CFS 3 key assignments: ALT key question

Thread: CFS 3 key assignments: ALT key question

Gremlin_WoH

CFS 3 key assignments: ALT key question

For a project for programming my joystick I need to assign key combinations to CFS 3 which involve the use of the ALT key. For example: ALT + J for jumping out of the plane. I have fiddled with the key assignments for CFS 3 both in game and directly in the CFS3.xca config file. But there seems no possibility to make use of the ALT key. A search on this forum brought up nothing. Knowing that the former database of this forum with all its posts went down the drain some time ago there could have been some interesting information about this.

Now, does someone of you know if there is a way to assign ALT + KEY combinations to CFS 3?

Cheers

AFAIK there's no way to use ALT. I think this is because CFS3 is shortcuts compliant (for instance ALT+TAB will switch with another window).
    I made use of SHIFT and CTRL for joystick keys, leaving normal keys free for direct keyboard use (for instance ENTER for jumping out, as it is easy to find and hit, and not so commonly used that the keyboard will ruin immersion).

Gremlin_WoH
    Thanks, you made a valid point with the shortcut compliance.

I want to make a unified key assignment for my HOTAS setup for Over Flanders Fields (based on CFS 3), First Eagles and the upcoming Rise Of Flight W.W.I flight simulations. For this I have made up some sort of logic in the key assignments. I could replace the ALT + KEY combination by CTRL + SHIFT + KEY combination. Over Flanders Fields and First Eagles would allow this but I do not know about Rise Of Flight as it is not released yet. I would rather use the ALT key. For this project I have to make some sacrifices but the advantage would be one programming code for those sims which would simplify maintenance and improvements on it.

Cheers