TriPacer for FSX?

Thread: TriPacer for FSX?

Hybrid View

TriPacer for FSX?

I have noticed that there are several Piper TriPacers out there...Does anyone have a recommendation for one that will run well in FSX? Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

pointy31
    Steve, I tried Bill Lyons' Tri-Pacer in FSX Acceleration, it wasn't pretty...:faint:

SOH-CM-2023
    I would be willing to donate my FSDS Tripacer source files to someone to convert over to Gmax and a FSX model.

Brian

Hope So!

Brian: I hope someone with the ability takes you up on your offer...I took my first flight lesson in a TriPacer in 1966 and would love to be able to fly one in FSX...Thanks for your kind offer...

Steve

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Bill Lyons did a brilliant Tri-Pacer....

I have been meaning to do a tail dragger Pacer for ages now, but updating models has become the mainstay.. arrghh.....
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by pointy31 View Post
    Steve, I tried Bill Lyons' Tri-Pacer in FSX Acceleration, it wasn't pretty...:faint:
    I tried it too... I think the gauges were OK and everything was working if I remember well, however there was a terrible texture bug on the side of the aircraft's external model, kind of ZBuffer bug, the texture was dissapearing (flashing) behind something inside the plane... too bad, it was a great plane :/

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I tried it too... I think the gauges were OK and everything was working if I remember well, however there was a terrible texture bug on the side of the aircraft's external model, kind of ZBuffer bug, the texture was dissapearing (flashing) behind something inside the plane... too bad, it was a great plane :/
    That is the N-number poly float panel. Supposed to be invisible. arrghh... Would be cool to find a way to disable that in the Hex code, make it pure black or something to make it hide.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Bill's methods of working outside the box doomed his aircraft to remain in FS9/GW3. Brian - yours works pretty good in SP1
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Overshoe View Post
    Bill's methods of working outside the box doomed his aircraft to remain in FS9/GW3. Brian - yours works pretty good in SP1

I know, I've got my Super Pacer up and running in SP1 myself. Still a bit hard on frames compared to a default.

Amazingly, the AFG PC-12 works great. virtually no frame hit (For a FS9 airplane) I'm running a custom panel/vc that I made (Lots of Flight one stuff in it so I can't share)

Brian