Milviz P-38J/L "Red Bull" Redux - Released
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Milviz P-38J/L "Red Bull" Redux - Released

Milviz P-38J/L "Red Bull" Redux - Released

In preparation for the all new Milviz P-38J Lightning, we are proud to announce the re-release of an old classic, the Milviz P-38J/L "Red Bull" Redux.

With updated flight dynamics, modified external and internal models/textures, we are sure you'll have an amazing time zipping by your competition at Reno Air races.

To Purchase, follow this link: http://milviz.com/fs/<wbr>item.php?id=P-38RB

All the best, Diego

Diego, - Since I don't see a forum for the P-38 on the Milviz site yet, I'll ask here. I don't see a pilots POH in the install so I don't know if the answer Is there. I installed it. It is positively gorgeous but I can't I can't get it started. For both the mixture controls and mags, they snap back to closed/off on all the usual ways to move then. Clicking the mags gets the to go on but they immediately snap off. With the mixtures, I have them mapped to an axis on my G940. I also tried manually moving them and ctrl-shift-F4. They won't stay open so no start. Am I missing something? - Glenn

Open the kneeboard. It contains all the relevant information.

Sorry for the missing manual. We're working on that RIGHT now.

Charter Member 2012
    For a simple visual, just start with all toggle switches on the lower right side of the forward panel in the forward (up) position. You'll probably only have to left click one of the pair of battery toggle switches. You may not see that part of thr panel without pulling the yoke back, or you can hide the yoke by flipping the unmarked toggle nearest the lower left hand corner of the instrument panel.

Next, unlock the left mixture switch by left clicking on the black button on top of the left red lever - you should hear a click. Then control-e, and both engines will start in sequence.

That got it. I had found the "hide the yoke" switch. I remembered something like that on the older release. Of course, the clipboard had the answer but I had not thought to check that. Please don't misread this comment but there is no common practice among developers on using the clipboard so I don't go to it for there as a first check point. First flight: She's a hand full and that's a very good thing. :salute: - Glenn PS: Still can't get my 'enter' <enter>key to work in the SOH forum.</enter>

A little photoshoot...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    There are now forums! Was a pain in the rear to do on my IPad. Cannot wait for my laptop to arrive. Hope everyone is enjoying the P-38 so far, and if you need support email me at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com. Will be sure to get you in ASAP.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Why is the Red Bull name missing from the nose? Legal issues?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Yes... better to be safe rather than sorry in these days of litigation...

It's easy enough to add...

Actually, the plane was like this earlier on in its career:

Attachment 83925

As Colin says, it would be a good and easy exercise for the talented painters to turn it into its current guise.

Outstanding exercise in creating a polished metal finish.

Not for me however as I really detest this sort of over the top 'restoration', but that's my personal opinion.
    The rest of the RBR collection is interesting but suffers from the same treatment, the B25 in particular.
    However, kudos to Milviz for an impeccable job.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hey, back from my holidays and a new P-38?
    How does this compare with my previous favorite, the FSD P-38?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Hey, back from my holidays and a new P-38?
    How does this compare with my previous favorite, the FSD P-38?
    http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=P-38RB

Here's the info. I'll let Diego or Colin fill you in. But it's greatly improved. The FDE alone is worth it, aside from the visual improvements IMO.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

The external UV's are the same so your repaints should fit nicely. We did do some minor esthetic clean ups and also modified the parts that are modified on the Redbull.

As well, we did enhance the reflectivity by making it alpha dependent so that will add some pizazz as well.

We are, however, looking at redoing the external paint for the P-38L redux. Not sure yet... opinions are welcome though.

Thank you for the info, I'll wait for the L then!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Blog Entries
    This is the Redbull skin I did for my previous version of this beauty, placed on the Milviz release. Hope no one minds if I share.

I spent quite a bit of time enhancing the bumps to create a truly natural looking skin and also worked on the skin color and reflectives...makes quite a stunning aircraft.
    This one in motion is absolutely gorgeous.
    The Milviz improvements are quite dramatic if you have flown the earlier versions. The aircraft is a dream to fly. Taxi is much more user intensive...adding to the realism. Thanks for a great release.
    Anticipating the new one with relish...

Gman

Attachment 84024

Attachment 84025

Attachment 84026

Attachment 84027

Attachment 84028

Attachment 84029

This one below is a fictional version I did just for fun. The aluminum is more representative of an actual factory aircraft.

Attachment 84030
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

That looks stunning gman!

Are you going to share these paints?

You are not making it easy for me to resist

A Bernt FDE is good enough a reason to buy with no further endorsement...

I have seen the RBR P-38 the last two years at Flying Legends... Up close and personal...

I am hoping for its participation this year as well...

Now, where was that store link?

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    That looks stunning gman!

Are you going to share these paints?

My paints are actually based on the J. I don't want to put the horse in front of the cart, so I'll wait 'till the gents at Milviz release the new bird, then I'll contribute my work. I'll probably want to tweak the paints to maximize the new version. Milviz enabled all the painter friendly tweaks in the model so updated skins will even better than the pics I posted. This model is alpha sensitive, so the possibilities are very tantilizing.
    Right now I've got three versions of aluminum skin from service worn to high polish, and a few various paints I can put into the library as well.
    Thanks for the compliment. I do work hard on these conversions and appreciate the input.

G
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

GMan, great job there... just compared these with my close ups of the actual aircraft taken last year in summer...

I am currently trying to fathom out how to activate the RXP GNS's... I see the entries in the panel.cfg, but I must be having a bad hair day, as I cannot see what I need to comment out...

I couldn't find any info or manual on this either... Is this what is being worked on currently?

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Dang! That is nice. MilViz does some great work.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

one thing I forgot to ask, are there any plans for earlier models than the J and L? The engine shape is already there in the redbull model. Add some turbosuperchargers and bingo!

We are only doing the L at this time. The cockpits for the older birds are pretty different so not really an option.

Sorry.

Gman, OUTSTANDING work!!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 55