HMS Bounty Project - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty Project

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    The Bounty is looking really sharp guys. Beautiful work in both fit and finish.
    Thanks H91; we are getting closer to being able to prepare for beta I reckon with textures and sounds remaining and some tweaks to the FDE and gauges.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Nigel is wrapping up the HMS Bounty hull textures with a few minor tweaks as I continue to work on animations and gauge functions.

Sailing through Ketchikan with a stiff breeze (actually a gale force wind coming in per the beaufort scale). I have the top gallants dropped in this shot to ease the masts pressure and to avoid the possibility of a snap roll. Just testing animations here folks, hiding the top gallants and showing them stowed. :-)

We are trying to find the right balance in high winds and sail combinations to avoid snap rolls ... making progress, but if you abuse her, you will get wet. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Getting real exciting now.

Anthin.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1960 replica's exterior late (version 2) colours now seaworthy,
    holding back on the Alpha channel and hull interiors until remaining 2 versions
    (1960 early paint and original 1790 Royal Navy) reach completion.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs1-2015-mar-21-001.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-007.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-008.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-009.jpg  
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Meanwhile, Milton and Rob are doing awesome fine tuning to model, gauge and handling characteritics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs1-2015-mar-21-003.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-010.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-011.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-012.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Sketching in the basics for the 1790 RN textures,
    plenty of wood grain to add next...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs1-2015-mar-21-013.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-014.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-015.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-21-016.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

This is really looking amazing.Absolutely great.

Anthin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    This is really looking amazing.Absolutely great.

Anthin.
    On behalf of the team - thanks for your interest and encouragement, Anthin :-)

We should be winding up on the 1790 paint version by this evening, leaving one final paint to take on this week.
    After some additional work on the sails and the hull interior, she should be out of the dry dock by week's end.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs1-2015-mar-22-006.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-22-007.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-22-009.jpg   fs1-2015-mar-22-012.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Looks great Nigel!

Personally, I can't wait for the "Hurricane Racing Series" paints for the Red Bull, Patron and Metaxa teams ("Anything less than 80 Kts is for sissies!")

If you're going to throw things at me make sure the bottles are full!

Back to testing today with some of the latest Miton-mods to keep the schedule flowing...

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Thank'ee Sir G :-))) LOL.
    Hmmmm...not much into that Red wotyamecallit, but Metaxa - wouldn't take much press ganging to get me on that team \0/

There again, Navy Rum's the name of the game here, Jim m'lad; may just have to arrange a 'special' -"Super Turbo Team" with the Skipper and leave you mutinous lot scratchin' yer barnacles on some wenchless deserted island...

80 knots (yawwwwwwwn)

Skipperrrrrrrr !

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Great screenshots Nigel.The Bounty is a real
    thing of beauty.

Anthin.

What a beauty! Nice work Milton & Nigel. Reminds me of AC Black Flag. Some of the best water effects I've ever seen!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

No, we are not leaving you; just doing final sea trials before beta release, hopefully by next weekend. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The original Bounty, commissioned as HMAV Bounty in 1787, was built in Deptford Yard in 1784 as Bethia in Hull, England. Made eternally famous by the mutiny against Captain Bligh in 1789, Bounty was a small merchant ship purchased and converted into a naval transport to transplant breadfruit to the plantations of the West Indies. I'm certain that when she launched in 1784, no one dreamed that she would be infamous hundreds of years later. Here is our representation of the original Bethia.

As I was constrained by parts and polys on the Bounty, I could not add the Launch and Cutter to the deck. I will be releasing a fully animated, sail-able Launch as a result.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thrilled to hear there will be a launch.This is
    truly a gift to the flight community.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    Thrilled to hear there will be a launch.This is
    truly a gift to the flight community.

Anthin.
    Thank you Anthin.

I completed modeling today and got her sailing beautifully in FS9 and FSX except for a few minor accessories in the boat. All sail, rigging,and show/hide animations work the same as for the Bounty.

I will be mapping her for textures tomorrow. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,

This project is looking wonderful. However, as it in my nature to carp and whine wherever possible, I have one small query, (which my Doctor has told me not to worry about) and that is about eye-patches. Can these vessels be sailed across the Seven Seas without one? Is it your intention to offer a blanked-off half screen to add to the illusion? To be peering through the foggy bottom of an old Ouzo bottle, courtesy of Nigel, and then finding half the screen completely dark might prove a simulation too far...I see rocks, many rocks on the sea routes ahead.

Looking forward to a great future in the treasure hunting arena

Andy.

Thanks Andy; still a bit to do on the Bounty package setup but I am working to get an initial beta out this weekend if we get done with the little stuff. It looks likely.

As for the Launch, I am mapping her today for textures. Hoping to have her ready for the Bounty release but if not, then soon after.

Attached: The 1962 paint scheme and showing the latest in Sail Management and Configuration gauge that's also a built in wx station and Auto-Skipper for sail position and configuration. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

What a phenomenal looking vessel! Wonderful work, Milton, Nigel and team. BRAVO!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Hi,

This is getting exciting....that vessel looks stunning. You are all doing a fantastic project.

I cannot think of the normal sea state in FS9, but I don't think it's rough in the normal run of things, which is quite lucky for the landlubbers among us.

This is very interesting in so many new ways----even though there is no need for fuel, there is the need for water, victuals and alcohol etc.

Andy.

Blog Entries

Bethia on moorings...

Blimey!

Fresh out of eye patches here :-)))

Skipper's taken the Launch ashore for supplies and vitals, should be back soon...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs1-2015-apr-8-001.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

even though there is no need for fuel, there is the need for water, victuals and alcohol etc.
    Water, water everywhere, and ne'er a drop to drink...

This will appeal to the bush-pilot fraternity more than the 'zoomie, go-fast' crowd. With a max. speed of 15 knots the scenery will be available for close, and lengthy inspection. Even in stock FS9/FSX sceneries there are still a lot of wonderful vistas to enjoy. Once a skipper passes the basic skill level to handle the ship the real challenge will be in decision-making if you want to plan a route as the handling and navigation will take some practice to avoid rocks and impassable places.

Interestingly, while testing in FSX I found there ARE (hidden) rocks in the waters. On cruises of Lake George (NY) and the St. Lawrence River (retracing the discovery of the colonies) I saw small 'spots' on the surface that became bottom-destroying granite on closer inspection. Give me strong drink and a plank of oak!

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Any progress on a beta release this weekend

Thank you all for your interest and comments. :-)

There has been a flurry of activity these past 2 weeks as we work toward an initial beta release. We are still tidying up and improving on things but the list is definitely shorter. I'm going to give this all the time it needs to ensure the beta goes well. Everything looks great, seems to work great but we want you to have that same sense when you see it. Our final efforts will be on some very exciting things related to sounds and that will require a little more time. Please hang in there as we work to make this worth the wait.

Meanwhile Nigel has delivered now 6 paint schemes and Rob Barendregt has further enhanced the sailing experience, the Sail Management and system responses, added new features to ensure we get the best possible sailing experience in the sim.
    Now they both work on some sound magic. :-)

I hope the attachments will help as the wait continues... for a little while longer.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Awwwwwww......!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!