problems with FW 190

Thread: problems with FW 190

jayzfan14

problems with FW 190

I have had problems with having success flying a FW 190. It just seems to stall way to easily. Is this how its supposed to be, or is there some way to customize it to help with manoeuvrability? I seem to have a much easier time with the Bf 109. The FW 190 doesn't seem to have a chance against the spitfires in the mission i'm trying to do.

Any help or explanation is appreciated very much.

jayzfan14
    btw its climbing and turning while climbing that is the real problem. Is it just the aircraft?

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Fw190

Which one?

If you would like to try an Fw-190 with a more stable flight profile, PM me with your email and I will forward you a modified air file.

I've yet to make or have a FW 190 wirth a crap. It's either unstable and maneuverable, or sluggish. Turn rates suck also. It drives me nuts.
    I've always read how the 190 was a match for a spitfire in real life...but not in CFS3.

if it's the stock FW109 then yes, it's flight model is completely rubish as for the P51.

Try the AvHistory FW190 (the A is 'old' AvH flight model and the D9 is a new one).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow View Post
    I've yet to make or have a FW 190 wirth a crap. It's either unstable and maneuverable, or sluggish. Turn rates suck also. It drives me nuts.
    I've always read how the 190 was a match for a spitfire in real life...but not in CFS3.

A match? It totally outclassed the Mk V and still had a slide advantage over the Mk IV. The problem in CFS3 is that it favours the turn and burn aircraft plus there is way too much nonsense being told about Fw190 stalls what you usually see reflected in airfile work, any sim that is.
    Mathias

Have you tried the 3mp fw190 from mudpond,its much much better,i have changed all my fw190's to the 3mp. specs. i still dont think its as good as it should be,but its a big improvment over the stock 190's.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

Question Data question

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    A match? It totally outclassed the Mk V and still had a slide advantage over the Mk IV. The problem in CFS3 is that it favours the turn and burn aircraft plus there is way too much nonsense being told about Fw190 stalls what you usually see reflected in airfile work, any sim that is.

Is there a good source of data on the fw documenting the airplane's dimensions and characteristics? Need things like wing aspect ratio, dihedral, incidence, area of all the control surfaces, fuel tank locations, etc

Also need reliable performance data too (if that is possible).

FYI - a quick inspection of the A5 airfile revealed that there are several mistakes in the data used to develop the model. The length of the plane, position of the fuel tanks and pilot, rollrate, engine specs to name a few.

Mathias, talking of 190As... Hoping still...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

avh has two 190 , ive edited a misisona nd see how it works on hitting b17 works ETO ......so will see.

HERERS THE MISSION I EDITED WITH AVH VERSION OF 190

B-17's over Hamburg (2.18 Kb)
    - CFS3 Missions & Campaigns - GER by corpse grinder
    (2005-08-27 19:31:34) (downloaded 954 times)
    just a quik mission....i think its loads o fun....beware the gunners.Keep your speed up and good luck!youll need B-17 MollyII from avhistory.org to play my mission,pleaze report any bugs to corpsegrinder1977@hotmail.com

jayzfan14
    OldCrow- totally agree with you. Spitfires literally fly circles around me when i use the FW 190.

I've also heard that the best match for the spitfire in combat was the bf 109. I'm not sure if this is true but its what i've heard.

If i fly a German plane, i'll stick with the bf 109.

I have also noticed that the P-51 turns and climbs in the same way that the FW does.

Quote Originally Posted by jayzfan14 View Post
    OldCrow- totally agree with you. Spitfires literally fly circles around me when i use the FW 190.

I've also heard that the best match for the spitfire in combat was the bf 109. I'm not sure if this is true but its what i've heard.

If i fly a German plane, i'll stick with the bf 109.

I have also noticed that the P-51 turns and climbs in the same way that the FW does.
    You mean "it doesn't", I take it? There are again different P-51s. All crap, it seems to me, but some less crap than others. I realise some of this "crap" perception could be because *I* am crap, but they seem to be extremely quick to stall while manouvering. One on one I can deal with it, but in a slightly more "busy" situation, no way.

It doesn't help that there's no way to get your wingmen to fly straight through a mass of enemies, hitting what they can as they go - once you tell them to attack they seem to just get stuck straight into turnfights... and die. I realise the Spit XIV is/was awesome, but supposedly the P51 was too. And in CFS3, that just ain't so - not with any of the P51s I've found, anyway.

Cool Cfs 3

Spit vs 190

Looking at the airfiles it is easy to see why in cfs3 the 190 is dogged by the spit. The rate of climb is about 500 fpm to the spit, rollrate for the ixe is 320 to 211 deg/sec and ixv 218 to 211. Also the MOI are very favorable to the spit as well. I wish I had the data to model a new airfile correctly to see what would happen. Read Brown's book again and he was clear that the only difference between the spits and 190s was the pilot, not the plane.

Tallyho!

Can't wait to see the FW-190 project completed,hopefully.AvHistory's FW-190 is a good start.

Exclamation New airfile

Hello,

If you want a revised A5 airfile send me a PM.