who did the beautiful Alize) joined the 'Sader team and took in charge the external model : he gave a huge boost to the team and the project.
    I let you make your own opinion with these 2 screen shots from FSX

regards,
    Sylvain
    Hello Sylvain,
    very happy to see that this project is still going on!!!
    Merci beaucoup,

Stéph.

simply G R E A T !!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you and have a good job
    The more you do, the less you dream

Absolutely beautiful.

Thank you !
    One more pic! (I love this plane!)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crusader_RFN_WIP14_l.jpg  

Sylvain, how's the VC looking now? Is it progressed enough to a point where you can show a screen of it? I do remember the very early screens of the VC. Even at that early point, it looked great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When and where will this fabulous F-8 be available?

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    When and where will this fabulous F-8 be available?
    Hi Eric,
    I can't tell you when but to me it should be available here: http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/
    If you like navy aircraft you should really have a look at it...

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Sylvain, how's the VC looking now? Is it progressed enough to a point where you can show a screen of it? I do remember the very early screens of the VC. Even at that early point, it looked great.
    Hi StrormILM!
    The VC didn't progress so much... I will post some screenshots to show how it renders now.

Here is a quick screen shot of our last test: the "texture mapping" test with US navy high-colored liveries!
    As this VF-84 paint scheme has some interesting difficult part even if it was for a F-8C, that's why we choose it.
    The result is may be a little weird as some French markings remain, but the test is validated!!

Regards,
    Sylvain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F8_USS59_2.jpg  

Sylvain, your work is very much appreciated!

Cees

Blog Entries
    Tres bon, Sylvain!

I have been away from FS for a few months and somehow missed this update. This is truly exceptional news.

Is there any chance you might include (even if just the model) an RF-8A or G? Even if it shared the E VC, that'd be awesome. No RF Crusaders (properly modelled, as opposed to the "painted" 2005 Alphasim model) since the FS2002 models - you'd be a saint here in this community if you did!

Best regards,

dl

He's already a saint for making a proper F-8 for free.

Amazing work! Congratulations Sylvain
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Tres bon, Sylvain!

I have been away from FS for a few months and somehow missed this update. This is truly exceptional news.

Is there any chance you might include (even if just the model) an RF-8A or G? Even if it shared the E VC, that'd be awesome. No RF Crusaders (properly modelled, as opposed to the "painted" 2005 Alphasim model) since the FS2002 models - you'd be a saint here in this community if you did!

Best regards,

dl
    I completely agree with you. The RF-8 is my favorite of the series. Although, I will still jump for joy if the fighter Crusader is all they release.

Ditto what Sundog says-- any US variant F-8 is awesome....and an RF-8A or G would be "insanely great"!!!!

Kent

When Sylvain first posted here that he was building the F-8E I mentioned that it would be nice to have a companion photo bird to go with it. Preferably a RF-8G since I served in VFP-63 at Miramar for seven years (two tours). If he decides to do it I can supply lots of reference material, but for now I'll just be happy to have a FSX-native gunfighter.

RFN F-8 Crusader Tacpack

Any chance of the f-8 being tacpac enabled?

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    Any chance of the f-8 being tacpac enabled?
    Yes please! The advantage of the Sidewinders of the day is that I can always blame the missiles if I miss.