Cargo Pilot and FS cargo together

Thread: Cargo Pilot and FS cargo together

Cargo Pilot and FS cargo together

Happy New Year to everyone!!
    I just love both of these programs. Cargo Pilot puts the economic spin on managing a cargo business, while FS Cargo adds the beautiful visual elements to moving cargo.

I wonder if anyone out there would like to have the best of both prrgrams woth in unison, i.e., have anybody tried to move cargo in FS Cargo while on a Cargo Pilot assignment betwen 2 airports?

Thanks,
    Sid

I have FSCargo and FSPassengers. You can apparently use FSPassengers to act as the business side of things for FSCargo, you use the option to not add passenger weight in FSPassengers or something. I've never tried it, but read stuff to that effect on the FSCargo Forum. Once I get the hang of both programs I'll give renning them together a go.

If it works I will not need Cargo pilot :d

Jamie

Thanks Tinball

Thank you for your response.

Can you please give me a web address where you saw the FS Cargo & Fs passenger discussion?
    Thanks,
    Sid

here's the post, it was our very own IanP that made the post, maybe he can enlighten you more. I'll just listen in for future reference :d

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=70437

Jamie

Thank you very much

Thank you for the reference.
    IanP, are you out there? If so, will you please outline how you get FSPassengers to work with FSCargo, in relatively simple terms?
    Thank you,
    Sid

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Man, I still havent tried these programs. I have heard nothing but awesome things about them.

Some day... arrghh....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Bill,

I love FSCargo, highly recommend it. It does however lack the business side of things, and after reading Ian's post linked above, discovered FSPassengers for the first time, haven't really got into it yet, it looks like it needs a good bit of attention and time to get into, unfortunately haven't had long enough periods of freetime to devote yet.

FSCargo is great, jump in, fly from A to B with cargo, receive score for perfomance, jump out. Perfect for those with limited Sim time. All I need to go with it is your old Kodiak and scenery, :d Hope you bundle in the scenery etc into the new FS9 version, sounds ideal for FSCargo from what I remember seeing.

Jamie

From what I've seen, you're gonna love the FSX version of FSCargo. 'Nuff said.

Here is how I did it:

1. First go into your Flight simulator 9 folder. Then go to the fspassengers/config folder.

2. Open the file called moreoptions and edit the line that reads
    "DisablePayloadDialogWeightModif =0" to read
    "DisablePayloadDialogWeightModif =1"

This turns off the fspassengers payloader and allows you to use fscargo to load the payload. Load up with fscargo first then start your flight with fspassengers. Seems to work o.k. for me.

-hth

Hi all,
    Have had Cargo Pilot for a couple of months now.I like it and it adds a bit of fun to just flyng round the world.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thanks to IanP and Snaker

Thank you both for helping me with FS Cargo. Now I too can use Fs Passengers to simulate a cargo airline, while shuttling around in FS Cargo.

Do FS Cargo creators want to introduce and economy model with some cargo loading/offloading sounds in future?