Keeping ones self busy....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping ones self busy....

Keeping ones self busy....

a lot harder said than done, but i'm slowly rebuilding my paintkit database by revamping a few kits... as i get a few done i'll then chuck them onto my skydrive for you all to have a play with... will also update my website with a paintkits database, ones i'm working on, completed etc...

so this will be the first revamped paintkit, as you can see it's a P-51D-25, in particular Warwick Carters P-51D-25... the Olive Drab denotes the areas i'm currently working, grey is 'to be done' once P-51D kit is in sim and flying i'll then move onto the next... which i think is going to be a redo of BrunoSK's Mossie externals :salute:

Attachment 75566

the things we do to keep busy eh?

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    a lot harder said than done, but i'm slowly rebuilding my paintkit database by revamping a few kits... as i get a few done i'll then chuck them onto my skydrive for you all to have a play with... will also update my website with a paintkits database, ones i'm working on, completed etc...

so this will be the first revamped paintkit, as you can see it's a P-51D-25, in particular Warwick Carters P-51D-25... the Olive Drab denotes the areas i'm currently working, grey is 'to be done' once P-51D kit is in sim and flying i'll then move onto the next... which i think is going to be a redo of BrunoSK's Mossie externals :salute:

Attachment 75566

the things we do to keep busy eh?
    Pipe down and get back to work!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Pipe down and get back to work!
    *incoherent mumbling* i am working... 0130, fever trying to kick in and splitting headache but i'm still goin!

edit at 0230... image of the metalwork being done....

Attachment 75568

well i think that's me happy with my Master Template for metal/silver USAAF P-51D-25NA Mustangs... now to pick a scheme to trial on it which isn't going to affect any shared areas on texture sheet (Canopy frame runs onto the nose so you end up with Artefacts on the windshield frame and side pieces...)

Attachment 75578

ok, have just checked what i have in sim, disregard about canopy frame... and here she is.... i must say i'm pleased with this, even though it was done in effectively 12 hours...

Blog Entries
    You've done another grand job on this one Matt.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    You've done another grand job on this one Matt.

Take care.
    thanks, and will do!

just deciding on a scheme now.....

thanks, and will do!

just deciding on a scheme now.....

The late Spencer Flack's 'Sunny VIII' coded VF * S ; never been done for Wozza's fs9 freeware P51 afaik.

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/165/pics/3_2_b2.jpg

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51...11371-p15.html

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51...45-11371.shtml

ttfn

Pete

My vote goes for the North American P-51D Mustang - "Sky Bouncer" from the 361st Fighter Group E2*A. I may have to dig up me copy of Wozza's Pony and re-install it for that paint scheme. Not seen one for the A2A WWII Fighters P-51D either.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    The late Spencer Flack's 'Sunny VIII' coded VF * S ; never been done for Wozza's fs9 freeware P51 afaik.
    And so it begins..... :salute:

Attachment 75586

30 minutes.... fast work there...

ttfn

Pete

Looking good Matt

Thanks Rob....

well 'Sunny VIII' has progressed nicely and has been given her tail number, identifier and most of other features, just time to turn that canopy frame blue! i've decided to omit the kill marks along the canopy edge as they'd just be a blurred mass... still onto crew name on fuselage as per the info i have on this one

Attachment 75588

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful looking Cadillacs Matt!
    You're enjoying every minute of this aren't ya buddy!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

just a bit, i have a lot of passion for warbirds... once i've done a bunch i'll then move onto a few personal/generic Birds... wonder how a P-51 in RHAF markings would look....... anyway, real birds first

ok she has tasted the virtual skies above England onto the next one (RAF Mustang IV anyone? )

Attachment 75595

Well, as I've just finished reading .'phoenix squadron' why not a Guatemalan camouflage one, I can go and beat up the border with Belize!

Ttfn

Pete

i've added Guatemala to my list :salute:

and an EDIT: here's a Crab Air version WIP... currently getting the camouflage applied, and ignore the frame from 'Sunny VIII' that's still to be done

Attachment 75596

well 0030, that'll do me for a day... here's where the RAF one sits as i head to bed :salute:

Attachment 75597

well now the paint has fully dried on the first two they've been up for a run together...

Great looking paints, Matt.

If you are looking for some painting to keep yourself busy, I have a suggestion for you to consider... :salute:

While you were creating that excellent NZ repaint of the Alphasim PBY, I was digging into my library and discovered that the PBY-5A were delivered to both the R.C.A.F. and the Soviets during WWII - and yet I haven't seen any PBY repaints for these two countries.

Just a thought..

Again, thanks for your efforts.
    :ernae:
    --WH

going to be busy for a while, got about another dozen or so P-51's on the books

but noted about the Soviet Catalina and the RCAF Canso's

going to be busy for a while, got about another dozen or so P-51's on the books

but noted about the Soviet Catalina and the RCAF Canso's
    Glad you met your objective..."Keeping one self busy", that is......

Thanks, again.
    :ernae:
    --WH

next one up on the jacks for paint..... loads to tweak here.... invasion stripe size on fuselage for a starters, add the HO -P identifier, crew name on port nose...

Attachment 75638

I hope your paint shop runs more than one shift, thats a lot of painting for just one crew!! LOL!! Looking real good!