RAZBAM Hawker Tempest Mk. V - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Hawker Tempest Mk. V

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I don't know what to make of all this BS. There seems to have developed, here at SOH, "factions" associated with this payware developer and that payware developer, and they are at war with each other, at our expense. Digging trenches and firing vollies at each other here. Here, where we once had a motto of “let being helpful be more important than being right”. It's sad and infuriating. We, as staff, can't get in the middle of any of it without drawing fire from one of the "factions" involved. In the mean time, every developer sees nothing but the legions of members here who are out to bad-mouth them. From each of their perspectives, they are right. We can't even take the "high ground" and demand "fair play". All that does is draw fire from both parties, with accusations of favoritism. We've become "Balkanized" here, and I don't know what the answer is. You members here with axes to grind against this or that payware developer, and you know who you the hell you are, I blame you. You will be the death of this site, and a pox on your house for it.
    What you are describing seems to be a general issue - I see this everywhere. People are getting more selfish and at the same time more aggressive towards other people trying to call them out on their rude behaviour.

I guess folks call it being assertive but I just call it offensive.

I would hate to see this site go the way of many others who gradually succumb to that type of behaviour.

But I think there is a fair number of people here who embody what is great and good in this hobby - a willingness to share freely and to look out for your wingman!

SOH forever!

Sascha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven190 View Post
    As you say it is their choice, but no need to slam the people here as to their choice to stay here.
    Absolutely agree, and fair enough. And as a major contributor to the SOH community through his generous and prolific painting, it's clear Hank is merely pointing to FB as an option, not to the exclusion of contributing here.
    :ernae:

DL

All constructive comments, let us please get back to the topic of this thread. HAWKER TEMPEST Thanks!!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks Tom and in reply to "will the SOH succumb to this behaviour" the answer is no! We try to be as fair and down the line as we can and for the most part I believe we succeed. Tom is an excellent moderator so please help this gentleman do his job...helping to keep the SOH as our favorite port-of-call.

Now as Tom said: back to the HAWKER TEMPEST Thanks!!!!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries

Tempest in a tea cup ...

It was just a ...

How's that for some comic relief ...

Back to the topic at hand ...

I'm some might know about this site ... but just in case - one of the more authoritative sites I've seen on the Tempest .... all Tempest, only Tempest, Tempest all the time ... http://www.hawkertempest.se/index.htm

Check out the "In Detail" tab - tons of drawings, profiles, photos, etc. Great stuff.

Cheers,

DL

Thanks for the link DL, great Tempest site. A quick note is the last Hawker Tempest shot down during WWII was by a Heinkel He 162 Volksjäger just before the close of hostilities. A wealth of information about the Hawker Tempest.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I had to chuckle a little .. watching the 1 hour seven minute documentary on the Tempest , ... our intrepid Kiwi flyer who at one stage had a extended stay in Canada dew to his lack of flying skills and then becomes very good at his job - doing it on the European continent ... Its when he said he was peeved the war ended cos he on his time off jumped into his aircraft the "Tempest" and flew to England for the day or weekend to be with his wife .... BUGGER ! the war ended and there was none off that anymore <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Good news on the build....will be on the to-get list.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Here are some photos of the Tempest V that Kermit Weeks owns. This is the only example that ever stands the chance of flying again. The aircraft has been under restoration in England to display condition, but with the ultimate goal of getting it flying one day (so everything is being done with that in mind). Kermit has amassed a collection of four complete Napier Sabre engines, and has actively pursued Napier Sabre parts, which I'm sure they also have quite a bit of (for instance, a cache of Napier Sabre parts was just recently found in Europe, having been stored in an individuals house since WWII, and the individual who came upon them was put in contact with Kermit Weeks' guys). The major part of the goal of getting the Tempest V flying is of course getting one (or more) of those Napier Sabre engines rebuilt to full operation, which is bound to be an extremely spendy venture - there haven't been any running Napier Sabre engines since the 1950's. Kermit Weeks also owns a Tempest II, which is on static display at the Florida Air Museum. There is a Tempest II being restored to airworthy at this time in Texas (Ezell Aviation), and another Tempest II also being actively restored to airworthy in New Zealand (Pioneer Aero: http://www.pioneeraero.co.nz/).

Impressive series of photo's , so much talk about the Napier Saber engine and yet so little and so few , course the Centaurus grabbed the limelight .. but for the true Tiffie/Tempest fan simply to hear one running again would be a real cue.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

You have, of course, seen this film (with sound)

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BKq51LdJ-ZU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

..And on we go..

Ron is gone from here; but you will continue seeing updates from me.

Development is progressing nicely-- especially exterior texturing. Hopefully some VC shots for you all soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningJester View Post
    ..And on we go..

Ron is gone from here; but you will continue seeing updates from me.

Development is progressing nicely-- especially exterior texturing. Hopefully some VC shots for you all soon.

nice

Yes please...keep the updates coming.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Yes please...keep the updates coming.

Matt
    Any more updates on the progress of this project?

Cheers

Paul

Umm...

Still no news or updates on this project?

Was looking forward to this, so hope it's still in the pipeline for release!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    Umm...

Still no news or updates on this project?

Was looking forward to this, so hope it's still in the pipeline for release!

Cheers

Paul
    +1 Me too! Found that documentary on Youtube last week have been watching on the daily commute. What an amazing aeroplane. Can't wait for an FSX version to fly.

Cheers

Adam

Bumping this one up again, as it's been very quiet on any news or updates on this project, and I'm getting hungry for an FSX Tempest V!

I was going to buy the First Class Simulations 'Hawker Heroes' pack from Abacus whilst it was on sale last week which includes a Tempest V, (I guess I really wanted the Fury though, as it appears to be the best and most polished model of the lot!), but passed on it.

Just hoping my Tempest craving will be stopped soon!

Cheers

Paul

Here's the FCS Tempest with I think a repaint. Looks great but the sound file could do with some work.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yes indeed the FCS model still looks good - I wish I could remember who did those smashing paints. No cure for the gaping holes in the spinner (the FCS Hurricane & Lancaster have them too, that modeller's way of doing it I suppose) but you can reduce them a bit by painting them the same colour as the spinner.

Tempest projects tend to go quiet in real life too, but I hope this is progressing.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Yes.. that's a repaint Roger. Easy to tell as the originals are.. err.. wanting. I'll have to look that one up Pity the Typhoon isn't as good. Looked at it once and got rid!!

ATB
    DaveB

The Fury is nice though!

And here's the link for the repaints: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=37258556
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    The Fury is nice though!

And here's the link for the repaints: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=37258556
    Search result links at Flightsim.com tend to die quickly. Might be better to post the search phrase you used.

And this razbam Tempest died as well, right?

I found the link this evening, and the search word was "Tempest".
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?