Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released

Flaps work but still have audio issue with SP

Okay, I had the flap problem but went through the process of making sure everything from the original was uninstalled and then reinstalled SP1 again, and now the flaps work as advertised. I am wondering though, is the fuel feeding problem fixed where it stops at about 29% and flames out? Also, I am still having the audio issue where the level goes up and down every 20-60 seconds, and it does this constantly, throughout the flight, even on the ground. None of my other planes do this, including my Milviz T-38. I have no idea why this is happening but it is very annoying and distracting. I have changed a few audio settings around trying to correct this problem but nothing has worked.

Asus G73
    i7-720QM
    Radeon HD5870
    8GB DDR3
    Realtek HD Audio with Creative drivers
    Win7 64
    FSX w/Accel
    Logitech G940 Stick/Throttle/Pedals

Is there a changelog, somewhere? Thx

For all issues, please register on our forums and we will help you there. Contact roadburner440 at milviz period com for registration. You will need to provide proof of purchase.

I will be posting the changelog later on today

I haven't flown the F-86 since I formatted my PC. Though I thought I would stop by and say "thanks" for the update.

still getting ctd when exit f86 as mentioned on milviz forum, even after rebuilding fsx.cfg as instructed.

Sp is great but I have not once ever been able not to experience a CTD at the end when exiting flight with f86.

currently put to the back of hanger. a shame really. Well off to fly the b55 that i enjoy just as much.!

Flight1 Wrapper fails to install SP1

I have a support ticket into Flight1.

The flight1 wrapper will not accept the keycode when trying to reinstall the SP1, (says invalid key code and password). But it reinstalls the original F-86 file just fine. Don't know if anyone else has this probelm, but from looking at the few issues posted here, this is not a trouble-free update. :isadizzy:

I think it's my bad on the installation of the key.

I will rebuild it tonight or tmrw and repost it.

For the others... well.. the CTD is not, sorry to say, a game killer as it only happens when you are changing the plane or exiting the flight.

You SHOULD (this is not just my recommendation) restart FSX to flush your memory...

SP1 works perfectly for me

Changing liveries, aircraft and every way with no CTD and without restarting FSX. This is a sweet aircraft!!! Thanks guys!
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

F-86 Project

CHANGE LOG

11/29/2012

========

1) Set absolute limit for RPM at 100% regardless of sim's actual value.

2) Inverted ADI ball's animation so that CLIMB is displayed as described.

CHANGE LOG
    11/28/2012
    ==========

1) Inverted ADI Pitch bar animation

CHANGE LOG
    11/26/2012
    ==========

1) Added "glass" to HUD projector on glareshield
    2) Modified aircraft.cfg with Bernt's change to max_mach= 1.01

CHANGE LOG
    11/24/2012
    ==========

1) piston in right speed brake
    2) barber pole reset to use default FSX variable
    3) HUD collimation and view blocking

CHANGE LOG
    11/21/2012
    ==========

1) Inverted ADI Pitch bar so "wheels" are downward
    2) Jon's new .dll with corrected "Barber Pole" converted from Mach to IAS for animation
    3) Fixed right hydraulic piston's texture
    4) Added Gunnar's new "Luftwaffe" livery to base package.

CHANGE LOG
    11/18/2012
    ==========

1) Leaned pilot forward, adjusted head
    2) Pilot will "duck" when canopy opens, then straighten slightly
    3) Mirror folds up so it won't smack the pilot in the forehead!
    4) Raised GPU cable so it will lie properly with full loadout and fuel
    5) Fixed mapping for speedbrake pistons so they are fully chromed
    6) Included Jon's latest gauge builds
    7) Softened up the on ground panel vibrations (now tied to nosegear compression
    8) Changed landing light to turn on when nosegear strut is fully unloaded

CHANGE LOG
    11/13/2012
    ==========

1) Disable “Allow Bloom” for VC FSX Materials.
    2) Fixed Aural buffet timing amd visual buffeting.
    3) Shift-4 test gauges needs to be removed.
    4) GPU hose and wheels lowered.
    5) Attitude indicator reversed.
    6) Take off and landing shakes added
    7) Airspeed Indicator movement smoothed out significantly.
    8) Adjusted Pipper top edge cutoff.
    9) Pilot should lean forward/lower head for canopy.
    10) New smoke added
    11) Canopy/fuselage junction faired properly and canopy narrowed to meet real world dimensions.
    12) Flap lever now has a center HOLD position.

CHANGE LOG
    10/25/2012
    ==========
    1) Animated and added sound effects to all remaining non-fuctional but fun to play with switches, levers, knobs, etc.
    2) Added and tweaked new External Camera Views to replace the "boring ones" I had already.

NOTED ISSUES REMAINING
    ======================
    1) HUD "screen" still not working when viewpoint is "off bore-sight."

CHANGE LOG
    10/21/2012
    ==========
    1) Installed AoA "Shake System" with sound effects. Shift-4 to bring up a test gauge to see actual AoA numbers for reference.
    2) Added mouse and animation to CRS knob, which will set pilot's desired HDG on the gyro compass's dial. Pilot steers until needle is aligned with top of card.
    3) Fixed the altitude "unsafe" warning flag. Below FL160 window of altimeter has red/black diagonal stripes.

CHANGE LOG
    10/19/2012
    ==========
    1) Lowered GPU a bit to contact ground
    2) Connected exterior's interior to the fuselage to close gap
    3) Reanimated the right main gear door's strut animation
    4) Added mouse repeat and tooltips to both rudder and aileron trim toggles. Oddly, aileron trim does not work even using the keyboard commands (Ctrl-NUM4, Ctrl-NUM6)
    5) Added Custom Camera Views for both exterior and vc views.
    6) Added Bernt's new aircraft.cfg file (last minute addition)
    7) Adjusted the 3d lights to 1º pitch up

CHANGE LOG
    10/18/2012
    ==========
    1) Fixed right main gear door strut's extended position
    2) Removed incorrect "gear light" and replaced with push button
    3) Fixed (again) the 215 KNOTS and ANT labels
    4) Corrected graphic images for gear position flags || (down), //// (intransit) and UP (up)
    5) Removed the unneccessary "bumps" from the gear position flags
    6) Darkened and thickened the engine "smoke" as much as possible, moved closer to the exhaust pipe
    7) Eliminated the extraneous angled "smoke" when LL are turned on
    8) Fixed fuel qty and fuel totalizer to exclude tanks.
    8) This installer includes the new GPU sounds, but won't be heard until Jon's new gauge is ready
    9) This installer also removes unneeded sound files that are never used
    10) Removed my "temporary" gear in transit XML script so it won't interfere with Jon's final gauge.

CHANGE LOG
    10/15/2012
    ===========
    1) Flipped f86_12_C.dds image to fix the VC glass shading problem
    2) Welded vertices to remove the gap in the upper canopy frame
    3) Corrected throttle lock/unlock, idle animations
    4) added mouse wheel control to all rotary knobs that needed them
    5) added tooltip to ADF tuning knob
    6) inverted pilot visibility condition so pilot will be seen in FS Recorder and FSX Preview window
    7) Extended RPM needle's animation to 110%
    8) Moved the "engine fire" to the aircraft.cfg to prevent having a "trail of fire circles"
    9) Modified landing gear knob to make semi-transparent so it can be lighted for gear warn condition
    10) Made sure all VC Materials have their bump map specification
    11) Adjusted "Gunsight" display polygon to work with Bernt's new eyepoint position
    12) Moved the Gunsight Camera to the fully closed position
    13) Adjusted GPU power cable to eliminate the inter-penetration with the left flap
    14) Added the AoA "Shake" node (note: control code is not included in this installer)
    15) Moved the GPU control node to position 1/2 between nose and main gear
    16) Changed the landing light switch's "bumps" to chrome (no lights!)
    17) Removed animation and mouse point on Emergency Speedbrake lever
    18) Fixed the three mechanical gear position flags to prevent erratic behavior
    19) Adjusted X-Movement on both Gunsight Brightness knob and Gunsight Wing Span lever/knob
    20) Plugged hole in upper port side of tailpipe
    21) Updated aircraft.cfg with Bernt's latest revision 2
    22) Updaed all textures with Gunnar's latest revisions
    23) Replaced thumbnails for all liveries with Diego's revisions
    24) Added "glass" and HUD "projection poly" on top of main panel, built frame for same

REMAINING ISSUES (some of which probably won't get fixed soon)
    10/15/2012
    ================
    1) Remaining unanimated switches to script/tag yet.
    2) HUD glass in exterior model is being obscured by the canopy glass.
    3) HUD "screen" is no longer blocking the off bore-sight view (should hide the poly)

CHANGE LOG
    10/09/2012
    ===========

1) Tweaked contact points for nosegear.
    2) Added click spot for check-lists & panel.cfg entry
    3) Added "engine fire in the hole" and progressive smoke from exhaust
    4) Re-Linked all 'movable parts' to the canopy frame
    5) Windshied and Canopy "ice" objects are now split. The slider on the left side turns canopy on/off, the red knob turns windshield on/off
    6) Realigned the chocks to center on the tires
    7) Added left/right click to the jettison select knob
    8) Added unlocked (outboard) and idle position to throttle; left click twice for idle, right click twice to lock
    9) Adjusted the main gear inboard doors to correct angle when open

CHANGE LOG
    10/05/2012
    ===========
    1) Fixed "Gunsight" so it disappears when view is off-bore.
    2) Tweaked main gear door piston animations
    3) Replaced Starter Stop switch with button
    4) Corrected spelling of "AMT" to "ANT" on ADI mode selector
    5) Added 215 to the caution label near canopy switch
    6) Added seatbelts unbuckled to exterior model when pilot hidden
    7) Reversed rotation for mouse wheel on 3 lighting knobs
    8) Added compass lubber line

CHANGE LOG
    09/28/2012
    ===========
    1) Fixed missing material for external gunsight
    2) Added _still wheels and corrected animation
    3) Added GPU and missing texture
    4) Animated GPU power service door
    5) Animated spent ammo doors (Ctrl-E, 2)
    6) Fixed front of canopy/fuselage junction
    7) Added default fsx landing/taxi light splash 24/7, 3d only at night
    8) Rebuilt 3d land/taxi light bones and polys

CHANGE LOG
    09/23/2012
    ===========
    1. Fixed canopy gap
    2. Fixed battery switch
    3. Adjusted external lights
    4. Changed FSX Material for interior lighting to use Ambient instead of Blend. This allows the lights to work in the daytime.
    5. Adjusted exterior lighting (landing/taxi lights will require a complete rebuild)

By personal experience of Milviz's team support for their customers, I'd like to publicly express my deep appreciation for this team's effort to not only offer their admirably nice products, but also to prove that besides commercial developers, they're first and foremost nice people and good friends.

THANK you COLIN, STEVE and all of the superb MILVIZ team.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Thank you guys for the kind words about the product. It really means a lot to use after a lot of hard work involved in putting these birds together. For those still experiencing problems we do apologize, and will continue to work in an effort to get your issues resolved. We definately try to do everything that we can to make you guys happy even if that does mean refunding your money if you bought from F1 or our site in the first 30 days.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    I think it's my bad on the installation of the key

I will rebuild it tonight or tmrw and repost it.
    dFor the others... well.. the CTD is not, sorry to say, a game killer as it only happens when you are changing the plane or exiting the flight.

You SHOULD (this is not just my recommendation) restart FSX to flush your memory...
    Hello,

Any update on this fix? My SP1 download will still not accept passwords or key.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Hello,

Any update on this fix? My SP1 download will still not accept passwords or key.
    dvj, I am not from Milviz but are you certain that you purchased from Milviz originally? If not, you need to re-download the SP1 package from the SAME site as where you purchased the original. Milviz's own downloads do, in fact, use the Flight1 Wrapper installer, and if you downloaded the updated SP1 package from Milviz, you would need either a key file or a password to complete the installation. Other vendor sources, e.g., FSPilot Shop, however, do not use the F1 wrapper installer even if the product itself originates from Milviz, and once you have downloaded the update from your original source, it can be installed relatively easily without another password or key file.

Besides, you have to go to OUR site for all support issues.

I had the same scenario as DVJ. When I heard of the SP1 being released, I thought nothing of it and downloaded the update via the Milvis link.
    Being as it was a Flight1 wrapper type package, it would not install with out name/reg etc.
    Then it dawned on me that I purchased via Sim market.
    I logged into my account, downloaded the updated installer, and it installed without a hitch.

I have had zero problems from the F-86 otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I had the same scenario as DVJ. When I heard of the SP1 being released, I thought nothing of it and downloaded the update via the Milvis link.
    Being as it was a Flight1 wrapper type package, it would not install with out name/reg etc.
    Then it dawned on me that I purchased via Sim market.
    I logged into my account, downloaded the updated installer, and it installed without a hitch.

I have had zero problems from the F-86 otherwise.

The product was orignally purchased through the Milviz site, "Buy Now" button, then downloaded via the flight 1 wrapper.

d

Besides, you have to go to OUR site for all support issues.
    I only asked the question because you said: "I think it's my bad on the installation of the key.

I will rebuild it tonight or tmrw and repost it."

I was just wondering if this had been done?

Obviously I'll need to go to the Milviz support forum. I have no response from the Flight 1 support ticket I placed 2 days ago.

d

I understand but I did check it and it's good.

However, I would suggest that you redownload it (again) and try it. If your key is still not working contact me at colin at milviz period com and we'll fix you up.

Cool

Ok normally i watch for and deal with the CTD issues...but i have been away on a camp for the past week (my first holiday in 2 years wow). Apologies for the inconviniences...

Anyways i have been doing some checking and sharing of files with one of our customers and i have a sneaking suspicion that something is not being overwritten by the installer. I am waiting for confirmation as well from one of our testers and once i have that, Ill be posting a file in the support forums which will take care of this.

Enjoy
    JB
    -JB

OK, I finally bought it at Simmarket (yes I know about the impending sale but hate the wrapper business). It is vR1.121129. So is that the latest and greatest? I tried to cipher the threads here and at Milviz but only became more confused.

Thanks
    Steve

Yes it is the correct version

Yes it is the correct version
    Thanks Colin, only had about 30 minutes with her and she's a gem

Steve

FYI i uploaded a small file to the Support forums with a fix for those who are getting CTDs due to the installer not overwriting a file properly.
    -JB

Blog Entries

No panel lights

Ok - gave in, took the Mayan coupons, drank the Koolaid, installed with no issues.

Looks and flies quite nice - only had 1 hr or so. But I cannot turn the panel lights on. I know where they are - that triangular panel down and to the right. I can mouse over them, but they don't move or actually turn the lights on. I have followed the startup procedure - and the landing lights and positioning lights work fine - just can't get those others to turn on.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Ok - gave in, took the Mayan coupons, drank the Koolaid, installed with no issues.

Looks and flies quite nice - only had 1 hr or so. But I cannot turn the panel lights on. I know where they are - that triangular panel down and to the right. I can mouse over them, but they don't move or actually turn the lights on. I have followed the startup procedure - and the landing lights and positioning lights work fine - just can't get those others to turn on.

Any ideas?

thanks!
    Please tell me your startup procedure routine.