AICarriers helicopters..?

Thread: AICarriers helicopters..?

Question AICarriers helicopters..?

In looking around I've only see the SH60 guard model that has a moving rotor for placement with
    AICarriers. I've tried other heli models but without moving rotors they just look weird.

Any pointers to other helicopters would be much appreciated.

tc

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    In looking around I've only see the SH60 guard model that has a moving rotor for placement with
    AICarriers. I've tried other heli models but without moving rotors they just look weird.

Any pointers to other helicopters would be much appreciated.

tc
    A small bump to keep active..

Sylvain Parouty's Clemenceau and Foch include an Alouette specifically made for use as a plane guard helicopter. And the Sea King in the payware Enterprise package by Team SDB (work was done by Sylvain) is also designed to be a plane guard with moving carriers. Both have the moving rotors and can be placed using AI Carriers. Team SDB is also working on a Helix as a plane guard for the Admiral Kuznetsov with moving rotors. Sylvain's upcoming Charles de Gaulle will no doubt have a more modern "Pedro" in the form of a Panther or a Dauphin. The freeware Charles de Gaulle by SkyDesigners includes a Panther "Pedro".
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Sylvain Parouty's Clemenceau and Foch include an Alouette specifically made for use as a plane guard helicopter. And the Sea King in the payware Enterprise package by Team SDB (work was done by Sylvain) is also designed to be a plane guard with moving carriers. Both have the moving rotors and can be placed using AI Carriers. Team SDB is also working on a Helix as a plane guard for the Admiral Kuznetsov with moving rotors. Sylvain's upcoming Charles de Gaulle will no doubt have a more modern "Pedro" in the form of a Panther or a Dauphin. The freeware Charles de Gaulle by SkyDesigners includes a Panther "Pedro".
    :ernae:
    Excellent information, thankyou.!

Blog Entries
    In addition to the aforementioned, some others for other periods:

Lazarus (and Obio) reworked Greg Peppers original FS2002 HO3S-1 for AI use. Comes with liveries for RCN, RN FAA, and a few other navies. In the absence of any Whirlwinds or Wessexes, these are a suitable stand-in. I find that concentrating on proper throttle and AoA settings on final approach means I don't sweat the details on the plane guard chopper!

For the Vietnam period, there's the Seaking included with the SDB Enterprise. Prior to that, and for more repaints, there's a decent AI Seaking by Nieuwenhoven, Jones, and Lloyd on flightsim. Search "Seaking SH-3". Worked great for years until the SDB model showed up.

A huge hole exists for both RN and USN carriers (and helos) in the Illustrious , Essex class of carriers of the 50s and early 60s. I believe some are underway with teams like Flying Stations and other devs - wait and see, I guess.

Hope that helps,

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    In addition to the aforementioned, some others for other periods:

Lazarus (and Obio) reworked Greg Peppers original FS2002 HO3S-1 for AI use. Comes with liveries for RCN, RN FAA, and a few other navies. In the absence of any Whirlwinds or Wessexes, these are a suitable stand-in. I find that concentrating on proper throttle and AoA settings on final approach means I don't sweat the details on the plane guard chopper!

For the Vietnam period, there's the Seaking included with the SDB Enterprise. Prior to that, and for more repaints, there's a decent AI Seaking by Nieuwenhoven, Jones, and Lloyd on flightsim. Search "Seaking SH-3". Worked great for years until the SDB model showed up.

A huge hole exists for both RN and USN carriers (and helos) in the Illustrious , Essex class of carriers of the 50s and early 60s. I believe some are underway with teams like Flying Stations and other devs - wait and see, I guess.

Hope that helps,

DL
    Thanks for the information.
    I had hopes there were more modern day birds out there but its good to know the reality.

Thanks again for your time...

Members +
    Blog Entries
    On the RFN site there is a link to 'around 'Ill 'd Yue' a really slick scenery with the Mistral class LPD and Horizon class frigate. There is also a AI NH-90 in the pack. There are some Panthers set as scenery BGL's I think. I was always meaning to have a look to see if they would convert to AI, bt never got 'round to it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    On the RFN site there is a link to 'around 'Ill 'd Yue' a really slick scenery with the Mistral class LPD and Horizon class frigate. There is also a AI NH-90 in the pack. There are some Panthers set as scenery BGL's I think. I was always meaning to have a look to see if they would convert to AI, bt never got 'round to it.
    Thanks for the tip.! I downloaded the ship package and the AI NH-90 looks very good in AICarriers spinning rotors and all..

A last bump for final comments...

Members who have read this thread: 1