Piper Pacer Super Pack, releasing!
Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Piper Pacer Super Pack, releasing!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Piper Pacer Super Pack, releasing!

Hey all,

It has come time again to release another creation into the world. This time, I have recreated the Piper Pacer 180 series.

At first, I was only going to make the classic tail dragger, but one thing lead to another. What about the other panel design? What about the Tri-Pacer? What about landing on lakes? Are you going to make a Bush plane version with tundra tires???

So, in the end, we ended up creating a massive package, with 4 versions of planes (tail dragger, Bush, Floats, and Tri-Pacer), and then created 3 panel versions; (classic and basic, then the Tri-Pacer version classic, then the modernized Bush high tech carbon fiber version with modern gauges). Then, came the painting. Versions of originals (thanks to Wayne Tudor's background knowledge and brush work) as well as modern Bush paint schemes, and then restoration famed simulated versions of more modern, restored Piper Pacers. Some paint schemes feature polished, babied, cared for birds that have nice reflections in them. Others like Blue Stripe have mud, dirt, bugs, scratches, chips, you name it. It even has faded paint where the N-numbers are literally fading to white.

The Bush model had to be able to land hard in the back woods of Alaska and Canada, so the landing gear was reinforced to land hard on short drop-ins.

Then some cool little innovations were added. Things like 'Clean Your Plexi!', and click to add Cargo, and Skirt Selector. With 'Clean your Plexi!', you can click on a pink bottle of Plexiglass Cleaner on the right side of the cabin floor to change your plexiglass cleaned state from normal to dirty to ultra clean. The dirty version has bugs and streaks and things. This carries into the gauges, so when you clean the Plexi, your gauges are more readable also. The Skirt Selector is a switch by the Mixture on planes that have skirts. The Float and Bush birds are exempt. The Skirts rotate from Vintage (default) to New (streamlined new more modern looking wheel skirts) to 'none' for those that like grass strip landings alot. Lastly, if you click on the wallet object on the passenger seat, you get a back seat of cargo, from mail parcels to Land Rover parts to foods and Missionary bibles. Click the front seat box parcel again to unload.

It was a large endeavor. It was only meant to be one model, one panel, perhaps 3 paint schemes. Now its 4 planes, 3 panels, 33 variants. 8-0))))) ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I have always loved the Piper Pacer since I was a kid, have always wanted to make this for FS, and I really like the company Piper (great people, great planes) so I had to do this.

Then............................ (yes.. I torture myself). I wanted some cool airports around Alaska. Something that isnt heavy on frame rates, some cool little cabins hidden with places to land around them. Some airport updates with tons of objects (cars and planes and hangers and buildings and other what nots). I added lake docks, cabins with docks, cabins with planes next to them, resorts, tons of boats from shipping to freight to luxury to fishing. I added 30 points of landing... This must be 'activated' in the addon scenery library of Prepar3D or FSX by the way.

So, if you are curious more about it, you might check out the website here, and download the PDF manual, and see if its something you want.

Note that this is not yet in SimMarket, PCAviator, JustFlight, FlightSimStore or Flight1 yet. The guys are all probably sleeping still. The release will take a couple of days, I would imagine. It is available at PayLoadz presently.

Anyhow, if you are looking for a small 4 seat plane for hopping around in, want something slow but not too slow (this is the 180, by the way, 140 knots), then this might be for you. This is a multi pack, so if you want a bush plane, it has it. If you want a float plane, it has it. If you want a classic restored, polished, waxed, clean classic, it has it. If you want something that has flown so hard, has been through EVERYTHING, has mud, dirt, bugs and is suffering from fading paint, this had that too!

More here; www.lionheartcreations.com/Piper_Pacer

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Here comes the first of many - Wonderful, looking for it to show up someplace I can use plastic.

I'm ready and willing.

Glenn

DLing now

Dave

Upon installing, it told me there were files that were write protected. What files did it overwrite?

Dave

SOH-CM-2014
    Dave,

The only one would be SoundGauge.DLL. You should be fine to overwrite.

If you wish to be safe, create a new folder, run the installer again, and deposit the files into the 'new folder' and manually install.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

I think it was one of the fonts. They are write protected and I sort of remember the Quest doing the same thing with the quartz.ttf now that I do a little looking.

Thanks for the quick response. I used your recommended install to a different location to find the write protected files :0

Dave

I hope you never tire of people saying "WOW" . . . because . . .

WOW!!!
    Very, very nice work from the pics . . . It would seem I have no choice but to buy it

WOW! is an understatement.
    This package is a better dessert tonight than the pumpkin pie I had earlier! Yum!
    Looking forward to exploring the additional scenery in the package tomorrow.

Thank you, Bill.

Bill the planes look great! Cant wait to get my hands on them.

I have one question.... is it possible to put the new panel in the tri-pacer or standard tail dragger?

Looking good Bill!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Blog Entries
    heheh. wow isnt the right word, but its the closest i can think of. these fly incredibly well.. kinda reminds me of the cherokee i used to take lessons in.. lighter yes, and much smaller, but a lot of pipers characteristics are right there.. you cant mistake them.. Thanks Bill and team for a wonderful little plane to enjoy..
    Pam

Thank you so much for this. A Tri-Pacer would be enough for me but a whole pack?!!! This is beyond wild expectations.

I had a great affection for Bill and Lynn Lyons' FS9 Tri-Pacer and have missed it a lot. Thank you for your efforts. I will get it once it is available by Flight1.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    heheh. wow isnt the right word, but its the closest i can think of. these fly incredibly well.. kinda reminds me of the cherokee i used to take lessons in.. lighter yes, and much smaller, but a lot of pipers characteristics are right there.. you cant mistake them.. Thanks Bill and team for a wonderful little plane to enjoy..
    Pam

Thanks Pam! That is the work of Wayne here at SOH. Great guru in knowing how these fly. He is a former Pacer owner and loves doing airfiles and painting. Dave agrees that they are right on. (Dave is my other Pacer owner that worked with my in creating these).

Bill

Will you be selling the Pacer through Just Flight? I'd like to get it and pick up the free Spitfire Mk IV at the same time
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cajj1 View Post
    Will you be selling the Pacer through Just Flight? I'd like to get it and pick up the free Spitfire Mk IV at the same time
    Yes. Martyn was sent the link and data 2 hours ago. Should be online soon.

Bill
    LHC

SOH-CM-2014
    Here are some little hidden tips and tricks and features.

First, for those of you new to FSX and Prepar3D, note that you have popup mini windows of gauges that are brought up by Shift 2 through Shift 7, 8, etc, up to as high as one has popup windows in a panel. So, on the Pacers, you have a popup of the avionics stack, ALT, ASI, and Tach on one side, then fuel on the right, and compass in the middle.

Second, is on the vintage panel planes (Tri-Pacer and then very early panels), you can hide the Whiskey Compass by clicking on it. Unhide by finding the near-by panel screw via mouse over that is the hidden switch to bring back the Whiskey Compass (magnetic compass) if you should need it back.

Third. Alot of the early Pacers had a 'thing' on the left sides (usually) of the fuselage called an 'Airspeed Horn' which was pretty much like a Pitot Tube, but looked like a sort of small turbine engine or two cupes joined together. The airspeed horns are there. To make one appear, you click on the outer most, left side Mic jack on the instrument panels. (Small chrome socket thing under the panel, two per side).

Note, you have 'no' battery switch or avionics switch on the vintage models. So if you try to start this plane from another planes cold and dark, and you turned off those switches when you saved in the 'other' plane, your new Pacer is not going to start. You need to create a new cold and dark from a running point in the new Pacer models.

Then... If you are really into the purity of planes, you might note that the classic (small panel, original model) does not have an area for radios, but that I have installed the radios where the glove box door is. If you do not like to see the radios on the door, click the door and the radios slide back into the panel, invisible from site. A pull knob for the door then appears. Click the door again to bring the radios back. In the early days, not alot of planes had radios. They were still new, quite expensive, so that was that. Hideable retrofit radios. :S

And something I thought was cool. For some of the old version Pacers (original paints in nice condition to replicate new planes back in the days), I thought it would be cool if the pilot also had some 1950's style shirts. So I googled them and found some and rigged him up in some 1950's stylin threads. I thought that was kind of neat. The old cruising shirts, sort of the bowling alley look.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Looks like your question got skipped over in all the excitement.
    I'll answer it, if Bill or you doesn't mind.

The Tri-Pacer comes with the new panel only.

All the others come with New, Classic, and Bush panels available.
    You could easily switch panels by editing the type of panel you would like for a particular paint in that plane's aircraft.cfg file entry, in the "panel=" line.

Hope that helps...

Hey Dain, thanks. I did miss that. Sorry.

The answer is no. You would need a model of the airframe that has that panel in it. One was not made. I never found pics of a really updated panel on the Tri-Pacers, so I kept them all with the standard Tri-Pacer panel. The other planes have all three panels as options, but not the TP.

Bill

Excellent! Love 'em all

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

This just might be THE most exciting package of the year! Awesome!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

"Yeah, you really got me now,..You got me so...":ernae:

Bill, this sure feels a lot like early christmas! Though I am actually almost out off the sim-hobby due to a serious lack of time I do think I know exactly what I am gonna do this weekend

So many fond memories of Mr Lyon´s version in FS9 and yours looks sooo darn great on these screenies. Great piece of modelling and texturework on this cool bird!

Thanks!
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Master of Disaster
    NICE! An old school putt putt, right up my alley! It's on my GET LIST!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Bill, this is your best work yet, no question about it. Of course I almost rolled it into a ball on my first landing. Almost... Beautiful VC.

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Awesome Package --as usual. Just hauled her out over Yellowstone. What a delight to fly

Here is my first pass at adding Shockwave lighting. Not really happy with the setup yet, so expect a few more iterations.

BTW, the same cfg works for all versions.

[lights]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.0 = 7, -2.20, 0.00, 1.49, fx_vclight,
    light.1 = 3, -0.09, -14.68, 2.86, fx_shockwave_navred_nl, //TW_NavRed
    light.2 = 3, -0.09, 14.68, 2.86, fx_shockwave_navgre_nl, //TW_NavGreen
    light.3 = 1, -6.83, 0, -1.2, TW_Beacon

//---------------- Strobes ----------------------
    light.4 = 2, -0.09, -14.68, 2.86, fx_shockwave_strobe_nl,
    light.5 = 2, -0.09, 14.68, 2.86, fx_shockwave_strobe_3_nl,

//-------------------- Landing Lights -------------
    light.6 = 5, 2.60, -11.00, 2.76, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_tail_old
    light.7 = 6, 2.60, -10.70, 2.76, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_tail_old

//----------------- ExhaustFlames ---------------
    light.8= 3, -0.70, 0.79, -2.10, fx_V12_IDLE_starb
    light.9= 3, -0.70, 0.79, -2.10, fx_V12_MAX_starb
    light.10=3, -0.70, 0.79, -2.10, fx_V12_Exhaust
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Charter Member 2012
    Wow Bill - you guys have excelled with this product - well done all concerned. Your best Yet!!

Members who have read this thread: 2