Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Sorry, but it sounds like user error. You can head on over to our support forums and see if any devs/coders have an answer for you.

Also, I'll say it again; the flaps lower/retract slowly. around 4-6 seconds. They aren't fast.

Diego

Trust me no useer error bud...lol As for when they do finally drop it takes about 30 seconds to fully drop.

Quote Originally Posted by manukar View Post
    I have the same problem

Thank you....this is exactly what I have too.

also....is there supposed to be two flap entries in the aircraft.cfg file?

[flaps.0]
    type= 1
    span-outboard= 0.5
    extending-time= 99
    system_type= 0
    damaging-speed= 215
    blowout-speed= 250
    lift_scalar= 1
    drag_scalar= 1
    pitch_scalar= 1
    flaps-position.0= 0
    flaps-position.1= 38

[flaps.1]
    type= 2
    span-outboard= 1
    extending-time= 99
    system_type= 1
    damaging-speed= 9999
    blowout-speed= 9999
    lift_scalar= 0
    drag_scalar= 0.22
    pitch_scalar= 0
    flaps-position.0= 0
    flaps-position.1= 50

As I do not have an answer for you, I will tell you again; please take this to our support forums.

Diego

Originally Posted by VCN-1My executable reads as follow: MilViz_F86_vR1_121129

Is that correct also?

VCN-1

The answer to the above question was "Yes sir". I am asuming the "executable" being mentioned above refers to the installer executable. My SP1 installer download (today) from FS Pilot Shop was : MilViz_F86_vR1.122610.exe (Also, the installer zip file had the same filename and byte count as the original did - which seems suspicious). Finally, there is a date in the text at the top of my resulting aircraft.cfg file of "10/17/2012".

EDIT: Milviz tells me I have not yet received SP1. I guess I need to wait a while until FSPilotShop posts the update.

Can anyone comment on its validity for SP1?

No longer active
    Both entries and the extension times are correct. Using the flaps extend key (2 times) or using the mouse to move the handle (the flap handle does move when using the key and the mouse) makes the flaps extend withing approx 6sec

Question for those having flap problems:

1. Are you using accufeel?
    2. Are you using a panel or some hardware device
    3. Have you mapped the flap to something other than what it normally is

Regards, Diego

I think I know what the problem might be on the flap actuation. I noticed in the video that the flap lever is near the up position but perhaps not full up. Users who are using a mouse to move the flap lever, move it to the Full Down position until the flaps are at the desired Intermediate position and then move the lever to the center to stop the flap movement. If you map the flap up and down commands to buttons on a HOTAS or similar stick setup, you will need to click the button assigned to Flaps Down until the lever is in the Full Down position(usually two clicks) then when the flaps are at the desired intermediate position, click the Flaps Up assigned button once to stop the flaps movement((which the flap lever should stop in the center position). To raise the flaps in the same manner, just reverse those steps. On the real F-86, there are no preset flap positions on the lever/control console but the flap lever can be locked/stopped at intermediate positions. That's the reason we set it up this way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unhappy

1.No accufeel, but I´m using the Tacpack beta
    2.Only a normal joystick
    3.Default mapping

I have reinstalled it from the start, and it´s working now. I deleted the old version and extracted the installer again from the flight1 wrapper, this time FSX asked me to allow .ddl´s to run.

Sorry for inconviniences.

Looks like the installer wasn't overwriting the old DLL's (which are found in the Gauges folder).

Delete these, and reinstall.

Diego

Yes, I've encountered mixing up of code/components which can cause issues. I'd also suggest cleaning out all the simobjects as well just to be safe. Since there isn't an auto uninstaller, the items need to be removed manually(the 5 gauges and simobjects--Aircraft and Misc objects). I wouldn't worry so much with the effects and sound.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Question

Hello Diego,
    I´m going to do the sp1 install now. What gauges and misc objects to delete to make flaps work ok?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Hello Diego,
    I´m going to do the sp1 install now. What gauges and misc objects to delete to make flaps work ok?
    To give you the best idea of what files to delete, point the installer to your desktop. That will give you an absolute list of files to delete.

The important files are 4 milviz dll's in the gauge folder.

Also, delete your Milviz F-86 from simobjects/airplanes, along with the 3 misc payload items in misc.

Diego

Thanks! I will try
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I will look in to this as well. I could have swore the flap handle moved on my rig. However I also use a hat switch linked to the key commands for flap movement. good to see Diego is already on top of things though!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    To give you the best idea of what files to delete, point the installer to your desktop. That will give you an absolute list of files to delete.

The important files are 4 milviz dll's in the gauge folder.

Also, delete your Milviz F-86 from simobjects/airplanes, along with the 3 misc payload items in misc.

Diego
    fyi... I just did what you said and this time was the charm time, worked like a dream. Also notice the lights are better (e.g. - the trim is now bright red, not the washed out white I was getting). Good job, off to make some more test flights now.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by PhillRoath View Post
    fyi... I just did what you said and this time was the charm time, worked like a dream. Also notice the lights are better (e.g. - the trim is now bright red, not the washed out white I was getting). Good job, off to make some more test flights now.

Phill
    Glad to hear it!

@Skyhawk, sorry for saying it was user error.

In reality, it was tester error. I failed to test the install over the original release to see if things worked properly.

Had I done that, I would have noticed the problem with the flaps, and would have made the recommendation to delete all files prior to installing the SP1.

Anyways, glad to see the problem has been found and fixed!

All the best, Diego

P.S. those new lights were a surprise to me as well! One day, a new build just randomly had them, deff. makes a difference!

I spent an hour looking for the uninstall file for the F86 but found none, so I installed over but haven't tested yet. Perhaps the addition of an uninstall file would be useful? I don't want to go searching in various sub-folders for things to delete because with fat fingers I would probably delete something important. So give us an uninstaller that makes updating easy please.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks for the rapid fix Diego.
    A couple of quick flights and it seems to me the stall speed has been lowered or at least the point where the buffet occurs. Also seems less critical to be near Vx or Vy for stability in the climb.
    Much more docile in the pattern. I used to work up a sweat with it doing touch and goes like I do with the T-38. I kinda miss that!

Great job guys.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Thanks for the rapid fix Diego.
    A couple of quick flights and it seems to me the stall speed has been lowered or at least the point where the buffet occurs. Also seems less critical to be near Vx or Vy for stability in the climb.
    Much more docile in the pattern. I used to work up a sweat with it doing touch and goes like I do with the T-38. I kinda miss that!

Great job guys.
    I'm just the messenger

Changes were made to the FDE to make it more realistic. bstolle will be able to answer you more thoroughly than I

Regards, Diego

For our next products, an uninstaller will come with....

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I spent an hour looking for the uninstall file for the F86 but found none, so I installed over but haven't tested yet. Perhaps the addition of an uninstall file would be useful? I don't want to go searching in various sub-folders for things to delete because with fat fingers I would probably delete something important. So give us an uninstaller that makes updating easy please.
    Roger, I thought long and hard about creating an uninstaller, but in the end decided against the idea. The reason is that since some of the files are shared with other Milviz projects, the 'uninstaller' wouldn't know whether to remove a file or not.

If it happend to be one of the files that was shared with other Milviz products, then those products would no longer work properly.

In this specific aircraft however, the only folder that really needs to be removed is the ..\panel folder, and that only because I'd originally placed the five "gauges" used in the ..\panel folder. Since Jon asked me to have the new gauges placed in the sim's ..\Gauges folder, the old versions were still being used instead of the new ones...

In the future I will take the effort to create an option to "Uninstall" by simply running the installer once more, and choosing "Uninstall" from the options. By doing it this way, I'll be able to remove only those files that I specify explicitly, and will not remove any of the "shared files," and best of all no one will have to spend time trying to find a separate "uninstaller" program. :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

D/L and install and first flight is a dream. Flies so nice!! No problems for me at all. Absolutely a beautiful addon. I really like that JW244 German paint.

To all at Milviz, a job well done!!! Super job guys!!
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Well I went and tested it on my system. Dragging it with the mouse works on my rig (albeit I find it a bit clumsy). Operates as well with the scroll weight and joy stick toggle. Anyone that needs support and does not have an account head here: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1086 and follow the directions so I may create an account for you. That way we can get your flaps working properly so you may be off burning holes in the sky! Wonder what is causing it though. Cause I installed my original SP over the release build, and then did a reinstall of just the SP and it was fine in both cases. Computer programs do strange things it would seem.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+