DC3 Airways new style Kneeboard Problem...

Thread: DC3 Airways new style Kneeboard Problem...

DC3 Airways new style Kneeboard Problem...

Hi,
    There may be others of you who have this replacement kneeboard in your FS9 and i would appreciate assistance with it! One of it's options is to be able to replace the existing 'image.jpg' with one of your own...a map....a chart...etc which i think is great. Can I get it to work if I try my own image there? NO :isadizzy: Or rather, very intermittently ie once in 3 years.
    I am not doing something right, but it seems so simple a change that my brain has frozen trying to sort it. Mark Beaumont says that any size of image can be inserted, but I'm not sure about that.
    On the site it's listed under Gauges and I suppose it must have some xml code somewhere, but I can't find that either

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

If it's freeware, post a link to the download package so that someone here can take a look at it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi,
    thanks for the reply,
    I think this may be the link......

http://www.dc3airways.com/buttons/next_2.jpg

but if not, it's

DC-3 Airways,....
    ..Useful,.....
    ..Gauges, scroll down to 'kneeboard Add-on'....

Andy.

That's not the link at all !! that's just a picture of the button you push to get to the download. DOH

OK - I have the file. I'll try to get it installed into one of my planes later this weekend and play around with it. In the meantime, if someone else wants to do the same, feel free to jump in. I had a bit of a hard day mentally and don't plan on doing much other than being a vegetable the rest of the night... :isadizzy:
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi,
    thanks for that Tom. Whenever you get a chance!

Andy.

Well, as long as the image is named "image.jpg" and put into "Aircraft\DCA", I don't see what could go wrong.

Maybe the kneeboard doesn't like particularly large (> 1000-2000 pixels in either dimension) images?

Hi,

Mark specifically says the 'image' can be of any size and the airport chart included is a lot larger than the kneeboard so I don't think it's that.

I've tried various combinations image.jpg, image. jpg, Image.jpg, IMAGE.JPG .

Andy.

If your system is set to hide known filetype extensions, then you don't need to type the ".jpg" at the end. if you rename a jpg file to image.jpg with the real extensions hidden, then the system sees the name as image.jpg.jpg. You can see this setting by going to Folder Options in the control panel and clicking the View tab. The option reads "Hide extensions for known file types."
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi,

I really thought that might be it but even that didn't work. I'll have to go to DC3 Airways and join up !

Andy.