Gigantic FSX AI ship pack.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigantic FSX AI ship pack.

Members +
    Blog Entries

Gigantic FSX AI ship pack.

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Scene...rk=43266#43266

63 AI Ships and AI Ship traffic for Europe and South America by Henrik Neilsen. I'm just going downstairs in a moment to install this one and try it out, and quit spamming the forum like I have no lifeOk ,I don't have a life. But.
    Modern realworld civil ships, and a mighty load of them. The screens look fantastic, and I think I'm going to replace most of those bletchy default civvie ships.

Attachment 82258
    Attachment 82259
    Attachment 82260

My work being in the shipping business, I must say this seems to be quite convincing. I will definitely install. Thanks for the HU.

Looks like they can be used in AI Boats as well. That should make things interesting off the coat of Somalia
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Well it took some time, but now the next update is out with 130 new AI ships - 40 with helipads - and AI shipping routes for the North Sea and Norway and the Persian Gulf, the Suez Channel, the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. You will find everything at simviation, avsim, and flightsim. Search for "130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic"

As a long time ago I saw in this thread a request for a heavy lift ship it will by my first post on sim-outhouse

and there also pirates attacking it - 40 km North of Socotra Island

and a Danish frigate trying to defend the commercial ships

PS - I discussed with the Lazarus to expand the project to include Navy AI shipping in the next round - so far it has been strictly civil as there was a huge lack of civil ships in FSX and P3D, but with 268 ships in my three packages that should be resolved by now

Welcome kl791... and looking forward to your projects!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Looking forward to all your work would be great to see naval ai

Have gotten a lot of pleasure out of these packages in FSX and recommend them highly. Quick question - has anyone got them running in P3D2? I miss them but haven't yet tried to set them up. I should, but thought I'd ask ahead of time if anyone has gotten there before me and what the results were. Thanks in advance!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Funny, I installed an earlier version last year and it wiped out the rest of my AI. That usually points to an FS9 Traffic file lurking in the mix. Removing these ship files brought all the other AI back. I really like FSX ships and this work so will give it another try.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Funny, I installed an earlier version last year and it wiped out the rest of my AI. That usually points to an FS9 Traffic file lurking in the mix. Removing these ship files brought all the other AI back. I really like FSX ships and this work so will give it another try.
    I think this will be fine.

the readme says "Please notice that if you have FS9 AI air traffic files - e.g. WOAI - installed these most be converted to FSX format else FSX AI traffic will not appear. This file is made for use with FSX only. It will not work in FS2004."

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenL View Post
    I think this will be fine.

the readme says "Please notice that if you have FS9 AI air traffic files - e.g. WOAI - installed these most be converted to FSX format else FSX AI traffic will not appear. This file is made for use with FSX only. It will not work in FS2004."
    Thanks for passing on this info - it is simple to convert the FS9 files using AIFP2 - all the FS9 traffic.bgl's in the normal location in scenery/world/scenery are quickly identified and must be converted - however some sceneries include traffic.bgl's in scenery files in other locations e.g. in the addon scenery - these most also be identified and converted, but again - when I started this project I had all WOAI and loads more of old FS9 traffic files and it took maybe half an hour to find and convert everything - since then I have full WOAI and full shipping; and a whale or two also...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Have gotten a lot of pleasure out of these packages in FSX and recommend them highly. Quick question - has anyone got them running in P3D2? I miss them but haven't yet tried to set them up. I should, but thought I'd ask ahead of time if anyone has gotten there before me and what the results were. Thanks in advance!
    It has been tested with P3Dv2 and it works well - the screenshot on the cover of the documentation is from P3Dv2 - no need to use the spare effects included for P3Dv1 as the issue of the vertical wakes from P3Dv1 has been resolved - however the wake and effects are still not as nice in P3Dv2 as in FSX - but hopefully that will be corrected in a future version of P3D or we find another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    It has been tested with P3Dv2 and it works well - the screenshot on the cover of the documentation is from P3Dv2 - no need to use the spare effects included for P3Dv1 as the issue of the vertical wakes from P3Dv1 has been resolved - however the wake and effects are still not as nice in P3Dv2 as in FSX - but hopefully that will be corrected in a future version of P3D or we find another solution.
    Thanks - my follow-up question was going to be about the P3Dv1 effects, so now you've put me ahead of the game. I'll go ahead and start setting up the packages. Understood about the wakes but the overall effect of the traffic is so good that I'm happy to live with that compromise. Thanks again for all the work you've put into this - am looking forward to your future work.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

THANKS!!! Stunning AI ships!

Do any of the ships travel in the Gulf of Mexico?

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by rsgunner View Post
    Do any of the ships travel in the Gulf of Mexico?

Russ
    Hi Russ,
    Not until next weekend - I was having fun making the ships sail up to New Orléans yesterday. It is a bit narrow but it worked out - actually the standard FSX was quite okay, better than the Suez where I had to make a compromise between standard FSX and whatever realistic scenery is out there at the South end of the Channel.
    Anyway, Friday or Saturday I will upload the routes for the Mexican Gulf and update my package for the Carribean Sea so it contains all 268 ships.
    Best regards
    Henrik

Henrik

Thanks for the information.

Russ

The more Ships the better
    Shane Strong
    Graphic Artist

Sim: P3D 3.0

Find US on FaceBook: Sim Scenery Makers
    Working With:
    Tranquil's Treatment Non-Profit Organization &
    Beta Tester: Simaddons
    strong@eastlink.ca

Do any of the ships travel in the Gulf of Mexico? Russ
    It is getting closer

Looks good. Can you do a couple into Panama City Florida?

Russ

Looks good. Can you do a couple into Panama City Florida? Russ
    Done :-) 12 ships - a new one docking at the mill every second hour...

Thanks.

Very impressive.

Russ

Hi
    Here is the beta for the AI shipping routes for the Mexican Gulf:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3yic62l8mp3uir/96A0-sDYIU

In case you download please leave your feed back - I only have the default scenery for the US Gulf Coast, and I would like to know how it works with other sceneries - freeware as well as payware.

The AI routes focuses around Galveston, Corpus Christi, and Mobile, but you will find traffic also all the way up to New Orléans and spread over the Mexican Gulf including cruise destinations like Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. The routes also adds additional traffic to the Caribbean Sea especially with some new cruise ships, which I had not done when I did my first route pack for the Caribbean Sea last year.
    In order to use the files you need to download the ships from www.avsim.com, www.flightsim.com or www.simviation.com The routes uses ships from all three main packages "63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic", "75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic", and the new "130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic" uploaded last week - Galveston is e.g. visited by more than a 100 different ships during a one week cycle.

The Gulf Coast ports are slightly tricky because in all of them the ships most pass a narrow opening to enter the Gulf so one thing to look out for is collisions.

Installation is simple copy all bgl files from scenery/world/scenery in my dropbox to scenery/world/scenery FSX or P3D.

If I start a flight at approximately 1400 hrs EST and fly out into the Gulf of Mexico south of Pensacola what would the ETA of ships into the area?

I installed the beta file and the ship files from AVSIM.

Russ

If I start a flight at approximately 1400 hrs EST and fly out into the Gulf of Mexico south of Pensacola what would the ETA of ships into the area?

I installed the beta file and the ship files from AVSIM.

Russ
    If you follow the coast to the West from Pensacola at 14:00 local you would find 3 tankers outside the entrance to Mobile bay, a heavylife ship in the bay and another 3 ships in Mobile - it is not possible to give timings - the routes are long - some will have a ship passing every half hour, some every hour, some every six hours, and a few with large tankers there is only one ship on the route and depending on where you are at the route the tanker will pass with an interval of 2 - 22 hours...
    If you don't find anything then go to Galveston and check there - if you find nothing there either you have an installation problem. In the manual there is a complete instruction on what to do if traffic does not show up. Most likely FS9 files in the vicinity or settings for ships below 5 %.