SweetFX for FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SweetFX for FSX

Cannot get this to work with FSX. If anyone has it working with FSX could you please explain how?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Cannot get this to work with FSX. If anyone has it working with FSX could you please explain how?
    Try this:
    http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

You will find to very boring video manuals but in this situation good for You .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks but I did try the configurator but it FSX still does not start with the d3d9 dll in place.

My FSX works very well with SweetFX. More stable tool than ENB.

Did You instal it in right directory? This Sweet configurator sees installed files?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Be sure you have Anti-aliasing un-checked in the sim. Will not work if not unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    Be sure you have Anti-aliasing un-checked in the sim. Will not work if not unchecked.
    Right, it can be a reason too.

Tried it all but no luck. I think I know the problem. Are you guys running FSX in 32 bit? I am using 64 bit win 7 so maybe that is the problem?

I have Win 7, 64. No problem is here.

And don't forget if you have disabled AA and are using Montie's sweetfx_settings.txt from page 2 you have to turm SMAA_antialiasing on as he has it turned off and you will have lots of jagged lines on everything.

So in the file sweetfx_settings.txt change
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0
    to
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1

And in your Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder should be the SweetFX folder (that contains - presets and shaders folder)
    And the following files:
    d3d9.dll
    d3d9.fx
    dxgi.dll
    dxgi.fx
    injector.cfg
    sweetfx readme.txt
    sweetfx_preset.txt
    sweetfx_settings.txt

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Tried it all but no luck. I think I know the problem. Are you guys running FSX in 32 bit? I am using 64 bit win 7 so maybe that is the problem?
    Running it with no issues. I have Win 7 64bit also.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1) It's a mod that works with FSX because FSX is a 32 bit application
    2) Your Windows 64 bit install shouldn't have any affect on it working since it's not working on windows, it's working on FSX.
    3) unzip the entire package to a location of your choice - keeping the file structure intact -- then copy the contents of that location (not the containing folder, just the contents of the folder) to your main C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, folder.

ex: Zipped File > Unzip > C:\...\Desktop\tempfolder >C:\...\tempfolder\Sweetfx(folder),files > (Copy everything inside the temp folder) and paste it into > C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X main folder.

The mod will be automatically "ON". The default settings don't look too much different from default FSX. You have to set up your own edits. Hit the pause button while in FSX then un pause for the injector to replace with new edits on the fly. "Scroll Lock" key turns it "ON/OFF".
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks for all the help. I have installed all the downloaded files into my fsx main folder. I have unchecked Anti-aliasing but no luck. What happens is when I start fsx the main logo screen comes up and then goes away and then nothing.

I have all the listed files in my fsx folder and when I remove the
    d3d9.dll, d3d9.fx, dxgi.dll, dxgi.fx files fsx loads, when I put them back it does not. I will keep trying and thanks again for all the advice and help.

I'm hoping someone will sort this out and working in Prepar3D.

Sweetfx + any HUD

Hello,

i like SweetFX with FSX and i use it with Bloom, HDR and vibrance enabled at standart settings. But when i fly any Jet, like the IRIS F-14 Tomcat, against the sun or at snow covered terrain on which the sun shines - the HUD-Symbols are to much "outshined"(sorry, i don't really know the right words to tell this on english). You could not see anything of the Symbols - this must cause the Bloom and HDR settings does someone have tweeked sweetfx settings wich are better to use with Jets and their HUDs?

Regards Sepp

P.S.: Sorry for my english...

I missed this thread entirely but all I can say is SWEET!

Sunset, REX and MegaScenery X Southern California.

Attachment 88596

I use it and love it to shreds, but I couldn't get it to work with its own anti analising setting so I just ran nvida to overwrite all anti analising and controlled it with that and it still seems to work. Im an anti analising freak and cant stand when a straight edge looks like a flight of stairs
    Roshane"Python" Samarasekara

Who said Kiwis can't fly?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i5 3570K @ 4.6ghz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | G.Skill 16GB Ares | EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 SC | Coolermaster X6 Heatsink | Corsair C70 Case | Seasonic 620W PSU

I also missed this thread completely first time around and was absolutely delighted to come across it yesterday! I prefer to fly DX10 and I'm over the moon that SweetFX works with it! I also fly in 3D with nVidia 3D vision and it works with that too!

For other DX10 and SweetFX users... can you recommend settings (in FSX itself, in nVidia Settings and in SweetFX) to get the best Anti-Aliasing (AA)... or at least the same kind of level AA one would enjoy in DX9?

May thanks

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Is it works in DX10? Im not sure...

Here my settings for FSX & DX9.

https://hotfile.com/dl/227511789/951...tings.txt.html (overwrite it in FSX main Folder).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Is it works in DX10? Im not sure...

Here my settings for FSX & DX9.

https://hotfile.com/dl/227511789/951...tings.txt.html (overwrite it in FSX main Folder).

Thanks, im gonna go test this right know!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i5 3570K @ 4.6ghz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | G.Skill 16GB Ares | EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 SC | Coolermaster X6 Heatsink | Corsair C70 Case | Seasonic 620W PSU

There is a link to predefined FSX profiles people have posted at the SweetFX download site. I used one that someone posted for use with REX and it worked perfect. I probably will play around with it later but for now I'm more then happy.

GUI version is available.

There is a GUI version of Sweetfx a available which negates your having to edit the text files by hand. Do a search here at SOH for SWEETFX. There's a whole thread already. I posted about it a few Months ago. Makes life much easier and faster to do on the fly settings adjustments. You can install and remove it from your directory on the fly as well if you wish to switch between this and say ENBSERIES.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    There is a link to predefined FSX profiles people have posted at the SweetFX download site. I used one that someone posted for use with REX and it worked perfect. I probably will play around with it later but for now I'm more then happy.
    thanks for the tip, im really enjoying sweatfx and cant play without it, lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I played around with the settings and im happy with this

SweatFX on:

SweatFX off:

If anyone wants it, ill be happy to post it,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes please post, always looking for a new setting to try

Bill

Here you go.

SweatFX settings

NOTE: sweatfx Anti analising is disabled, I personally use Nvidia inspector

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 8