Iris easter eggs!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iris easter eggs!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Iris easter eggs!

Some new freeware aircraft from Iris here: http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ha...ster-eggs-2013

The IRIS Easter Eggs is a new tradition which will see various projects either in development or closed off, released to the public as freeware or donationware.
    This year features four aircraft from the IRIS workshops;

• IRIS CRJ-200
    • IRIS CRJ-900
    • IRIS Sentinel R.1
    • IRIS Global Express XRS

All the aircraft feature high resolution external artwork and custom sound-packs. They all make use of the default FSX CRJ cockpit and systems along with the default CRJ Flight Models.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Nice looking models, now let's hope someone's willing to do a few paints..

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Yes its a very nice model, I will be looking into repainting this one, if it does not get too complicated...

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Free is sometimes really good. Here is a pic I took of the flight test CRJ-1000 if anyone is interested.

Attachment 83926
    I pass gas!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thank you Iris and Happy Easter to Iris and Co.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Playing with the paintkit, a lot to be done yet...

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Navy err, please USCG. We don't get much attention. Ok middle grounds the USMC for my Jarhead wife who will be home now end of April from MUGM. Darn delays.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

As a honest developer we have to ensure we do not abuse or mishandle other people or companies' intellectual property. With this moral belief that many of us professionals must adhere to, I am not trying to be cynical or discourage Iris's good intentions. I am only saying this to protect SOH, so they do not get into trouble for condoning piracy. I must mention that the "Easter Egg" they have given, violates Microsoft's rights as the owner of the Bombardier_CRJ_700_Interior.MDL in the FSX installation which they added to their "Easter Egg" files they have given you.

Tim, If you have a problem with IRIS please take it directly to them. This kind of controversy should be between you and IRIS not on the SOH public forum. Thanks
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Tim, If you have a problem with IRIS please take it directly to them. This kind of controversy should be between you and IRIS not on the SOH public forum. Thanks
    Stovall,

I can assure it has nothing to do with Iris, I was just looking out for the forum. It had came to my attention from a number of people that the MDLs they placed in that package belong to Microsoft. Please forgive me for letting you know.

I do not understand why you responded so harshly when I have not attacked or said anything bad about Iris.

Installing it now, wondering how much the Sentinel differs from the UK Mil release. The Navy Skin looks great, if it released would you have problems with me using it as a what if for VP-65? And as much as it hurts me to admit, being a Navy Lifer, the Coasties do need some love with that bird too, it'd look great flying out of San Diego or Sacramento or any other place the tend to lurk about.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Tim by mentioning the condoning of Piracy seems to me you are inferring that IRIS would be a guilty of piracy. If you think this is true please take it up with IRIS directly and not on our forum. I can assure you the administrators here will be checking if piracy is truly involved.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Tim by mentioning the condoning of Piracy seems to me you are inferring that IRIS would be a guilty of piracy. If you think this is true please take it up with IRIS directly and not on our forum. I can assure you the administrators here will be check if piracy is truly involved.
    Stovall,

I think you should refrain first from your post that I have a problem with Iris. I have not said anything here to the fact. Second, I am glad I got your attention about the severity of the situation concerning piracy when they packaged a Microsoft file you purchase with Flight Simulator X in their free product. It's simple and I am sure the admins will see hey Tim was right.

Next I would appreciate it if you gave me the respect I deserve especially when I have not disrespected you.
    It's only common courtesy.

Thanks Tom,
    Tim, To protect the SOH a pm to any staff or admin would have sufficed. Now we will leave it there.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Tom,
    Tim, To protect the SOH a pm to any staff or admin would have sufficed. Now we will leave it there.
    Thank you Roger,

I now know, and next time I will find an admin and send a PM. I apologize, I was just trying to bring it to SOH attention.

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    Installing it now, wondering how much the Sentinel differs from the UK Mil release. The Navy Skin looks great, if it released would you have problems with me using it as a what if for VP-65? And as much as it hurts me to admit, being a Navy Lifer, the Coasties do need some love with that bird too, it'd look great flying out of San Diego or Sacramento or any other place the tend to lurk about.
    I love the idea of a USCG San Diego Sentinel The way to figure the USCG with this bird is to follow our HU25 Falcon fleet, they love KSAN, KPIE, KOPF and KNGP. We have around 6 HU25's at KNGP Corpus Christi CGAS atm. We Smell hurricane and interdiction season coming me thinks.

Wish I could try out the Sentinel, it looks like a very nice model indeed... I somehow managed to delete my default CRJ 700 panel folder. Dooohhhhh

All the interior model bedlam could have been avoided if the model.cfg [Iris CRJ 200] reads:

[models]
    normal=CRJ200_FSX
    interior=..\..\Bombardier_CRJ_700\model\Bombardier _CRJ_700_Interior

Now the default CRJ 700 interior is aliased and there's no need to include the interior model file in the download.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Torkington View Post
    Wish I could try out the Sentinel, it looks like a very nice model indeed... I somehow managed to delete my default CRJ 700 panel folder. Dooohhhhh

All the interior model bedlam could have been avoided if the model.cfg [Iris CRJ 200] reads:

[models]
    normal=CRJ200_FSX
    interior=..\..\Bombardier_CRJ_700\model\Bombardier _CRJ_700_Interior

Now the default CRJ 700 interior is aliased and there's no need to include the interior model file in the download.
    Good point Dave. Perhaps IRIS could consider this as an alternative.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Having fun with the Sentinel from CGAS Kodiak to CGAS Casco Cove.

Montie, fantastic shot and paint. Thanks for sharing.

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Some new freeware aircraft from Iris here: http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ha...ster-eggs-2013
    Thanks for the h/u :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Update on their facebook:

Just a heads up that I'm done with version 1.1 of the Easter Eggs product and the file now weighs in at about 140Mb with the new additions.

The downside is that it's about an hour and a half left on the upload with my ISP and it's already 2.20am here.

So I'm going to call it a night I'm afraid. I've taken the product page down so not to cause confusion and as soon as I wake up in the morning, I'll make sure the file uploaded correctly and make it available on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Thanks for the h/u :salute:
    what is the right filesize? since I get ivalid download warning on extract