RAZBAM Hawker Tempest Mk. V - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RAZBAM Hawker Tempest Mk. V

Found the repaint in Roger's shot here along with another couple.. they're done by RobH (who still hasn't released that Wildcat paint)

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Found the repaint in Roger's shot here along with another couple.. they're done by RobH (who still hasn't released that Wildcat paint)

ATB
    DaveB
    Rob, I think, left for a while due to being disillusioned with the naysayers that we all know exist on this site. He was one of two VERY prolific painters from CFS2/FS9 I can think of who were belittled when posting on the FSX forum by said naysayers, both left.

Good news is that Rob has returned recently, but back to his roots in the CFS2 basement where the welcome is very much warmer. If you PM him, you never know? The CFS2 forum sets a fine example as to how the rest of the SOH should be.

regarsds,
    Jamie

PS. Thinking about it, Rob continued uploading to other sites, do a search on the big two for 'Brian Hill'.

The repaints for which I posted a link are by Brian Hill. And fsafranek is absolutely right - my link is dead after less than 12 hours. A search on that name, though, will find not just the Tempests but a number of other very nice looking repaints.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Rob, I think, left for a while due to being disillusioned with the naysayers that we all know exist on this site. He was one of two VERY prolific painters from CFS2/FS9 I can think of who were belittled when posting on the FSX forum by said naysayers, both left.

Good news is that Rob has returned recently, but back to his roots in the CFS2 basement where the welcome is very much warmer. If you PM him, you never know? The CFS2 forum sets a fine example as to how the rest of the SOH should be.

regarsds,
    Jamie

PS. Thinking about it, Rob continued uploading to other sites, do a search on the big two for 'Brian Hill'.
    Cheers Jamie

Although I've been here for years.. it's only recently I've been 'active' so the incidents you mention have passed me by. This said.. I probably know who the naysayers are.. it doesn't take long for certain names to attract ones attention!! For my part.. all the paints of his I have are the very best examples for the models they fit. I'll fire off a PM

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    The repaints for which I posted a link are by Brian Hill. And fsafranek is absolutely right - my link is dead after less than 12 hours. A search on that name, though, will find not just the Tempests but a number of other very nice looking repaints.
    David,

Here are links to the (magnificent I might add) repaints by Brian Hill:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=140141

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=140132

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=140149

And Roger is indeed right. The FCS Tempest, although nicely modeled, is in dire need of good sounds!

Cheers,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    And Roger is indeed right. The FCS Tempest, although nicely modeled, is in dire need of good sounds!

Cheers,

Johan
    Lawdog did some Napier Sabre sounds for CFS2, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=944&page=2

His stuff is usually really nice, might be worth a try?

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Lawdog did some Napier Sabre sounds for CFS2, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=944&page=2

His stuff is usually really nice, might be worth a try?

Jamie
    Thanks Jamie! Downloading and about to test!

EDIT: downloaded, installed and tried. Brilliant sounds!

Cheers,

Johan
    Last edited by Dumonceau; May 31st, 2015 at 04:26. Reason: results

Thanks Johan - those are the three I found yesterday.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Bought the 'Hawker Heroes' pack last week and thought I'd try painting the Tempest. I managed to contact RobH and he has very kindly allowed me to use his base paint kit developed for the paints of Roland Beamont's JN751, etc. This is my rendition of a 249 Sqdn. Mk.VI based at Habbaniya, Iraq, around 1947. The RAF was undergoing a post-war rethink of markings and this is my best guess. Still a WIP

Still got lots of work to do on weathering and texturing.

DaveQ

PS. Am I going crazy or does the prop look as if it's been put in back to front??

Shame because it flies very well, perhaps unrealistically so??
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hmm.. it's gone through fine pitch and beyond!! I'd not noticed that before Dave.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. it's gone through fine pitch and beyond!! I'd not noticed that before Dave.

ATB
    DaveB
    I noticed this too when seeing a screenshot of it parked, and the engine stopped.

Pity it was never fixed!

Nice repaint btw DaveQ.

Cheers

Paul

Can we take it this project (Milviz Tempest Mk.V) is a Norwegian Blue?? The Hawker Heroes one is fine apart from the prop being put on a*** about face. Having been fortunate enough to have been given RobH's layered originals to work from, I don't really want this 249 Sqdn. paint to be the last. Should soon be up here if anyone's interested.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Very interested Dave...and any more you might care to paint.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Btw I seem to recall an issue with the tail lights. I adjusted them to show correctly:

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.0 = 4, -2.50, -0.80, 2.00, fx_vclight
    light.1 = 3, 2.60, -20.20, -1.10, fx_navred
    light.2 = 3, 2.60, 20.20, -1.10, fx_navgre
    light.3 = 3, -20.25, -0.60, 0.70, fx_navwhi
    light.4 = 3, -20.25, 0.60, 0.70, fx_navwhi

light.5 = 4, -2.50, 0.80, 2.00, fx_vclight
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Dave,

Of course I'm interested in your repaint

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Can we take it this project (Milviz Tempest Mk.V) is a Norwegian Blue?? The Hawker Heroes one is fine apart from the prop being put on a*** about face. Having been fortunate enough to have been given RobH's layered originals to work from, I don't really want this 249 Sqdn. paint to be the last. Should soon be up here if anyone's interested.

DaveQ
    This is now available here. I've 'modelled' the wing root intakes that distinguish the VI from the V by adding them to the bump maps. It's the best I can do.

Hi,

We (MV) have nothing to do with this project.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We (MV) have nothing to do with this project. Thank you.

Kat.
    It's all right Katoun, some people just haven't read the thread title. The Norwegian Blue reference was a good one.

Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We (MV) have nothing to do with this project.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Sorry Kat, my bad!

Members who have read this thread: 19