FS11 News?

Thread: FS11 News?

Charter Member 2015

FS11 News?

Don't know how creditable this is but:

http://www.simpilotnet.com/index.php...sk=view&id=147

David

Lightbulb

There was a statement somewhere that only FSX-SP2 aircraft will be compatible with FSXI...

It has been common knowledge in the developer world that at best the next version will only be back-compatible with true FSX models.
    Regards,
    Robert

If it turns out to be no backward compatibility i can tell you this.
    If by the time FS11 comes out there is technology to run FSX smoothly, then i will probally skip it for FS12 unless they managed to throw in something truly revolutionary.

It's way too early for us to get worked up in a lather about backward compatibility in FSXI. This year, we'll probably see the focus at Aces put on TrainSim II, and next year, 2010, maybe we'll get a new version of FS. Then again, maybe not. Until they get to developing the next FS, it's pointless to speculate on what will or won't work.

And it seems the date that was posted was 21 December 2007!

Mike

More specifically, only FSX SP2 SDK compliant a/c and scenery... :amen:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post

I would venture a strong guess that this is correct.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    So all this fuss with SP2 models is just to make sure there's a pool of compatible add-ons ready when FS11 hits the shelves?

Those Aces guys are some darn clever buggars. :d

Not A New Member
    Personally I am willing to forget backward compatibility for FS11 as long as there is a significant leap in the programming. FSX has been a real disappointment and it is time for a thorough review and reassessment of the sim engine itself. When you look at what is out there in terms of graphics its about time that the cobbled together engine currently in use was quietly laid to rest.
    Time for something new.

kurt

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt190 View Post
    Personally I am willing to forget backward compatibility for FS11 as long as there is a significant leap in the programming. FSX has been a real disappointment and it is time for a thorough review and reassessment of the sim engine itself. When you look at what is out there in terms of graphics its about time that the cobbled together engine currently in use was quietly laid to rest.
    Time for something new.

kurt
    good show.:amen:

In some places admitting that FSX was poorly executed whether you enjoy it or not will get you linched!! I thoroughly enjoy a down-tuned FSX at 19FPS, but I can't help but get mad when I run games with graphics lightyears beyond it at 50FPS.

hmmm - a year old post creating furore? Take a look at the date of that simpilot net post...
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Hi all,
    I just hope they pay more attention to the major airports and city scenery.The scenery for Manchester and Liverpool in the UK is truly dreadful.I think the planes themselves are OK.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Lightbulb

One thing we have to remember about the FS series is that it must encapsulate the entire world - not just sections of it...

Charter Member 2015
    Sorry about this old news. Forgive me? :caked:

David