Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released

Diego, the completely new install worked fine. After removing all the old files as suggested and doing the complete reinstall the flaps handle works just fine. Thanks to all who helped clear this up.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Firstly, I would like to renew my heartfelt thanks to Milviz and team for the Sabre which has made my day more than once and seems bent on continuing to repeat this with the SP1...

After a second download with the firewall down, all went well and the new version of the Sabre was flying as it should with the improvements in the mdl as expected ...

I was a bit surprised and disappointed though as when I transferred my different hangars (Milviz_F-86_Camouflage, Milviz_F-86 USAAF and Milviz_F-86_Other Nations) which I made to reduce the size of said hangars and keep things manageable, I could not operate the Shift+2 panel which enables the quick start and other load functions of the aircraft. I was faced with a black square instead of the usual selection panel...

After many tries, I think I have pinpointed the reason for this; the SP1 Sabre will only respond to one name and that is Milviz F-86...

It would appear that the coding of one of the dlls (probably Milviz_F-86.dll) has been inadvertently modified from the original and will not recognize any other entry but "Milviz F-86". Would it be possible to correct this and enable the use of another name(s) than Milviz F-86 ?

In the interim and to circumvent this problem, I have resorted to use the original version but with the SP1 mdl after removing the SP1 dlls...
    It is only a temporary measure, I'm sure (until I get a new dll), as I know that I'm missing on all the other goodies and historically correct flight behaviour of this gorgeous aircraft...

Thank you again for your kind patience and looking forward to the dll correction...

Note : The original version accepts modified names but does require that a file bearing the "Milviz F-86" name and reduced content be present for the others to work...
    Although I'm pretty sure that I did try this combination with the SP1, now I'll have to try again just to be on the safe side... sigh...

"I'll be back..."

Fleurdelys

Drop in at the support forums and ill see what i can do to figure it out...nonetheless i cannot figure out why it should do so...
    -JB

SEE!!!!! I knew it...when I went to work tonight I KNEW when I got home the problem would be fixed and or solved!!! No worries about any blame here....I am just so glad it was fixed and it wasn't ME!! LOL!!!

Anyway....I have now don't the needed fix and all is well in Sabre land! I do have one question.......is there a simple way to disable to smoke? I am getting an FPS hit with this version that I wasn't getting before. the only thing I can think of is the exaust smoke and its texture.

thanks agin for an AWESOME jet and OUTSTANDING support........ONE AGAIN!!! :salute:

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post
    It is only a temporary measure, I'm sure (until I get a new dll), as I know that I'm missing on all the other goodies and historically correct flight behaviour of this gorgeous aircraft..
    It's not that bad as the FDE hasn't changed even the least bit with SP1

I did notice some difference in its flight but I like the changes alot.

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I did notice some difference in its flight but I like the changes alot.
    Placebo effect...LOL.... the only change is the stall buffet sound that occurs now at a higher (correct) AoA but that's not the FDE...

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Roger, I thought long and hard about creating an uninstaller, but in the end decided against the idea. The reason is that since some of the files are shared with other Milviz projects, the 'uninstaller' wouldn't know whether to remove a file or not.

If it happend to be one of the files that was shared with other Milviz products, then those products would no longer work properly.

In this specific aircraft however, the only folder that really needs to be removed is the ..\panel folder, and that only because I'd originally placed the five "gauges" used in the ..\panel folder. Since Jon asked me to have the new gauges placed in the sim's ..\Gauges folder, the old versions were still being used instead of the new ones...

In the future I will take the effort to create an option to "Uninstall" by simply running the installer once more, and choosing "Uninstall" from the options. By doing it this way, I'll be able to remove only those files that I specify explicitly, and will not remove any of the "shared files," and best of all no one will have to spend time trying to find a separate "uninstaller" program. :ernae:
    Thanks for that Bill. I'll take out the panel folder and then reinstall:ernae:. On the subject of uninstallers, the reason it can take a while to locate them (if indeed there is one) is that they can be located in a variety of places, such as in the aircraft folder or in the FsX root folder or maybe from control panel so it can take a while to locate uninstallers even if they exist!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2012

Can´t reinstall MilViz F-86 Sabre

Hi !

I´m not able to reinstall the F-86 Sabre v.SP1, because I bought the airplane via FSpilotShop. (FlightSim.com)

The download from MilViz and reinstall goes only to Flight 1.

Best Regard

DennyBoy

You should be able to d/l again from Fspilotshop (where you got it from). I had an e-mail last night from the supplier I used to tell me that there was an update and to just go and d/l again from my account.

Best,
    Myles

To be 100% clear, the updated file will only be available from the place you bought it originally. Downloading it from the MV site will mean you have to buy it again...

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to MilViz and all who helped sort out the hiccups I was having since installing the service pack. Flaps are functioning as advertised. All is well now after I followed the posted instructions.. Loving this plane! :salute:

I do have one question.......is there a simple way to disable the exaust smoke? I am getting an FPS hit with this version that I wasn't getting before. the only thing I can think of is the exaust smoke and its texture.

do have one question.......is there a simple way to disable to smoke? I am getting an FPS hit with this version that I wasn't getting before. the only thing I can think of is the exaust smoke and its texture.
    Nothing has changed with the "smoke" except it is now more black and somewhat more dense. That should have zero impact on frame rates.

In any case, it's a simple matter to open the aircraft.cfg, scroll towards the end of the file, and comment out the [SMOKESYSTEM] entries.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

How about a little SP1 'Flaps for Dummies'? Mine extend and retract in a mind-boggling 40 seconds - each way. I'm using the joystick button that worked so well before and tried the mouse. While that starts the up or down action, there's no movement of the cockpit lever. Spell it out for me and assume I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    How about a little SP1 'Flaps for Dummies'? Mine extend and retract in a mind-boggling 40 seconds - each way. I'm using the joystick button that worked so well before and tried the mouse. While that starts the up or down action, there's no movement of the cockpit lever. Spell it out for me and assume I know nothing.
    The answer is a few pages back

OldernDirt, You will need to do a completely clean install. Look back at the previous threads to see just what files to delete. If you have any addon paints be sure to save you entries in your aircraft.cfg file. I had the same problem but with the clean install all works perfectly. There are several gauge files that must be replaced. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    OldernDirt, You will need to do a completely clean install. Look back at the previous threads to see just what files to delete. If you have any addon paints be sure to save you entries in your aircraft.cfg file. I had the same problem but with the clean install all works perfectly. There are several gauge files that must be replaced. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, Stovall and Diego. For those, like me, who have reached the age of special care, from FSX\Gauges, delete 4 (four) MilViz F86 .dll files. From FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes, delete MilViz F86. From FSX\SimObjects\Misc, delete 3 (three) Milviz F86 Bombs/Rockets/Tanks files. Reinstall the SP1, downloaded from your vendor and. If you've already misplaced your repaints, get busy.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    If you bought from places other than Flight1/Milviz website then you should have received a link from the store telling you there was an update. I know our SimMarket customers have been taken care of. Please let us know though if they do not have the SP1 and we can try to work things from our end to try and get them to upload the latest one for you. Good to see so far everyone is having fun with the bird after the initial hurdles have been cleared.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Please try with AVSIM Store. They still host the old installer.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Nothing has changed with the "smoke" except it is now more black and somewhat more dense. That should have zero impact on frame rates.

In any case, it's a simple matter to open the aircraft.cfg, scroll towards the end of the file, and comment out the [SMOKESYSTEM] entries.
    I tried that but it didn't work.

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    A couple of quick flights and it seems to me the stall speed has been lowered or at least the point where the buffet occurs. Also seems less critical to be near Vx or Vy for stability in the climb.
    Much more docile in the pattern. I used to work up a sweat with it doing touch and goes like I do with the T-38.
    Sorry, missed your post. As mentioned already in this thread, there has been absolutely no chance concerning the FDE in SP1. The only change is the buffet effect which starts now at a higher (correct) AoA.
    In fact this makes the 86 more difficult to fly because the buffet sound doesn't serve as a pre-stall warning anymore
    The more docile handling illusion is simply because previously you were just on the edge of the buffeting onset during the approach which isn't the case anymore.
    She departes controlled flight as before but with much less warning...

Still working on what my FPS issue is.....but I still LOVe this new SP....great work guys!

Attachment 76848

I tried that but it didn't work.
    Did you close FSX completely and restart before testing?

The effect files are loaded once when the sim is first started, and will persist even if you were to completely delete the .fx files...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit