Carenado C172 is out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carenado C172 is out

6297J

Carenado 172N

Is out -

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/bu...id_producto=65

I'll be interested to see just how many people rush to get this one.

Carenado C172 is out

Looking at the Carenado site this morning it looks like their C172N Skyhawk II for FSX is now for sale. I'm very glad of this as I have gotten fed up waiting for Flight 1 to release a native FSX version of their 172.

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/bu...id_producto=65

"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

absolutely a piece of art :amen:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Thanx for the news :ernae:
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for this one too. I have the Flight 1 C-172 and use it a lot, but I expect this one to be a winner.

Jim

Videre Vincere Est

Purchased it........WOW!

The visual model is excellent, and she flies like the real thing! The only thing missing, is something even Carenado cannot provide....The sensation of force (not The Force, but gravity).

Excellent bird, for a fair price.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Looks great, Carenado makes great planes, I plan on adding it to my hangar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6297J
    I really hope the Arrow is hot on it's heels though

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

i don't think i'll get this one. i might have if it came with a glass panel or something nifty like that, but as it is, i have the default one, and i don't fly it that much. i use the 182 and the 206 much more

I'll be buying tonight. =Glenn

Videre Vincere Est

Question

The only odd thing about the model is that it seems to lack static discharge wicks.

I have not seen any Cessna 172 without them in the real life, are there any?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Another great Addon for Cessna-Fans (like me ) - great fun to fly her

Dang it! This looks like a beauty, but where is that FSX-native V-35 Bonanza? I hope that one is next on their list.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

gajit
    Downloading now :friday:

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    The only odd thing about the model is that it seems to lack static discharge wicks.

I don't know about older ones, but the C172SP that I flew had no static wicks. Indeed a quick search of airliners.net searching for "172N" reveals very with static wicks.

The only problem I had with Sierra Papa was that with only two PoB, she abjectly refused to land. You had to carry someone in the back as ballast! :whistle:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessn...awk/0495574/L/

Ian P.
    (Edit 1: My normal mount was a bit smaller... http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-152/1131161/L/)
    (Edit 2: The first ever aircraft I flew. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-152-II/1394244/M/)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post

I got my PPL flying a 1976 and 1969 Skyhawk, and I think they may have only had a single static wick on each wing or maybe only one on the tail.

Even if the wicks were originally fitted from the factory, I've seen quite a few older 172's missing them outright, and the only real consequence of not having the wicks is that the radios can get really crackly in the right conditions.

Newer 172's on the other hand, are basically static wick farms, the G1000 is now standard and is probably more sensitive to random electrical fields than the radios in the older airplanes.

So, how is it guys? Does it have the same Nav-O-Matic as the other Carenado Cessnas? I'd like an option for more updated avionics.

Jim

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    (Edit 2: The first ever aircraft I flew. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-152-II/1394244/M/)
    Did you leave it like that after your first flight?:Banane18:

:d

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Jim,

Look at the screen shot at the top - no autopilot. There is a cover over the spot where it was in the other Cessnas. I have about a half hour in it now. I like - a lot. It is very much like the first one I flew. I think it may have had newer navcoms but that's all. I think I'll have the 50th anniversery aircraft in my personal avionics shop pretty soon. So far, I have found no squacks. What's there works as it should. Has anyone clicked on the ash trays yet?

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Guess I may have to learn to do some panel mods.

Jim

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    Jim,

Look at the screen shot at the top - no autopilot. There is a cover over the spot where it was in the other Cessnas. I have about a half hour in it now. I like - a lot. It is very much like the first one I flew. I think it may have had newer navcoms but that's all. I think I'll have the 50th anniversery aircraft in my personal avionics shop pretty soon. So far, I have found no squacks. What's there works as it should. Has anyone clicked on the ash trays yet?

Glenn
    What do you need an autopilot for in a bird like this anyway? The bird flies itsself! This Cessna is all about nostalgics, bit of trimming here, little course adjustment there, carburator heater, primer....the works. What a joy to fly, and what a nice step back to the basics. I clicked on the ashtray's but they remain shut. Is this a Carenado attempt to force me quit smoking? :Banane40:

Can't even open the window to toss my frikkin fag out :Banane36:

:Banane21: (darn, i love these new smilies)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Careful what you say about fag's Warrant, our American friends might take it the wrong way. It's probably a good thing you didn't say fag butt
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Videre Vincere Est
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Careful what you say about fag's Warrant, our American friends might take it the wrong way. It's probably a good thing you didn't say fag butt
    For all our American friends: A Fag is English for a sigaret :faint:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Hint about the ash tray - check the tool tips. Warrant is correct - the only time I ever use the AP on the real airplane (a G1000 C172) is when I want to play with the electronics. That's what makes the $400 hamburger so much fun. I'm showing my age - I do remember when "fag" meant something other than what it does now.

Glenn

Carenado's gone to a new panel design - knobs built into the model. There is also a bitmap that lays over the area about where the second radio would go. Oh, well, back to the original. :faint:

Glenn