Is Your Name in Blue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Your Name in Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I'm in, just made my donation. This is the only site I donate to regularly, as it is by far the best.
    Thank you Sir; we greatly appreciate the help too.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    This is also a problem for us Brits!

I'm not becoming a PayPal member, never have been, never will be!
    A Credit Card contribution would be the most effective solution for us Europeans.
    We also have Debit Cards in Britain, which allow an immediate transfer between bank accounts.
    As for post 11, What am I supposed to do? Send cash? Cheques, as we used to know them, have been made obsolete.
    If you would have a designated SOH bank account, then a simple transfer would make life easier.
    Maybe a thought for the next fundraising appeal...

Stuart
    IIRC you can still get an international money order from the post office; remember the postal orders we used to get as kids? Its a variation on that, but Ickie would have to nominate which bank/counter service will be redeeming it.

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    It is for Dutch people impossible to pay without becoming a PP member. The page switches to a Dutch translated page which leaves no other option than to become a PP member.

Cees
    Hi Cees, as I have a paypal account I can make the transfer for you. (Before I had a paypal account JanKees did the same for me.

If you don't like the idea you could also try to obtain the IBAN number of the donation fund and transfer a donation from your normal bank account.

Cheers,
    Huub

edit: Sorry Cees IBAN/SEPA doesn't cover the US.....

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi Cees, as I have a paypal account I can make the transfer for you. (Before I had a paypal account JanKees did the same for me).

Cheers,
    Huub
    Cheers for the tip Huub!
    Thankfully, Matt just did the same for me. I'm very grateful to be able to rely on this community.
    Cheers! :ernae:

Stuart

Huub,

You have a PM!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Huub,

You have a PM!

Cees
    Cees, it worked as you can see your name is red already......

Huub, thank you for helping with this. It reminds of the some places that still exist today in the USA West and Southwest, with neighbor helping neighbor to get through the hard times. That was mighty "neighborly" of you Sir.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Huub! I was already sleeping when my name turned red!

Cees

I tried on Monday but it keeps telling me my credit card is no good, Then I got a PM that Ickie was investigating it, but so far no joy :-(

Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    I tried on Monday but it keeps telling me my credit card is no good, Then I got a PM that Ickie was investigating it, but so far no joy :-(
    Thank you Sir for trying. I'll check with Ickie on status.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Same issue with payPal for me. You could use it a number of times, but after 3 payments with the same card or bank account without a PayPal account, I would have been required to open a PayPal account in order to continue using the service. Now, even that is no longer possible. I have to register or be logged in before I can even enter any further data...

The problem with bank transfers are the fees often associated...

Andrew
    Per Ardua ad Astra

How about setting up the account and still use the Credit Card option ?? I have been doing that for years since I also don't like the fees and it has always worked.

Cheers
    Stefan

Milton - I contribute when I can but this particular January finds my personal economy, to put it mildly, pretty damned challenging. I can't do anything right now, but will be sure to send money when there is enough of it for me not to have to make a choice between my SOH contribution and eating and/or paying for my meds. Question: If there isn't an active funding drive in progress, as ther is right now, how do I make a contribution? I'm looking at some time in March. Thanks!

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by andersel View Post
    Milton - I contribute when I can but this particular January finds my personal economy, to put it mildly, pretty damned challenging. I can't do anything right now, but will be sure to send money when there is enough of it for me not to have to make a choice between my SOH contribution and eating and/or paying for my meds. Question: If there isn't an active funding drive in progress, as ther is right now, how do I make a contribution? I'm looking at some time in March. Thanks!

LA
    andersel,

We always want you and and everyone to take care of real world and personal responsibilities first. Only if you have the means and can do it comfortably should you contribute to these secondary requests. One should not feel obligated or uncomfortable in giving. We appreciate you as a member but remember that contributions are not a requirement to be one.

To answer your question directly, the Donate button is available 365 days a year.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    At this moment in time there are 50 named people browsing and only 17 are RED. Come on you BLUES COUGH UP!!!!!!!!
    MickeyD

While I cannot afford to donate, (I am disabled and am on a very fixed income) I sincerelly hope you reach your goal. It is truly an honor to come here and be a part of such a gifted community. Sim-Outhouse's members represent the finest in talent that I have ever seen. The members here are polite, and treat everyone with dignity and respect and I am glad for that. The people here also represent how a forum could and quite frankly, should, be. I am honored to be here and I just want to say thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great community. May you continue to strive and thrive and may your skies be blue without turbulence. My very best regards to you all, Jeremy :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey D View Post
    At this moment in time there are 50 named people browsing and only 17 are RED. Come on you BLUES COUGH UP!!!!!!!!
    Unfortunately I am in the same boat as Andersel above and will consider donating later. Mickey D read the post above this from Milton. Because even though Real Life issues have stepped in big time for me in the last couple of days (though the tests are notin yet in my mother probably has brain cancer) I still feel bad that I can not contribute this year because I did a lot more down loading of paints this year and felt I should help out.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbirdman View Post
    While I cannot afford to donate, (I am disabled and am on a very fixed income) I sincerelly hope you reach your goal. It is truly an honor to come here and be a part of such a gifted community. Sim-Outhouse's members represent the finest in talent that I have ever seen. The members here are polite, and treat everyone with dignity and respect and I am glad for that. The people here also represent how a forum could and quite frankly, should, be. I am honored to be here and I just want to say thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great community. May you continue to strive and thrive and may your skies be blue without turbulence. My very best regards to you all, Jeremy :salute:
    Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Unfortunately I am in the same boat as Andersel above and will consider donating later. Mickey D read the post above this from Milton. Because even though Real Life issues have stepped in big time for me in the last couple of days (though the tests are notin yet in my mother probably has brain cancer) I still feel bad that I can not contribute this year because I did a lot more down loading of paints this year and felt I should help out.
    Thank you Gentlemen for you kind comments. Please do not feel obligated to donate. There are many here who can do so comfortably without taking away from life necessities.

We appreciate every single member who participates in our forums whether in giving moral support, ideas for improvements, alerting us to FS news, or just enjoying the vast knowledge, friendships, or downloads that can be found here. Everyone is always welcome to come and contribute in any way, or just to learn and absorb, and cheer on those who give of themselves with uploads, knowledge, and those who cheer from the stands.

We are community, kind of a family, and we like it that way.

Thank you for being part of it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Dear Friends,

Donations are down to a trickle and we are still short $2000+.

I ask that if your name is in blue to please consider a small donation to help us get to the goal to pay our annual bandwidth bills.

We have 11 days to the end of the month and time is running out.

If you feel SOH and its membership has value to you, and you can afford to give without hurting life's necessities, we would certainly appreciate your support.

Thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I would love to contribute...but I am frustrated and unable to because of an issue with Paypal. I have an account with them, but I'm unable to access it and they have sent a request to call their phone number and I'm unable to as I'm hearing impaired. Further more they may not co operate if I have another person make the call on my behalf and they may not want to talk to him/her for PC security reasons. And if I am to try to open a new account with them to start over again, they'll most likely request me to phone them with a pen and paper ready.*sigh* I wish they would be a bit more accessable than that, in this day and age.

So my name is still in blue...for now.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    I would love to contribute...but I am frustrated and unable to because of an issue with Paypal. I have an account with them, but I'm unable to access it and they have sent a request to call their phone number and I'm unable to as I'm hearing impaired. Further more they may not co operate if I have another person make the call on my behalf and they may not want to talk to him/her for PC security reasons. And if I am to try to open a new account with them to start over again, they'll most likely request me to phone them with a pen and paper ready.*sigh* I wish they would be a bit more accessable than that, in this day and age.

So my name is still in blue...for now.
    Not a problem Mark; we understand. Thank you for trying. I personally do not use Paypal but use the card option which does not require a Paypal account here in the USA.

If you still wish to donate, you can always use Ickie's snail mail address.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Not a problem Mark; we understand. Thank you for trying. I personally do not use Paypal but use the card option which does not require a Paypal account here in the USA.

If you still wish to donate, you can always use Ickie's snail mail address.
    I do use the card option whenever possible, to avoid using paypal, because of that issue.
    Mark

Good news, I got the Paypal issue sorted out! A donation has been sent.
    Mark

It's looking good! Amazing how all it all adds up.

I just wanted to say that we have the rest of the day, today and tomorrow to meet the deadline for the bandwith drive minimums. It's just 5% remaining towards the goal, even if it's $5 that you donate... every donation helps tremendously. I know times are tuff for alot of folks, and life's priority's come first. But if you can spare $5, let's get this thing done, and keep SOH running "Sierra Hotel".

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man