Payakan's FS9 Heinkel He115B-1 converted for CFS2 by Kelti!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payakan's FS9 Heinkel He115B-1 converted for CFS2 by Kelti!

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon22 Payakan's FS9 Heinkel He115B-1 converted for CFS2 by Kelti!

Hi everybody!

While doing some download library rearrangments I stumbled upon a 2d panel, reworked by Obio, for "Alphasim Heinkel He 115 floatplane".

Since the He 115 floatplane is an important plane for the North Sea war theatre and I am missing it, I started serching for it but I haven't found it anywhere, so far.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

This is a modified version of that old AlphaSim plane, by OBIO. I'm not sure, but I guess he uploaded only to the forum

Attachment 82855

From the readme:

This is the freeware ALphaSim HE-115, after being run through Chuch Dome's Tex512 utility to convert the model from using the antiquated AF99 style texture files to the more modern BMP style texture files. The texture files can now be resized all the way up to 1024 by 1024 for ultimate detail inclusion. I have also added a panel for the plane.

You will need to download the original AlphaSim He-115 to get the weapons files as I do not have them on hand.

You will also need to download the stand alone panel set that I uploaded for this plane to get the gauges I used.

OBIO
    I think I have the original plane somewhere, but that will take me a bit longer to find.
    Greetings from Spain

Kelti,

Check your E-mail.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Thank you very much, JapLance and Jagdflieger!!!

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:

Have Anyone this Plane?

I can't found on Sim-Outhouse. Is a good Torpedo Plane.

You can find it at the Alpha/Virtavia freeware page (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php). Its inside the collective download AlphaSim_really_old_freeware.zip

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Payakan's He115

Hi ElsnerMarkus,

in alternative there's Payakan's He115. Not multi-res, yet a nicer model than old Alpha's He115.

TO RAMI:

I can't find Payakan's He115 in the German planes library: should I upload a copy?

Cheers!
    KH

Kelti,
    Why not upload the one I modded for you, and the texs you tweaked?

When.................I get time, I will finish the 115 I've been doing.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Kelti,
    Why not upload the one I modded for you, and the texs you tweaked?......Shessi
    Hi there!

Exactly what I had in mind Shessi, I'll pack it up and upload it for everybody's enjoyment.

Cheers!
    KH

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    I wish someone would multi-lod all pf Payakan's birds. May be a bit problematic getting permissions however.

Smile Upload update

Quote Originally Posted by oldwheat View Post
    I wish someone would multi-lod all pf Payakan's birds. May be a bit problematic getting permissions however.
    I agree with you OW!

I am in the process of putting together an halfway decent 2d panel for this bird. I could not find any historical picture of her panel, I am updating a previous version of the Alphasim He115 by Obio. No VC in the original model either, I can't put together one sorry!

I hope to be done and upload by Friday.

Cheers!
    KH

Icon5 Front and rear gunner puzzle

Soorry folks,

I haven't finished yet, because I am trying to place defensive weapons in the nose and in the rear cockpit of this bird. Being designed for FS9, she hasn't got any.
    I added the He115 armament of two 7.7mm guns in the dp, but looking at these muzzle flashes with ghost gunners and guns is a little ridiculous.

Anyone out there knows if we have a machine gun object pointing towards the rear? I already placed a Lewis gun in her nose, but I am seriously thinking to get rid of it and use instead Buddha13's Supermarine Walrus front and rear gunner figures, which are equipped with guns, too.

I hope this isn't going to look too far fetched, but I have no other idea about how to resolve this He115 empty defensive stations puzzle.

Any suggestion?

Cheers!
    KH

Hi Kelti,
    Quite a few crew that could be fitted, but not with guns at the ready. The Walrus crew is about the best you'll do.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Kelti,
    Quite a few crew that could be fitted, but not with guns at the ready. The Walrus crew is about the best you'll do.

Cheers

Shessi
    Hi Shessi,

over the w-end I tried replacing the rear gunner figure with the Walrus RAF rear gunner, but the difference with the rest of Payakan's crew is so striking that it looks like a cartoon.

Before starting at the screen, I reverted back to the two Vickers guns, from Buddha13's Walrus gunner pack, only. One in the nose, one in the back cockpit. I am sorry, but the rear gun doesn't point upward, only horizontal (a whole bunch of dirty jokes could come out of this last statement....).

I finished correcting their muzzle flashes, entered correct gun data for 7.7mm guns and completed the payloads with the beautiful Dbolt's Luftwaffe weapons.
    I used Alphasim's 2d panel uploaded by Obio and inserted my popup engine, fuel and ADF navigation panels, similar to the ones I uploaded with NVG3d's MC205 pack, these are obviously made with German gauges.

I then chose Stuart Green's Arado Ar196 soundset with a sound.cfg configured for a twin-engined aeroplane, as both aircraft used BMW 9-cylinder radials. It's a nice soundset, different from the American 9-cylinder soundsets available. In this set I replaced scrape sounds with water splash sounds.

Last night I adapted a bowspray and water mist effect from another similar seaplane, this took a while, since these seaplane water splash effects are a bit complicated to modify.

Since you sent me your work, I had only started doing all of the above. Since this is a nice yet secondary aircraft, I was then sidetracked by several other projects. Now it's completed, I only have to write the readme and upload, soon.

Cheers!
    KH

Good stuff Kelti, wheeeeeeeeen........I get the time, and an ac I really have liked for many years, I WILL get back to the 115 I've been making. Meanwhile Payakan's 115 will do, as you say, as a secondary ac.

Cheers

Shessi

Icon22 Uploaded!

A good day to everybody!

I just uploaded Payakan's He115B-1 conversion. Shessi helped a lot by masking out unwanted details present in the original model.

I adapted Alphasim's He115B damage profile and flight model to this aircraft, and assembled payloads with Dbolt's Luftwaffe weapons. Being this model intended for a civilian sim, it did not come with defensive guns as it was in real life.
    So, I armed it with a forward and a rear firing standalone Lewis guns from Buddha13's "Walrus Gunners" pack. I apologise to the purists, there are no MG15 standalone machine gun models available to my knowledge, otherwise I would have gladly used them in place of the Lewis. Both gun files are enclosed here.
    Sadly, this model was not provided with bombdoor animation.

The original textures are by Payakan. The wing markings had a few glitches, which I corrected and repositioned according to Luftwaffe 1939-41 camouflage standards for bombers and floatplanes.

I believed the soundset comes from Stuart Green's Arado Ar196, but, when I went checking my archived downloads, I could not find it inside of Green's Ar196 package.
    At any rate, both planes were equipped with 856hp BMW 132K, 9-cylinder radials. I made a twin engine configuration and replaced scrape with splash sounds. If I wrongly assigned credit for the soundfiles, I hereby credit whoever made them and did a great job at that. It's a very nice radial engine soundset, differing from the British-US radial sounds commonly available.

The 2d panel bitmap comes from an early Obio upload, dedicated to Alphasim's old He115B model. I reworked it with popup engine, fuel management and NDB navigational aids windows, a rear gunner view and a bombsight. The same philosophy I applied to my MVG3d's M.C.205 Veltro conversion, no modern instruments or GPS, only NDB/ADF navigation, as it was during WWII.
    The Notes file in the package include all of the most popular ETO airport sceneries NDB from Achim and others. You can always edit it to add more.

Payakan did not build a VC panel, so there isn't any. I painted the letters in the fuel auxiliary panel, marking the spots for Left, Right and All tank switches and an OFF (AUF) switch. I have no idea who painted originally all of the popup panels I enclosed. I did not paint them and I give due credits to the original authors, unknown to me.

Included are alternative full disc and single blade prop textures, plus a Green Ghost-style DAP gauge-controlled water splash mist, bow and wake effects, as shown in the below screenshot.

It's in the CFS2-Aircraft-German section, I hope you'll enjoy it.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails He115_wake.jpg   Payakan_He115.jpg  

Payakan's FS9 Heinkel He115B-1 converted for CFS2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: CFS2 conversion of Richard Alexander van Hien's, a.k.a. Payakan, Heinkel He115B-1 floatplane for FS2004.

Conversion by Stefano 'kelticheart' Denti by means of Ivan Hsu/Morten Krogstad's conversion tools and corrected by Mark Shelley, a.k.a. Shessi.

Damage profile and flight model adapted from Alphasim's He115B, payloads made with Dbolt's Luftwaffe weapons. Soundset probably from Stuart Green's Arado Ar196, adapted by kelticheart with twin engine configuration and splash sounds.

Original textures by Payakan. Luftwaffe wing markings corrected by kelticheart, according to 1939-41 standards.

2d panel from Obio, reworked by kelticheart with popup engine, fuel management, NDB navigational aids, rear gunner view and a bombsight.

Included are alternative full disc and single blade prop textures plus a Green Ghost-style DAP gauge-controlled water wake effects.

Enjoy!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Payakan's FS9 Heinkel He115B-1 converted for CFS2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Blog Entries

Great addition!

Finally the addition I was waiting for!!! Good work!
    I have a panel just for it... that has been waiting in the wings forever... and I just started work on the one with this release... that
    I should have ready in no time...
    As usual, available to anyone interested via PM...
    The one I have finished can be used with the control column as a pop up... or without it... cropped or wide screen...

pilot and gunner figures...

Hey Kelti,

Did you end up getting a rear gunner?

I have Allen's Lewis gun that I could modify to work with one of MW's pilots. If your interested. I think the gun would need updating to that version. I believe is more of the early WWI type. I can't remember right off hand.

Let me know either way.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Looking into a MG15 inplace of the Lewis gun. I'll keep you posted.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thank you Stefano,
    for this great and much needed addon!!!

Thanks Kelti

Very nice work Kelti.
    Thanks for you efforts. Duo birra por te, (please excuse my spelling)
    Gaucho, that panel looks sensational. You can have two beers as well, or should I say, two buds?
    Cheers
    Stuart

Icon23 Better yet: new MG15

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Hey Kelti,

Did you end up getting a rear gunner?

I have Allen's Lewis gun that I could modify to work with one of MW's pilots. If your interested. I think the gun would need updating to that version. I believe is more of the early WWI type. I can't remember right off hand.

Let me know either way.
    Nice to hear from you, John!

The rear gunner is there already, as part of the model crew. A bit rough if you ask me. I tried replacing it with a better figure, but it should be done with all others, because the difference between the very simple crew figures modelled by Payakan and a new gunner becomes too great and unrealistic.
    I also thought of a front gunner, instead of a ghost one pulling the front gun trigger, but the He115 crew was only composed by 3 members, all already present in the cockpit.

I don't know if it's worth the effort, considering Shessi announced a new He115 model.

What would be nice instead is modelling a new set of standalone MG15 German guns, with the rear pointing upward.

Feel free to mod this model if you wish, any improvement is welcome. Anyone here is welcome to it, as usual.

Stuart: ta, mate! No need to excuse your spelling, I assure you that here you wouldn't go thirsty at all with it!

To everybody else: thank you for all of your nice comments!

Cheers!
    KH

P.S.: I discovered where the Arado Ar 196 BMW engine soundset comes from. It was sent to me back in 2006 by Fleurdelys, back then a SOH member, I don't know if he's still with us.
    Anyway, I just corrected the introductory description in the library.
    RAMI: My I send you or attach here corrected readme.txt and fileid.diz with the proper credit to Fleurdelys for the soundset?
    Last edited by kelticheart; February 20th, 2015 at 03:23.

Blog Entries

Thanky you very much for your kind words but...

No Buds for this guy... make it a Tekate, Dos Equis or Corona....

G.

Kelti, thanks! Very nice.
    This aircraft is an import part of the Norwegian WWII history. From wikipedia:

In response to the rising tensions in Europe, Norway had ordered six He 115Ns on 28 August 1939. From 14 July-13 November 1939, all six ordered aircraft were delivered to the Norwegian authorities.
    The Norwegians signed another order of six He 115Ns in December 1939, with delivery estimated to March/April 1940. The delivery of this second order was however stopped by the German invasion of Norway on 9 April 1940. At the outbreak of hostilities, the Royal Norwegian Navy Air Service had six He 115Ns in service (F.50, F.52, F.54, F.56, F.58, F.60) spread along the coast from the naval air stations at Sola and Flatøy in the south to the one at Skattøra Naval Air Station outside Tromsø in the north. At the beginning of the invasion, the aircraft at the seaplane base at Hafrsfjord near Stavanger (F.60) was captured by the Germans, but two of the Luftwaffe '​s He 115s (given the codes F.62 and F.64 in Norwegian service) were in turn seized by an improvised militia unit of Norwegian riflemen at Ørnes in Glomfjord, Nordland and by police officers at Brønnøysund, Nordland. The two aircraft were seized after they ran out of fuel and had to make emergency landings on 10 April. Manned by Norwegian aircrews, they served against their former owners for the duration of the campaign.
    Seven Norwegian He-115s, five of them He-115Ns, were employed against German and German-controlled ships (see: HNoMS Uller), as well as providing ground support to the Norwegian Army's offensive on the Narvik Front. On 14 April 1940 three Norwegian He 115s made a successful attack on German Ju-52s at Gullesfjordbotn. Four of the Norwegian aircraft (F.52, F.56, F.58 and F.64) made the journey to the United Kingdom shortly before the 10 June 1940 surrender, a fifth (F.50) escaping to Finland, landing on Lake Salmijärvi in Petsamo.[7] A sixth He 115 (F.54) also tried to make the journey to Britain, but was lost over the North Sea. The last of the Norwegian He 115s, F.62 (one of the two captured German aircraft), was unserviceable at the time of the evacuation and had to be abandoned at Skattøra, later being repaired and flown by the Germans.

I dont think there was any surviving 115s until an example was raised 2 June 2012 near Sola airport Stavanger. See vidoes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YKY3wnD3k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqucJPclIfI

Morton