FR P-40N- Got Fuel?

Thread: FR P-40N- Got Fuel?

FR P-40N- Got Fuel?

As promised last time, here are a few shots with in the three 50 Gal. drop tank configuration, used for ferry flights or extended-range missions. Altogether, that's about 1000 lbs of extra fuel.... Included is a reference photo of a US aircraft carrying the same load, although it is using a different type of wing mounting points.

And then a little something for Ian W., if he's around, who kindly sent me some useful photographs. RNZAF colours, Solomon Islands, with theatre of operations stripes, complete with the correct tire tread pattern commonly found on the Kiwi P-40N's. RNZAF and RAAF come in two different colour 'flavours', Foliage Green and standard Curtiss factory Olive Drab. It seems the aircraft would first fly in the factory scheme as they were delivered, and then as they were rotated back for a complete overhall, be repainted in Foliage Green/Sky Grey.

The pilot figure is incorrect (for now) in the RNZAF aircraft, as they would have different flying helmets, plus a Mae West for over-water missions, and all this will be brought up to date before release.

More to come.

Wonderful stuff Mike, I love the fact and can hardly believe the realism, "tire tread pattern." The pictures make this great aircraft come to life again. Can hardly wait. Something to look forward to. Thanks for the update.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Outstanding. I thoroughly enjoy the historical accuracy!

Mike, I was wondering about the three-point bomb attachments on each wing. Do you know if the two outer elements (on an angle) were a field mod or factory standard?
    If anyone is interested I would also like to know if they were always used, i.e. could the central attachment be used without the two outer ones; and were they specific to the P-40N/pacific theatre?

Owen.

Charter Member 2012
    As Bomber mentioned previously, the dimensional accuracy presents a striking overall appearance! Very nice.

Hi Greg! I hope to get a test version to you sometime soon, if you still have the time....:mixedsmi:

FentiFlier1, the wing attach points depicted here are the standard factory types. However, photos show that there were several types in use, depending on the user country, theatre of operations, etc.. I only have accurate drawings for these types, however.

Any combination of stores could be used on the hard points, and there will be a realistic selection in the release package. If I remember correctly, each hard point was allowed to hold up to a maximum of 1000 lbs.

Mike

outstanding, I am looking forward to this, and am hoping for a paintkit...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Now that is starting to look like something out off my RNZAF history books , Superb Mike this will keep a lotta NZFFers happy <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Thanks for the clarification, Mike!

Really looking forward to this and the revamped Schwalbe. :d

Great stuff. Really looking forward to this....even more so now with the pictures above in RNZAF colours

Excellent work, Mike! Th P-40N will be a highlight!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Great stuff. Really looking forward to this....even more so now with the pictures above in RNZAF colours
    Paul , ya better send Mike a close up of your Avatar ' Wairarapa Wildcat '
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Another mouth-watering preview, Mike! Those RNZAF markings always look great! Although not exactly the same, it reminds me how much I liked the RNZAF paint scheme that the old OFMC P-40E used to wear before it changed colors to an A.V.G. scheme - all of those white stripes look really cool (and a bonus to have the white tail and nose cone too!). More here: http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/khawk.html (Note Paul's avatar image toward the bottom of the page. ; ) Also, it being an old site, a lot of the information isn't up-to-date.)
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV