[FS2004] Freeware RAF Gutersloh - PREVIEW - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [FS2004] Freeware RAF Gutersloh - PREVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    I for one am really looking forward to your hides. And while I will use the GR9 version even if it bigger then scale I will enjoy having someplace new and exciting to fly from. Now if somebody could build a good Lusty, Ark Royal or Cavour with a ski jump Ill be Harrier Happy

Sean
    There is a Cavour over at FS-Shipyards; and, just today at Flightsim, the Italian CVL Giuseppe Garibaldi - not had a chance to install it yet, but has to be worth checking out.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Hi chaps,

yes, it is a neverending story about good Harrier GR3 models - I agree with Zsolt. Only GR3 model for this era is definitely the UKMIL with its different versions, but very filthy modelled - no VC, wrong textures, no landing lights etc. But you can live with, Zsolt. It is freeware and I pimped it with new sound files and reworked aircraft.cfg with nice ground behaviour. Can send you, if you like.

The IRIS/Sigma looks fine, but is a no go - because it is modelled in a wrong scale! It is aprox 1.3 to 1, so wingspan and length much bigger than reality!

So if your dissatisfaction goes on, please wait for the FSX version (RAF Gutersloh and the Hides that should start after the FS9 Hides releases). I got the Razbam for the GR7 version and - maybe I will buy the Wilco GR3....That's for hope...
    What have you done to the UKMIL GR3 aircraft.cfg file.

Hi Tom,

there are following improvements:

1. Revised steering behaviour on ground:
    - closer radius for better movements into the hides or in front of HAS - you now can almost spot turn
    - Bigger range of spring - now you have the realistic Harrier nodding when stopping

2. Added "Soundlabs" awesome sound - among others you can hear the characteristic "discharging" jet whine sound after touchdown

3. Added weapon effects:

Cannon fire on the Aden Gun Pods on fuselage

It also comes with sound and animated bullit casings...

Drop effect of 500lbs Hunting BL 755 bombs

After some trials of altitude, you can see them explode on ground. Odd: Because it is a "rotate to user" texture-effect, bombs are fixed to the users view

But I'm satisfied

Both effects are downloaded third party freeware you can get at i. e. flightsim or avsim. But I reworked the textures and positions to adjust it to the Harrier...
    Best regards, Manfred.

SOH-CM-2023
    well I spent the evening playing around with Harriers on the Cavour as well as at Gutersloh and here are my thoughts. The size difference between the gr7/9 and the gr1/3 is very noticeable especially trying to maneuver on the carrier. the gr1/3 seemed to fit better on the deck. the gr1/3 however handled really weird on the ground it was like the main gear wasnt firmly on the ground it just kinda wallowed around. Already noted but there is no VC in the gr1/3. Are ther solutions for these issues? Also the Carvour doesnt have any kind of deck equipment on the main deck. Anybody know how to put some extra aircraft on it?

Sorry if this is way off topic but I cant wait for the hides to come out

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Also the Carvour doesnt have any kind of deck equipment on the main deck. Anybody know how to put some extra aircraft on it?

Sean
    Search for "italian_sh-3d_ai_libg.zip" (possibly "libg" will be all you need); this is a set of Italian repaints and flightplans for the Sea King by Giorgio Perotti ('Bismarck', for those of you who hang out at MAIW). When I get some time I'm going to try to add some extra flights to the MAIW Italian Harriers plans to populate them (and the Garibaldi) even further.
    Andy

Hi Tom,

there are following improvements:

1. Revised steering behaviour on ground:
    - closer radius for better movements into the hides or in front of HAS - you now can almost spot turn
    - Bigger range of spring - now you have the realistic Harrier nodding when stopping

2. Added "Soundlabs" awesome sound - among others you can hear the characteristic "discharging" jet whine sound after touchdown

3. Added weapon effects:

Cannon fire on the Aden Gun Pods on fuselage

It also comes with sound and animated bullit casings...

Drop effect of 500lbs Hunting BL 755 bombs

After some trials of altitude, you can see them explode on ground. Odd: Because it is a "rotate to user" texture-effect, bombs are fixed to the users view

But I'm satisfied

Both effects are downloaded third party freeware you can get at i. e. flightsim or avsim. But I reworked the textures and positions to adjust it to the Harrier...
    How would I install it into the aircraft.

Hi Tom,

email sent...
    Best regards, Manfred.

SOH-CM-2023
    I too would like to know how to make the GR1/3 more realistic. Can you share the process with me?

Thanks,
    Sean

Okay, the final adding to the scene for sure - an engine replacement in the fields as often done those days...

Best regards, Manfred.

Wow!!! It looks absolutely stunning!

Cheers,
    Huub

Charter Member 2011

Season's Greetings...

Manfred, about 14 months ago, i dropped a longshot question into this thread, which to my delight turned out to be your WIP Harrier hides!

In the last year we have seen some excellent screens of this, and I wondered if this might be wrapped in nice mistletoe paper in time for Christmas 2014?
    Would make a lot of folk very happy to have something like that in the sim for the holidays!

SOH-CM-2023
    This so cool. I cant wait for it to see the light of day.

Merry Christmas All.
    Sean

Oh folks, I know about the crux of the matter - but believe, it is foreseeable now! My german BETA testers are doing a (far too) good job so far and helped to eliminate most of elementary issues. Then, they unfortunately ask for possible solution to eliminate minor mistakes. After this, they detected things so small that makes this small but value addons real payware quality.... Sceneries will come with seasonal textures and lots of time tweaks that show vehicles, equipment and groundcrew at work at different places and times... Hopefully, when the ACGs team testing with the sensational RAF Wattisham (for FS9 and FSX both) is ready (please, take a look at: http://airfieldconstructiongroup.org...t=935&start=70 ), the guys over there will also help me with their experience to do the final BETA. I know it is worth waiting for (hopefully you still have FS9 installed LOL).....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Oh folks, I know about the crux of the matter - but believe, it is foreseeable now! My german BETA testers are doing a (far too) good job so far and helped to eliminate most of elementary issues. Then, they unfortunately ask for possible solution to eliminate minor mistakes. After this, they detected things so small that makes this small but value addons real payware quality.... Sceneries will come with seasonal textures and lots of time tweaks that show vehicles, equipment and groundcrew at work at different places and times... Hopefully, when the ACGs team testing with the sensational RAF Wattisham (for FS9 and FSX both) is ready (please, take a look at: http://airfieldconstructiongroup.org...t=935&start=70 ), the guys over there will also help me with their experience to do the final BETA. I know it is worth waiting for (hopefully you still have FS9 installed LOL)..... All a happy new year and all the best for 2015 !!!!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    How would I install it into the aircraft.
    Hi Manschy,I am totally looking foward to this project,are you also going to add the upgrade,and special effects package for the harriers with the base too?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hi Manschy,I am totally looking foward to this project,are you also going to add the upgrade,and special effects package for the harriers with the base too?
    Hi, no, the UKMIL GR3 special is just a small private package I've done for myself (to better the aircraft behaviour) and doesn't deal with the upcoming Harrier Hides packages.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi, no, the UKMIL GR3 special is just a small private package I've done for myself (to better the aircraft behaviour) and doesn't deal with the upcoming Harrier Hides packages.
    Any chance that you could please upload your UKMIL Gr3 Harrier updates?

Hi, maybe later on. Currently very busy with testing and completing the Harrier Hides....
    Best regards, Manfred.

I know it's a shame that it needs so much time until release. But I have to say again, it is a product growing in my spare time. BETA test is going on well and with fine progress and you will get high detailed and stunning sceneries.

Here some more pics as a proof of progress

All pics are taken from the construction period few days before manouvre starts.... All models you can see will appear in the sceneries as well....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Charter Member 2011
    Thanks for sharing the shots.
    It's a long journey, true.
    Good to see you are enjoying it, ultimately that's what counts.

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody has heard any news on this project? I am still waiting to get it when its available.

Sean

Just to ask for some more patience - but that's life

Just because it is a hobby and some circumstances in life, sometimes things don't come to be that quick as expected. So please keep on bearing with this project. Currently, the really complex AI traffic is tested at least.
    Best regards, Manfred.

SOH-CM-2023
    Oh hey Manfred I understand completely. Im just excited to try it out. Still really looking forward to it!! Thanks to you and your whole team.

Sean

Blog Entries

Tree bgl?

Hello,

Am really enjoying the FS2004 version in FSX - wondering, though - which are the tree bgls? I'd like to take those out as they aren't showing properly in FSX. Otherwise, and by thinning out a few of the ground vehicles - I'm very happy with this scenery!

thanks!

dl

Rework of RAF Gutersloh_X just has been started http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...treply&t=95796 ... And yes, the FS2004 version isn't put on hold...
    Best regards, Manfred.